• 5) Medium Well

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 6) Well Done

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 7) I don't eat steak.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ribeye. med rare - medium perfect , I want the fat cooked , and not cold . I do often order med because when I order med rare it often comes rare , If its med rare or medium I'm happy

Ribeye. 1 1/2" thick cut. Seasoned with Reicherts prime rib rub. Grilled to medium rare. Couple sliced tomatoes on the side. Ice cold Shiner Bock to wash it all down with. That's perfect to me.

NECowboy":28chfo1u said:
Childhood memories and habits run strong the rest of our lives!
Exactly why I want it as rare as I can get it. When I was growing up, steak was round steak and cooked to the consistancy of shoe soles.

M-5":2znot25v said:
I grew up with a real butcher as a father I watched him and emulated him as a small child he would grind fresh hamburger, break off a chunk, roll it up, salt and pepper it and put a piece of light bread around it and eat it. It was the best snack I ever had and when I was in the grocery business I would still make that snack from time to time.

Dash, a half raw hamburger is one of the best things I've ever eaten. But like NECowboy said, I'm scared to eat one nowadays. Might get the mad cow disease or something. I've never tried it completely raw, but I won't knock it till I try it first.

dun":9i07wv1b said:
NECowboy":9i07wv1b said:
Exactly why I want it as rare as I can get it. When I was growing up, steak was round steak and cooked to the consistancy of shoe soles.
We must have bought some of that same cow.

tomnt369":x6ilp052 said:
Family of butchers here. We also eat quality hamburger raw. The taste of rare steak is unsurpassed.
When the zombie apocalypse comes, I'll be watching you and Dash.....

Jogeephus":h3ppyoid said:
Salt, pepper and butter then seared and cooked to medium rare-ish. Something about like this.

12768166_805064832932838_5903500649937807744_o.jpg

Exactly!!!!

dun":29vzcegp said:
NECowboy":29vzcegp said:

Sounds like how my grandpa liked it. But for him, add burnt all the way around.

NY strip, prime grade if possible. Cooked from almost room temperature over charcoal to med rare, salt, pepper, tossed in a red hot blk iron skillet with some salted butter and a small dollop of roasted bone marrow for about 10 seconds on each side... rested for at least 5 min.

Ribeyes, medium/med rare (I think what I do is medium rare but I don't like it too red), marinade in Lawry's Pineapple Teriyaki marinade for 20-30 minutes, grill on Traeger with hickory pellets. That's what I posted to the photo contest and my favorite way of preparing it!

Growing up we usually ate sirloins (don't blame my folks steak is expensive) and I despise that flavorless cut of meat (I mean yeah there's some beefy flavor but it's no ribeye - steaks are good cuz of the fat period!)

NECowboy":30w1n0ou said:
Ribeyes, medium/med rare (I think what I do is medium rare but I don't like it too red), marinade in Lawry's Pineapple Teriyaki marinade for 20-30 minutes, grill on Traeger with hickory pellets. That's what I posted to the photo contest and my favorite way of preparing it!

Growing up we usually ate sirloins (don't blame my folks steak is expensive) and I despise that flavorless cut of meat (I mean yeah there's some beefy flavor but it's no ribeye - steaks are good cuz of the fat period!)

The "cap" off of the top sirloin is the best piece of meat on the whole animal...

Sirloin cooked medium to medium well. I use Montreal steak seasoning on mine. I like Rib eye sometimes cooked the same way. I used to only eat well done but I have come to like them at medium. After all they only come two ways when somebody cooks them at the rig. Thats rare or medium.

Craig Miller":34ygthmi said:
Sirloin cooked medium to medium well. I use Montreal steak seasoning on mine. I like Rib eye sometimes cooked the same way. I used to only eat well done but I have come to like them at medium. After all they only come two ways when somebody cooks them at the rig. Thats rare or medium.

Man y'all are doing something I don't know about to cook sirloin better, I just don't find it to have flavor like the ribeye guess I like some fat. Depending on price I also like chuck or chuck eye.

Craig Miller":3eohga0s said:

Craig, u work on oil rig? Assume you travel to Louisiana, Texas etc.

There used to be a little place around Concan Tx that had a "all you can eat Sirloin" night. I got my $$'s worth is all I'll say about that. Sometimes good, sometime's like boot leather.

It's been a while, but I used to would meet a buddy of mine at Texas Land and Cattle Company for their little advertised all-u-can-eat sirloin night. Over the course of 4 or 5 months we packed away a couple of steers.

I had a buddy that would buy 2 pounds of hamburger and a box of ritz crackers for football every Sunday. He would eat the raw hamburger, right out of the package all day as he watched the games.

Latest posts