What have you done lately that made you question your intelligence?

Help Support CattleToday:

So, mom stories, one came to mind.

My niece, 35 plus years ago, punched a hole in the plastic of her new high chair with the end of her kid silverware. So my mom superglued her fingers to the chair while repairing it.

Back when bank machines were relatively new they were only in the banks and if you got to town after banking hours you had to use the machine to get cash and deposit cheques.
I got to town one night with a paycheck in my hand and of course there was a lineup at the machine. I got to the machine, withdrew some cash, put my cheque in the envelope and attempted to deposit it. I tried and tried while the line behind me got longer. Finally a guy walked up, grapped my envelope from the withdrawal slot I was attempting to stuff it in, put it in the deposit slot and off it went.
I just walked out with my head down.
Just curious…why do y'all spell check c-h-e-q-u-e but spell "paycheck" with the c-h-e-c-k? Is that just a Canadian thing from the French influence?

Just curious…why do y'all spell check c-h-e-q-u-e but spell "paycheck" with the c-h-e-c-k? Is that just a Canadian thing from the French influence?
I'm going to assume I didn't override this stupid spellcheck (not spellcheque) and it got by me. I try to spell things properly but it doesn't always work out.
As far as the word 'cheque' goes I would have to assume that that is the correct spelling (originally at least) and has since been Americanized down there but kept original here.
We also don't get a 'cheque / check after our meal, we get a bill, which I suppose you could pay with a cheque.

To question my intelligence? Well, let's see.
I woke up this morning and had my coffee outdoors in my skivvies and boots.
At near sunrise I started listening to Joan Jett (she gets the blood pumping). Sometime later I found myself listening to something new.
That dude is getting old.

I am too.

I'm going to assume I didn't override this stupid spellcheck (not spellcheque) and it got by me. I try to spell things properly but it doesn't always work out.
As far as the word 'cheque' goes I would have to assume that that is the correct spelling (originally at least) and has since been Americanized down there but kept original here.
We also don't get a 'cheque / check after our meal, we get a bill, which I suppose you could pay with a cheque.
just checkin'...er...chequein'(?)

not necessarily. Depends what (or who) one is addressing or referring to.
One is a person's title and the other an attribute.
I was just pulling his chain. In his examples, he was adding a "u" between an "o" and an "r", but he fourgot to be consistent with the first wourd.

Back when bank machines were relatively new they were only in the banks and if you got to town after banking hours you had to use the machine to get cash and deposit cheques.
I got to town one night with a paycheck in my hand and of course there was a lineup at the machine. I got to the machine, withdrew some cash, put my cheque in the envelope and attempted to deposit it. I tried and tried while the line behind me got longer. Finally a guy walked up, grapped my envelope from the withdrawal slot I was attempting to stuff it in, put it in the deposit slot and off it went.
I just walked out with my head down.
a while back my buddy deposited his pay stubs and kept his cheques.. Ooops

One stupid thing I do regularly is try and put the socket backward on my impact gun.. or when I'm really out of it try and put it on the air coupler end of it..
Forgetting my phone, wallet, smokes, lighter, keys, etc is just daily and not newsworthy

Yep, beat me to it. Warren has too many keys.
I have two keys in my wallet, both for my day job. The rest stay in the ignition. We lost the keys to the house twenty years ago.
I live in an RV now.. i know my landlord pretty well, never lock the place when I go to work.. If I go out for a weekend i"ll lock it.. Both my trucks are parked outside with the keys in the ignition

Yep, beat me to it. Warren has too many keys.
I have two keys in my wallet, both for my day job. The rest stay in the ignition. We lost the keys to the house twenty years ago.
We have 5 assorted vehicles, 2 tractors, and 2 quads. The keys are in all of them. The house never gets locked. I don't know if there ever was a lock on the shop door. In fact the door is wide open all the time. The only key I use is the one to the post office box. And if I forget that one I just ask the gal who works there to give me my mail.