What have you done lately that made you question your intelligence?

Help Support CattleToday:

I went with my wife and daughter to look at a horse to buy. They will have to make do with the space already allocated to them. I'm going to have to keep a close eye on things they sneak the electric fence out further when they think I have dropped my guard then get PO'd when I tell them to put it back.

Ken

Started a chainsaw and forgot to put the clutch drum back on. I am lucky to be here as parts from the clutch flew by my head with the saw turning 13k rpms.
13K is impressive if not short lived. But, as they say... it was good while it lasted.

I decided to mechanic on a Herman Nelson (you guy call them torpedo heaters or something). Once you get the outer cowlings off there are very clear warnings to not operate without the cowlings in place. Well it turns out those warnings are well founded. It happens that if you do operate without the cowlings in place the thing is no longer a heater but a real live functioning flame thrower. There was burning diesel shooting out of that thing just like you'd see in an old war movie set in the South Pacific . I don't know how I managed to not burn the building down, dumb luck I think.

I decided to mechanic on a Herman Nelson (you guy call them torpedo heaters or something). Once you get the outer cowlings off there are very clear warnings to not operate without the cowlings in place. Well it turns out those warnings are well founded. It happens that if you do operate without the cowlings in place the thing is no longer a heater but a real live functioning flame thrower. There was burning diesel shooting out of that thing just like you'd see in an old war movie set in the South Pacific . I don't know how I managed to not burn the building down, dumb luck I think.
Did that myself with a 80K BTU Master brand (Tractor Supply) heater.
If the baffle on the hot business end had stayed in place it may have been ok but it is held in by the 2 piece outer plenum. Good thing I was out on the front porch when I tried it and it was pointed out into the yard. Not sure which was more shocked when I turned it on,me or the dog.....

Did that myself with a 80K BTU Master brand (Tractor Supply) heater.
If the baffle on the hot business end had stayed in place it may have been ok but it is held in by the 2 piece outer plenum. Good thing I was out on the front porch when I tried it and it was pointed out into the yard. Not sure which was more shocked when I turned it on,me or the dog.....
we have some 500,000 btu heaters in our shop.. you're tempting me to try this

Did you say 'whip me, beat me, make me write hot checks'?
I did say something similar. She replied that I'd have to settle for dinner and a show, so we had a romantic meal next to the fire last night.

I poured some diesel on the brush pile and struck a match, then rounded up a redneck meal pack like alabamacowman posted a few days ago. We substituted a couple items; had SPAM and lukewarm beer instead of cheap wine. We did have a sleeve of Ritz instead of Saltines. She said it was the Ritz that did it for her. The show was good.

She was in to whips and things, I was into pain..... and whatever else David Allen Coe said in that song.. I can't repeat it here
and.......

White ones, black ones, yellow ones, red ones
Necrophiliacs looking for dead ones
The greatest of the sadists and the masochists too
Screaming please hit me and I'll hit you

Everybody ballin' in batches
Pyromaniacs strikin' matches
I'm gonna itch me where it scratches
Freakin' at the freaker's ball, y'all
We're freakin' at the freaker's ball

The re-purposed steel from the spools mentioned in the original post…good coat of primer…all that's left is the painting

Attachments

• IMG_1230.jpeg
    IMG_1230.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 11