What have you done lately that made you question your intelligence?

Help Support CattleToday:

Grow a bunch of bovine to unimaginable weights then think they would listen when it counts. I need a crazy bull farm kill.....

During one of the small ice storms we had this year, my Mom busted the door handle on her van. No biggie, ordered one on Ebay, swung by Sunday morning to swap it out.

I opened the door, pulled the door panel, removed the handle and went looking for the new one, couldn't find it. Never once crossed my mind that I opened the door using a new not-broken handle that my brother had replaced the day before. :ROFLMAO:

We got a big rain the other day and it absolutely destroyed my driveway. So the ritual is I go out and fix it and question what kind of idiot I had to be to buy this place that has a 1600 foot gravel driveway that snakes up a decent size hill.

Also per ritual, I always snag a piece of that rock fabric with the land plane and pull up a good stretch of it and that's when I text my wife and tell her we are moving. After 7 years here I might be serious this time.

Yesterday, after an "interesting" morning, I got rained out so thought I would stay in the shop and get my fence mending supplies ready for the spring storms. In so doing, I found 3 brand new chainsaw chains (there's a bonus). A little backstory here: Last year I had a chainsaw finally bite the dust after many a day of heavy useage cutting up downed trees & brush and bought a new one. Back to the story: I decided the clean up the saw, new chain, air filter, etc. only to find that I couldn't get it to start (which is very rare for me - I can usually start one when no one else can). So I take it to the folks here that work on these things. He got it cranked but it was making a rattling nosie similar to old one that crapped out last year. Well, we got it diagnosed and put in an order for the needed parts - it needs quite a bit of work done to it. He told me when the parts come in, he can fix it for me for considerably less labor cost so I obviously said, "Sounds good." So the parts are on order. Took the saw back home and put it in the shop behind the house. When I put it in the shop, I looked over and saw the old saw sitting off to the side and thought, "Man, that old saw sure does look clean." It turns out I had cleaned the old saw (new chain, air filter, etc.) instead of the one I bought to replace it. So now, in a couple of weeks, I'll have two (2) good working chainsaws. I don't know why I didn't notice the difference and catch that when I was cleaning it up. The replacement still looks fairly new and the old looks...well...fairly used. Repairs to the old one will cost about half of what a new one would cost. It will be a bonus to have two of them but I questioned my intelligence when I realized what I had done - all that clean-up work on a saw that was inoperable. If I can get Dad's old saws up and running - highly questionable - but IF I can get them running, that will only add to the arsenal. He had four old ones (different sizes) that are covered with dust and rat turds stored around in that shop (I keep finding stuff like that). Who knows? I might be able to get one or more of them working, too. It will be something to mess with on bad weather days.

Every time I get on some of the ground that is too steep to walk on. Or the rocky hill sides with vertical cliffs. Just around the corner there is a sign warning of Big Horn Sheep on the road (the sign is actually on my property along side the road). Big Horn Sheep should have been a hint that there is some steep ground.

Not walking my fence lines in over a year...thinking everything is rock solid...w/ no repairs needed. Now I get to do the "emergency" repairs...all the way down the line.... in the mud and in some places with my knees in and hands working under 6" of water at the base of T-posts. That would be all the way down....all the way down....gosh there's a lot of T-Posts.

Here is a couple of pictures of what I should have looked at before buying here...... actually I am mighty happy to be here. But I do own some useless land. The sheep sign and hill above it. Some more of that hill. And last is taken of the hill on the other side of the river. The one nice thing about these cliffs is that you don't have to build fence there because cows aren't going through that way.

P3263207.JPGP3263209.JPGP3263208.JPG

This afternoon I asked my wife "did you do something with your hair?"
I've since learned that question would have been acceptable if I'd have asked her Friday evening.

Telling her that I only pay attention from the neck down, and that she's a hottie did not help matters. This recliner is actually quite comfortable. Hard to sleep with her snoring anyway.

This afternoon I asked my wife "did you do something with your hair?"
I've since learned that question would have been acceptable if I'd have asked her Friday evening.

Telling her that I only pay attention from the neck down, and that she's a hottie did not help matters. This recliner is actually quite comfortable. Hard to sleep with her snoring anyway.
Well, you've been married a long time now and security is what many women want in a relationship anyway.
I know that for a fact because it's what so many women yell when I first start flirting with them.

Latest posts