• 6) Well Done

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 7) I don't eat steak.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alisonb

Reaction score
How do you like your steak...degree of doneness, prefered cut and method of cooking.

Fillet would be my choice, med well :p and fried in my old faithfull heavy duty cast iron frying pan. No sauce, just a liberal sprinkling of salt and black pepper.

Salt, pepper and butter then seared and cooked to medium rare-ish. Something about like this.

12768166_805064832932838_5903500649937807744_o.jpg

aww hell , I prefer it on a plate its hard to eat one if it keeps getting up and running off.

For those that turn up their nose at what I prefer. I grew up with a real butcher as a father I watched him and emulated him as a small child he would grind fresh hamburger, break off a chunk, roll it up, salt and pepper it and put a piece of light bread around it and eat it. It was the best snack I ever had and when I was in the grocery business I would still make that snack from time to time. we never ate a lot of steak growing up and if we did it was reduced dark steaks. cooked to med rare or med was just not as flavorful to me . as I got older It did not change and I still prefer my steak raw in the middle. I prefer a ribeye and its hard to get a restaurant to cook it proper. when I cook them at home I get the grill to about 550 and put it on for 10 seconds and flip it and count to 10 again. I really like prime rib if done right but its hard to make my mind understand that red bloody meat is warm . I often tell waiters to cook it 10 seconds each side and I want a cold red center.

Dave":pi9828zi said:
Dehorn him, wipe his rear, run him through a hot kitchen and give me a sharp knife.
Pretty well sums it up for me too. I usually ask for embarrassingly rare

M-5":1d3w1e3u said:
aww be nice , I prefer it on a plate its hard to eat one if it keeps getting up and running off.

For those that turn up their nose at what I prefer. I grew up with a real butcher as a father I watched him and emulated him as a small child he would grind fresh hamburger, break off a chunk, roll it up, salt and pepper it and put a piece of light bread around it and eat it. It was the best snack I ever had and when I was in the grocery business I would still make that snack from time to time. we never ate a lot of steak growing up and if we did it was reduced dark steaks. cooked to med rare or med was just not as flavorful to me . as I got older It did not change and I still prefer my steak raw in the middle. I prefer a ribeye and its hard to get a restaurant to cook it proper. when I cook them at home I get the grill to about 550 and put it on for 10 seconds and flip it and count to 10 again. I really like prime rib if done right but its hard to make my mind understand that red bloody meat is warm . I often tell waiters to cook it 10 seconds each side and I want a cold red center.

Nah understand it Darryl that's a nice story I voted medium myself but can see why you would like it rare. Childhood memories and habits run strong the rest of our lives! I would try that if it wasn't for all the dam foodborn bacteria nowadays from packing plants and wherever. I've had medium rare and that good too especially with prime rib. Only raw I will do is fish - sushi lol.

Medium. About like what Jogeephus described. I like the outside seared and butter coated. Just a touch of pepper and some salt. That's it. No sauces.

Ribeye - medium rare but closer to rare. But, I love what greybeard has in the pic.

I know most people consider it ruined, but I have to have it well done. I just can't put it in my mouth if it is not brown all the way through. It's almost like a sensory issue.

backhoeboogie":1rrz9r6i said:
Medium. About like what Jogeephus described. I like the outside seared and butter coated. Just a touch of pepper and some salt. That's it. No sauces.

I'll eat with boogie. Rare enough to bleed just a little but a good char on the outside. Perfect mix of flavor.

As rare as you can have it and still be hot for me. I love HP sauce and an indian spice similar to mango chutney.. Mmmm MMMmm