Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 6) Well Done

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 7) I don't eat steak.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ky hills":20kvcku0 said:
My favorite is filet mignon medium well. Medium rare is really what I like, but stopped that a long time ago due to health concerns.

Just from curiosity, what health concerns? And as far as the favorite steak, I like steak too, but I'll take a good slice of prime rib over steak any day.

greybeard":3i01s7fo said:
Medium-like this mostly.
chicken-fried-steak.jpg

I went to a finer I don't usually eat at that has a Sunday buffet. They had three choices of meats. One looked like cfs. I asked the lady if it was and she looked at me like I was the crazy one and said no honey that's pork chop. If I had thought for a second I would have know what it was since cfs is so uncommon in alabama.

M-5":22exb51o said:
Char grill acorn (egg type) grill it will go to at least 700 deg cause that's all the numbers left on the thermometer , the key to sirlion is the way it's cut and properly aged. Buy you one and stick it in fridge till it's starts turning and you can see the iridescent colors on it . but a good rub seasoning and cook to your desired doneness.

Til it starts turning green?

:lol2:

I wonder if you could do brick oven style pizza (800 degrees in it). The last thing I need is another grill (got traeger and a charcoal I rarely use) when our garage is so tiny and can barely fit the two we have now!

Rafter S":3l3tdz9p said:
Ky hills":3l3tdz9p said:
My favorite is filet mignon medium well. Medium rare is really what I like, but stopped that a long time ago due to health concerns.

Just from curiosity, what health concerns? And as far as the favorite steak, I like steak too, but I'll take a good slice of prime rib over steak any day.

You'd love our prime rib up here almost every small town Nebraska restaurant has it on Saturday nights it's unreal!

Rafter S":1zaoifbp said:
Ky hills":1zaoifbp said:

I was referring to food borne illnesses like ecoli. Believe me, I have had terrible fall and winter one year after some bad apple cider. I had been getting some really good cider it wasn't pasteurized and didn't have a problem until the orchard's refrigerator went out, all it took was one sip for me to know it was bad, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Craig Miller":2u1vsze8 said:
greybeard":2u1vsze8 said:
Medium-like this mostly.
chicken-fried-steak.jpg

I went to a finer I don't usually eat at that has a Sunday buffet. They had three choices of meats. One looked like cfs. I asked the lady if it was and she looked at me like I was the crazy one and said no honey that's pork chop. If I had thought for a second I would have know what it was since cfs is so uncommon in alabama.

I take it Craig that you like to tell jokes with a straight face. I was like Cfs in the good ole heart of Dixie is uncommon what are you smoking? It's touristy and expensive but I liked the whistle stop cafe in irondale (yes I saw the movie) when I visited bham. Also been to big Bob gibsons in Decatur? Good bbq with white sauce (mayo based).

I must be somewhat of a southerner at heart from living several years in sc and loving my tea sweet, squash casserole, turnip greens, pinto beans etc. Everyone has tomatoes right now fresh from their gardens and I am like DO NOT give them to me ripe k want your green tomaters!!! :lol2:

Ky hills":1f27o23l said:
Rafter S":1f27o23l said:
Ky hills":1f27o23l said:

I was referring to food borne illnesses like ecoli. Believe me, I have had terrible fall and winter one year after some bad apple cider. I had been getting some really good cider it wasn't pasteurized and didn't have a problem until the orchard's refrigerator went out, all it took was one sip for me to know it was bad, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Apparently dash thinks that cooking a sirloin totally rare after its got gangrene makes for a tasty steak.

Sickest I've ever been was from eating an aged steak that, I guess, wasn't properly trimmed. Had to stay real close to home bc for about 5 days, when it hit you, it was drop em right then and there or get a water hose. And terrible stomach cramps. Not sure what it was but I don't want no more part of it!

JMJ Farms":2y2seojj said:
Sickest I've ever been was from eating an aged steak that, I guess, wasn't properly trimmed. Had to stay real close to home bc for about 5 days, when it hit you, it was drop em right then and there or get a water hose. And terrible stomach cramps. Not sure what it was but I don't want no more part of it!

JMJ would you trust an aged raw steak from dash? Y'all aren't too far from each other relatively speaking.

I like medium rare. I haven't mastered raw yet. I guess Dash is probably a steak aficionado at this point so to answer your question. Yes. I'd trust him one time. But no promises after that :lol:

JMJ Farms":2njudrdd said:
I like medium rare. I haven't mastered raw yet. I guess Dash is probably a steak aficionado at this point so to answer your question. Yes. I'd trust him one time. But no promises after that :lol:

Dash is awesome but I need pictures of this aged steak raw and cooked to see what he's talking about!

JMJ Farms":34dyooo5 said:
Probably the salad!

Ky hills":2jjidfy5 said:
Rafter S":2jjidfy5 said:
Ky hills":2jjidfy5 said:

Ecoli is more of an issue with ground meats than it is with whole muscle meats.

I was told that the good and bad bacteria grows on the outside of the steak, needs air for incubation. And once you sear the outside good the bacteria is killed? IDK

True Grit Farms":2lj9a4c8 said:
I was told that the good and bad bacteria grows on the outside of the steak, needs air for incubation. And once you sear the outside good the bacteria is killed? IDK

if eating dark steaks killed you I would have died when I was a child.

True Grit Farms":1stzxvyn said:
That's why ground/chopped is more suceptible to it.

True Grit Farms":3tdx7dcw said:

Aerobic vs anerobic bacteria. I took a short course on bacteria as part of my applicator lic CEUs. I sure ain't no expert on it but... I bet Lucky_P can tell us all about it.
Some do need oxygen--others can't tolerate oxygen, and others don't 'have" to have oxygen, but can tolerate the presence of oxygen.
Them that don't absolutely need or can't stand air are called anaerobes.
Some, have some kind of way they change or adapt and grow in either case. eColi and staph are the kind that grow in either circumstance.
All the Clostridium strains of bacteria can exist in air, but can't multiply or grow in air.
The one that causes botulism and tetanus are ones that can't grow in an oxy (air) rich environment.

dun":10x0y0ac said:
True Grit Farms":10x0y0ac said:
That's why ground/chopped is more suceptible to it.

When ordering steak often times it understandably not cooked exactly as ordered, if it is a little less than medium well, I will go ahead and eat it. But as you say hamburger is a different story, I want it cooked to the point that there is no pink in it.

Latest posts