Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 7) I don't eat steak.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ky hills":2w6nt0m1 said:
dun":2w6nt0m1 said:
True Grit Farms":2w6nt0m1 said:
I was told that the good and bad bacteria grows on the outside of the steak, needs air for incubation. And once you sear the outside good the bacteria is killed? IDK
That's why ground/chopped is more suceptible to it.

When ordering steak often times it understandably not cooked exactly as ordered, if it is a little less than medium well, I will go ahead and eat it. But as you say hamburger is a different story, I want it cooked to the point that there is no pink in it.
Unless I grind it myself from muscle meat left in the freezer from our own animals, I don;t want any pink in burger either. If I grind it I don;t mind just a hint of pink. Steak/roasts I want dam near raw!

From our own meat I've had plenty of meat patties that were cooked about like a med-rare steak.. never had a problem with it, and it's pretty tasty that way... Meat from unknown sources (including supermarket, restaurant, and cat) I'll have them well done thank you.

My favorite steak is a ribeye sliced 1 inch thick with a good dose of sea salt on it before grilled medium on a charcoal grill. No sauces at all, just steak.

3waycross":11r8ddp4 said:
melking":11r8ddp4 said:
I had a buddy that would buy 2 pounds of hamburger and a box of ritz crackers for football every Sunday. He would eat the raw hamburger, right out of the package all day as he watched the games.

There's a death wish if I ever heard one!

You not kidding. My wife would kill me if I sat around watching football all day.

Ky hills":3bnpn3fq said:
Rafter S":3bnpn3fq said:
Ky hills":3bnpn3fq said:
My favorite is filet mignon medium well. Medium rare is really what I like, but stopped that a long time ago due to health concerns.

Just from curiosity, what health concerns? And as far as the favorite steak, I like steak too, but I'll take a good slice of prime rib over steak any day.

I was referring to food borne illnesses like ecoli. Believe me, I have had terrible fall and winter one year after some bad apple cider. I had been getting some really good cider it wasn't pasteurized and didn't have a problem until the orchard's refrigerator went out, all it took was one sip for me to know it was bad, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

That is why cider is best served fermented. But that brings up an entirely different set of problems.

hillbilly beef man":1dr3gvhs said:
Ky hills":1dr3gvhs said:
Rafter S":1dr3gvhs said:
Just from curiosity, what health concerns? And as far as the favorite steak, I like steak too, but I'll take a good slice of prime rib over steak any day.

I was referring to food borne illnesses like ecoli. Believe me, I have had terrible fall and winter one year after some bad apple cider. I had been getting some really good cider it wasn't pasteurized and didn't have a problem until the orchard's refrigerator went out, all it took was one sip for me to know it was bad, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

That is why cider is best served fermented. But that brings up an entirely different set of problems.

That is why I only drink pasteurized cider now. I don't plan on trying fermented cider, the strongest stuff I drink is black coffee.

Latest posts