When do you stop washing/cleaning your PU truck

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasJerseyMilker

Reaction score
I live in rural Oregon after leaving Texas. My Dodge Ram truck is 9 years old. About a year ago I stopped washing it and cleaning out the interior.

It is said that cowboys only get their trucks washed whenever it rains. What age and model of your truck did you stop washing your truck it or cleaning the interior?

Too difficult to keep clean where we live. The feed truck is a '19 and been washed 4-5 times. I have cleaned the feed dust off the dash twice. The '18 F 350 doesn't get used hard so the interior stays pretty clean. I've had it detailed twice but other than that rarely wash the outside. Last time I had it detsiled nobody could believe how nice it looked.. ..lasted about 10 days

I live in rural Oregon after leaving Texas. My Dodge Ram truck is 9 years old. About a year ago I stopped washing it and cleaning out the interior.

It is said that cowboys only get their trucks washed whenever it rains. What age and model of your truck did you stop washing your truck it or cleaning the interior?
This old man is going to have a clean truck in and out.
Bout as dirty as you'll ever see mine including the boat.IMG_2749.jpegIMG_2609.jpegIMG_2566.jpeg
Including the 02 I sold in January

I have a "good" truck that gets used for some farm work but mainly for taking the family with when hauling hay, cattle, or equipment from outside the local area. It gets stored inside and steam cleaned after any winter use. At the cost of new trucks I'm trying to keep the winter salt/rust off it as long as possible.

My farm truck gets washed when it rains. If I steam cleaned it I'm afraid the rust thats keeping it together would dissappear. I do wash the windows as it sits under a lean too and the barn swallows crap all over the windshield.

Can't teii if the white truck gets washed with the red dirt stains on it so why bother.

I have a "good" truck that gets used for some farm work but mainly for taking the family with when hauling hay, cattle, or equipment from outside the local area. It gets stored inside and steam cleaned after any winter use. At the cost of new trucks I'm trying to keep the winter salt/rust off it as long as possible.

My farm truck gets washed when it rains. If I steam cleaned it I'm afraid the rust thats keeping it together would dissappear. I do wash the windows as it sits under a lean too and the barn swallows crap all over the windshield.
You guys in the rust belt have a tough gig.

I had a friend that went to the salt flats every year to help do time trials. He drove a 90's Metro up until about five years ago. The car spent a week or two every year on the salt and when he sold it there was no noticeable rust.

He would come home from the salt and park the car on his gravel driveway, and put a lawn sprinkler under it at low volume. He'd move the car back and forth every few hours for about three days. It must have worked because the car had no visible rust.

At the cost of a stock trailer I wash it out to make it last as long as possible.

UP here on the salty tundra they salt the roads at least 5x a day from December thru April so if you use a vehicle in the winter it isn't going to last. Even putting my vehicles up on the lift and steam cleaning the undersides occasionally all winter doesn't stop the rust, it just slows its progression. There is so many nooks and crannys under a vehicle to hold salt and slop that you can't get it all.

Latest posts