When it is below zero.............

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a heat pump with 92% efficient gas backup plus a ventless as pictured above for emergency outages, furnace goes down, etc. gas furnace kicks on around 30 degrees. Heat pump is more efficient over that, gas more under.

My brother is a carrier tech with 25 plus years experience, he's my go to on what to use and where to set things.

I have a heat pump with 92% efficient gas backup plus a ventless as pictured above for emergency outages, furnace goes down, etc. gas furnace kicks on around 30 degrees. Heat pump is more efficient over that, gas more under.

My brother is a carrier tech with 25 plus years experience, he's my go to on what to use and where to set things.
Dual fuel is the best of both worlds and I feel the most efficient, cost a little more up front but more comfortable and efficient especially with that 90% + furnace. I had a few customers that were totally oppossed to heat pumps so I talked them into dual fuel like yours and they love it.

View attachment 39859
I wouldn't be caught dead without something like this in the house. No power needed, will keep an average home in comfortable heat. Cheap. I tell people, if you have to use it one time in your life due to a power outage, it's paid for itself. Plus it will knock the edge off that huge electric bill when things get really cold.
Just bought one of these, blue flame/propane models. Have not unboxed it yet, maybe this weekend I'll get around to it. Been using the Little Buddy heater and it does pretty good for 9k BTU. I bet this 30k BTU will really heat things up!

I had a serious conversation with a salesman at a big box store last winter that was touting how great a specific (higher priced) electric heater was. He got thru, I told him,
'I don't care how great you think it is, the math don't lie and they're all the same. 1500 watts is still just 1500 watts and that converts to about 5100 BTU/hr. About the same as your wife's hair dryer"

All those little space heaters in the US are limited to 1500W because of circuit load regs in the NEC. Allowed draw is only 80% of the circuit capacity, which is supposed to be 15Amps. They're ok, if you're sitting right on top of it.

You can spend $200 for one or $35 for one and still just 1500W.

1500watts.jpg

I had a serious conversation with a salesman at a big box store last winter that was touting how great a specific (higher priced) electric heater was. He got thru, I told him,
'I don't care how great you think it is, the math don't lie and they're all the same. 1500 watts is still just 1500 watts and that converts to about 5100 BTU/hr. About the same as your wife's hair dryer"

All those little space heaters in the US are limited to 1500W because of circuit load regs in the NEC. Allowed draw is only 80% of the circuit capacity, which is supposed to be 15Amps. They're ok, if you're sitting right on top of it.

You can spend $200 for one or $35 for one and still just 1500W.

View attachment 39876
Exactly.

Latest posts