What is with people

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
I have heard people here and else where complain about people driving in the left lane. To an extent I get that. The freeway here has very little traffic. It is normal to have a quarter to a half mile between cars. And that is during the middle of the day. So on Thursday I was headed home from the sale. About 5:30 or so. Getting on towards dark but still somewhat light out. Headed down the east side of Ladd summit. Not a real steep grade but diffidently down hill. A car well ahead of me passes a semi. And he cuts the truck off. Nobody behind him in the left lane. Nobody in front of him for a mile or more. The truck has to hit his brakes and ride them the rest of the way down the hill. A couple of miles later he passes a pickup. Again no reason to get out of the left lane but jumps across in front of this guy too. Going up the hill at Baker City he slows so I pass him. A few miles later he passes me. And yep nearly takes off my front bumper. His plates went from Oregon or surrounding states. Red letters on a white plate. So well trained to not drive in the left lane that he is going to kill himself or someone else.

That would end up bad with the crowed I used to ride with.
Serious business cutting off a rider. Ball bearings, old parts, nuts, bolts, boot to the door as you get pushed off the road, whip across the hood, roof or trunk when you try to occupy the same space.
Dangerous on 2 wheels when your up against +4500lbs.
People on vacation in Florida were always preoccupied...
I have been hit 2 times.

Now I ride a tractor...

People can't drive anymore. My wife doesn't make it into town to run errands often and when she does I'm usually driving. Yesterday she was driving and pulled into a fast food drive through to get lunch. The line was really long and the lady in front of us was keeping at least 2 car lengths between her and the car in front of her. My wife finally blew a gasket and started honking for her to pull up so people could order. I kept telling her to calm down but she was worked up. We finally get out of there and pull up to the first stop light and lady in front of us leaves 3 car lengths between herself and car in front of her. All you can do is laugh these days.

I have heard people here and else where complain about people driving in the left lane. To an extent I get that. The freeway here has very little traffic. It is normal to have a quarter to a half mile between cars. And that is during the middle of the day. So on Thursday I was headed home from the sale. About 5:30 or so. Getting on towards dark but still somewhat light out. Headed down the east side of Ladd summit. Not a real steep grade but diffidently down hill. A car well ahead of me passes a semi. And he cuts the truck off. Nobody behind him in the left lane. Nobody in front of him for a mile or more. The truck has to hit his brakes and ride them the rest of the way down the hill. A couple of miles later he passes a pickup. Again no reason to get out of the left lane but jumps across in front of this guy too. Going up the hill at Baker City he slows so I pass him. A few miles later he passes me. And yep nearly takes off my front bumper. His plates went from Oregon or surrounding states. Red letters on a white plate. So well trained to not drive in the left lane that he is going to kill himself or someone else.
Probably an Albertan 😂

A couple who some relatives of the wife knew got killed near here a few years ago. The apparently forgot they were towing a trailer. They went to dart in front of a semi. Their trailer clipped the front of the semi which caused them to loose control right in front of the truck. The truck ran over them killing both of them.

Sounds like you had a brush with an Ohio resident. Hands down the most aggravating drivers. You will pass the same one a dozen times in 60 mi. and they will cut you off every time they pass you back. There must not be a car in the state that has cruise control. SMDH

I get a little chuckle when I drive to town sometimes. I usually drive the speed limit or even a little over. Then someone moving 90+ mph will blow by like I'm sitting still. Next thing you know, I'm pulling right up beside them at the first red light. We are both there at the same time and I probably burned less fuel to get there. I just look over and smile all the while thinking, "Way to go speed demon, you're making great time." lol

Did people drive in the right lane before you started driving ? :)
I think they drove in any lane they liked before I started driving. I did my army licence in old WW2 Studebaker 6x6 trucks that were left hand drive and don't recall I had much trouble with driving in the left lane with them nor with the gear stick being on the opposite side, the pedals were in the same order from what I can remember. Are your pedals clutch on the left, accelerator on the right?
We have had a couple of serious fatal accidents with backpackers around here, they do a lot of farm work to extend their visas around here and after a hard days work they forget what side of the road they drive on. Last year a group of 4 Korean girls pulled out onto the highway after a days work and started driving down the wrong side of the double highway and had a headon with a semi trailer at speed. Needless to say none survived. A bit hard to take for families when their children are supposed to be enjoying themselves. We have also lost some locals in this sort of accident too.

Ken

People can't drive anymore. My wife doesn't make it into town to run errands often and when she does I'm usually driving. Yesterday she was driving and pulled into a fast food drive through to get lunch. The line was really long and the lady in front of us was keeping at least 2 car lengths between her and the car in front of her. My wife finally blew a gasket and started honking for her to pull up so people could order. I kept telling her to calm down but she was worked up. We finally get out of there and pull up to the first stop light and lady in front of us leaves 3 car lengths between herself and car in front of her. All you can do is laugh these days.
You're worried about people that don't tailgate???

Sounds like you had a brush with an Ohio resident. Hands down the most aggravating drivers. You will pass the same one a dozen times in 60 mi. and they will cut you off every time they pass you back. There must not be a car in the state that has cruise control. SMDH
The thing about Ohio, the police will ticket you at the drop of a hat. That's why the Ohio drivers drive as they do. This past weekend I drove from Parkersburg, WV to Plainfield, IN. Those who know realize that meant going up route 33 to I-70. I-70 from Columbus to the Indy border I was keeping pace with 95% of the traffic. From the Indy border to Plainfield.......45% of the traffic about ran me over, about 15% I kept pace with and about 30% I about ran over while on I-70, and the quality of the pavement tanked when I crossed that border. I grew up in Indy, but haven't been in the state for 7 years. Been stomping around Ohio. Never realized how crazy the roads and traffic are in Indy until this past weekend.

I think they drove in any lane they liked before I started driving. I did my army licence in old WW2 Studebaker 6x6 trucks that were left hand drive and don't recall I had much trouble with driving in the left lane with them nor with the gear stick being on the opposite side, the pedals were in the same order from what I can remember. Are your pedals clutch on the left, accelerator on the right?
We have had a couple of serious fatal accidents with backpackers around here, they do a lot of farm work to extend their visas around here and after a hard days work they forget what side of the road they drive on. Last year a group of 4 Korean girls pulled out onto the highway after a days work and started driving down the wrong side of the double highway and had a headon with a semi trailer at speed. Needless to say none survived. A bit hard to take for families when their children are supposed to be enjoying themselves. We have also lost some locals in this sort of accident too.

Ken
Starting on left side we have clutch, brake and accelerator.

I get a little chuckle when I drive to town sometimes. I usually drive the speed limit or even a little over. Then someone moving 90+ mph will blow by like I'm sitting still. Next thing you know, I'm pulling right up beside them at the first red light. We are both there at the same time and I probably burned less fuel to get there. I just look over and smile all the while thinking, "Way to go speed demon, you're making great time." lol
I used to drag trailers a lot. Light turns red way up the road. Its time to let off the gas. Car flies by and runs up to the light to stop. I'm still coasting down. I get to the light doing about 40 still, its green, and I slide right past the car. Its time to accelerate just for good measure.

I used to drag trailers a lot. Light turns red way up the road. Its time to let off the gas. Car flies by and runs up to the light to stop. I'm still coasting down. I get to the light doing about 40 still, its green, and I slide right past the car. Its time to accelerate just for good measure.
Nope usually they are sitting there blocking the road reading their phone and I still have to stop even though the light has been green for a bit.🤬🤬 Oh and the ones that either pull out in front of you or pass you only to go a 1/4 mile up the road and come to almost complete stop in the road to turn. You should legally be allowed to shove their stupid butt in the ditch.

slow and STEADY wins the race.

When I used to drive truck it would infuriate me how people see me coming and think "Oh, don't want to get behind that truck" and pull out in front of me causing me to have to hit the brakes. Then more often than not they would actually just poke along blissfully unaware of the 50 tons of steel following behind them with way less stopping power than them.

I drive in the left lane all the time but then we drive on the opposite side of the road to what you do, I guess that makes a difference and exonerates me.

Ken
I go to Australia a lot. I never drive there, I'm afraid I'd panic at a round about and kill half the population

Latest posts