Unmistakable of Branded

Help Support CattleToday:

sim.-ang.king said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
sim.-ang.king said:
I raise mine in a cramped dirty feedlot, and I beat them with rebar. Isn't that how everyone does it?

Nope, in Kentucky we are only allowed to use old tobacco sticks.
I have been contemplating switching to hickory sticks, but don't know if I will get the same life span as rebar. If we had tobacco round here I'd sure give tobacco sticks a chance.

i like to torture mine in the chute...love the thrashing around or the sounds they make when you inject ,brand or tag em...

************* said:
Bright Raven said:
NEFarmwife said:
He thinks he raises cattle vastly different than the rest of us and that his cattle are superior to yours because he tells them they're pretty and spends daddy's money doing so...because he never got a college education and moved back home and needs to validate his worth.

He's the singular of stepbrothers.

That is hilarious. Thank you for the best laugh this week.

But Ron, she is SO SPOT ON!

What NEFarmWife doesn't realize is that I'm producing cattle like I have with sheer dumb luck.

I might have only have a 8th grade education, but in Kentucky that's not too shabby. That's what folks from out of state don't understand about us.

As for my own personal luck, I chose Angus because I like the color black, I choose my AI sires based on how glossy the ads look in the Angus Journal. It only made sense to me that the fancier the ad meant the fancier my calves would look. So far I've been darn lucky, cause my reasoning has worked.

I didn't pursue any education in life because my gut instincts, as I've explained above, have served me well. Why change what is working for me?

I don't even understand how AI really works, a friend of mine just sticks his hand up my cow's azzes when I see them playing with each other, you know, when they are trying to climb on top of each other, and much to my surprise babies pop out months later. It's all pretty amazing.

I don't know what kind of competition is going on here but her post is funnier than yours. :lol:

ALACOWMAN said:
Actually I think Branded is very bright...Just needs channeled.

For what my opinion is worth to anyone, A.C., your assessment is accurate based on the interactions I have shared with BH. Very intelligent. A pleasure to speak with and no where near as high strung as some have sumized him to be here on CT. He is quite articulate, hospitable and of course, passionate about his cattle. Again, for what its worth..
Sometimes, the perception we conjure of others on an internet forum, is inaccurate because of the limited info we actually have about the person. Sometimes we perceive them better than they may actually be and sometimes worse. I don't put much stock until I actually speak with them, and ideally, meet them in person. Until then, everyone gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

************* said:
Bright Raven said:
NEFarmwife said:
He thinks he raises cattle vastly different than the rest of us and that his cattle are superior to yours because he tells them they're pretty and spends daddy's money doing so...because he never got a college education and moved back home and needs to validate his worth.

He's the singular of stepbrothers.

That is hilarious. Thank you for the best laugh this week.

But Ron, she is SO SPOT ON!

What NEFarmWife doesn't realize is that I'm producing cattle like I have with sheer dumb luck.

I might have only have a 8th grade education, but in Kentucky that's not too shabby. That's what folks from out of state don't understand about us.

As for my own personal luck, I chose Angus because I like the color black, I choose my AI sires based on how glossy the ads look in the Angus Journal. It only made sense to me that the fancier the ad meant the fancier my calves would look. So far I've been darn lucky, cause my reasoning has worked.

I didn't pursue any education in life because my gut instincts, as I've explained above, have served me well. Why change what is working for me?

I don't even understand how AI really works, a friend of mine just sticks his hand up my cow's azzes when I see them playing with each other, you know, when they are trying to climb on top of each other, and much to my surprise babies pop out months later. It's all pretty amazing.
What I really enjoyed was 3rd grade. The best 4 years of my life in retrospect! :oops:

bball said:
ALACOWMAN said:

For what my opinion is worth to anyone, A.C., your assessment is accurate based on the interactions I have shared with BH. Very intelligent. A pleasure to speak with and no where near as high strung as some have sumized him to be here on CT. He is quite articulate, hospitable and of course, passionate about his cattle. Again, for what its worth..
Sometimes, the perception we conjure of others on an internet forum, is inaccurate because of the limited info we actually have about the person. Sometimes we perceive them better than they may actually be and sometimes worse. I don't put much stock until I actually speak with them, and ideally, meet them in person. Until then, everyone gets the benefit of the doubt from me.

Passionate or advertising?

Caustic Burno said:
bball said:
ALACOWMAN said:

Well, to that I dont know CB. Isnt anyone on here who posts pics or videos of quality animals at risk of adverstising? I have seen pics of your cows and told you I sure wished I lived closer to you because I would buy cattle from you in a NY second. I have seen a few others on here as well that I would buy cattle from based on pics or videos they posted. We both know there are some behind the scenes cattle deals made via CT; many start based from a pic.

I don't know about the advertising but I certainly believe in all sincerity that Branded is very passionate about his vocation. I also believe that he is dedicated to being a good Shepard.

bball said:
Caustic Burno said:
bball said:

Well, to that I dont know CB. Isnt anyone on here who posts pics or videos of quality animals at risk of adverstising? I have seen pics of your cows and told you I sure wished I lived closer to you because I would buy cattle from you in a NY second. I have seen a few others on here as well that I would buy cattle from based on pics or videos they posted. We both know there are some behind the scenes cattle deals made via CT; many start based from a pic.
Sorry, mine aren't for sale :p

bball said:
Caustic Burno said:
bball said:

IMO a lot of difference versus promoting good animal husbandry or a sales pitch.

bball said:
Caustic Burno said:
bball said:

B,

The country club has rules

Rule breakers are given the side eye

I post cattle pics and vids on here because it's a site called "Cattle Today" I thought this place was about cattle?

When I actually sell my cattle it's done via a private messenger on horseback carrying a wax sealed parchment, usually beginning with the message "Dear Sir or Madame"

I'd use that bull on my herd, but I'm sure he's priced above what I'd be willing to pay for him. We have good bulls available for very reasonable prices in Georgia.

Red Bull Breeder said:
At least your getting the conversation away from that weak bull that started this thread.

Good one.

I will post video of him at 24 months and you will be eating your words.

I know he only weaned at 823 and is only around 1700-1800 pounds at 16 months but I'm confident that he will grow some more. LOL! For God's sake he's at Branded, he cannot stay small for long, right?

He's no longer available for sale. I'm fortunate enough to keep him around just to see how he looks as a mature bull.

Big Wayne, who you have seen before on here didn't hold a candle to Unmistakable at 16 months and he's not exactly a lightweight right now. You all could be very wrong on this bull....or very right, who knows, only time will tell.

I don't feel too badly that most of you play the role of Doubting Thomas. The Confidence Plus son that ST Genetics bought recently was thrashed on CT even harder than Unmistakable was, and he sold for big $$$, and has a very bright future ahead of him.

There is something very satisfying about proving people wrong.

True Grit Farms said:
I'd use that bull on my herd, but I'm sure he's priced above what I'd be willing to pay for him. We have good bulls available for very reasonable prices in Georgia.

Thank you, I appreciate what you said

He was priced very reasonably for what he brought to the table.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
ALACOWMAN said:
That would make the situation worse wouldn't it? Buying it..

I think he bought the cow and she delivered the calf. I suppose he could have cut the little bugger but that didn't happen.

I wish I could get through to you all. But it's a lost cause.

If you knew anything about OCC Paxton 730P, you would want him in the bloodline.

Read about our Unmistakable's great grandsire.

http://www.blackgrove.com/epd.html?reg=14940735

Notice our Unmistakable's phenotype in comparison to Paxton as a mature bull.

You all will see how this unfolds. Unmistakable, folks. is just getting warmed up.

Latest posts