Unmistakable of Branded

Help Support CattleToday:

************* said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
ALACOWMAN said:
That would make the situation worse wouldn't it? Buying it..

I think he bought the cow and she delivered the calf. I suppose he could have cut the little bugger but that didn't happen.

I wish I could get through to you all. But it's a lost cause.

If you knew anything about OCC Paxton 730P, you would want him in the bloodline.

Read about our Unmistakable's great grandsire.

http://www.blackgrove.com/epd.html?reg=14940735

Notice our Unmistakable's phenotype in comparison to Paxton as a mature bull.

You all will see how this unfolds. Unmistakable, folks. is just getting warmed up.

Kind of funny you posted "If you knew anything about OCC Paxton, you would want him in the bloodline".....yet half this thread was devoted to docility. Paxton quite possibly is the worst in the breed for docility, Charlo not a whole lot better. I like the bulls SAV has put together out of this lineage.

I care less about how a bull looks than how his offspring look.. that's where the money is to a commercial producer.. Yes, a better looking bull will usually make better offspring, but feeding a bull to look good doesn't make is calves any better.

CreekAngus said:
************* said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
I think he bought the cow and she delivered the calf. I suppose he could have cut the little bugger but that didn't happen.

I wish I could get through to you all. But it's a lost cause.

If you knew anything about OCC Paxton 730P, you would want him in the bloodline.

Read about our Unmistakable's great grandsire.

http://www.blackgrove.com/epd.html?reg=14940735

Notice our Unmistakable's phenotype in comparison to Paxton as a mature bull.

You all will see how this unfolds. Unmistakable, folks. is just getting warmed up.

Kind of funny you posted "If you knew anything about OCC Paxton, you would want him in the bloodline".....yet half this thread was devoted to docility. Paxton quite possibly is the worst in the breed for docility, Charlo not a whole lot better. I like the bulls SAV has put together out of this lineage.

Should I post a video of this bull eating out of my hand and letting me rub his back? Or do you need more, like a video of me riding him?

Nesikep said:
I care less about how a bull looks than how his offspring look.. that's where the money is to a commercial producer.. Yes, a better looking bull will usually make better offspring, but feeding a bull to look good doesn't make is calves any better.

A poorly developed bull will usually struggle under heavy use.

I will have his offspring later this year, we can see how they look at that time.

Again, to commercial producers, fertility and milk should matter.

************* said:
Nesikep said:

I will have his offspring later this year, we can see how they look at that time.

There's a happy medium.. an overfed bull will also have issues. Murphy's law also states that if the neighbor has the scrawniest, ugliest thing with 1 nut left in the world, he's got no problem breaking your fence and successfully breeding your cows

************* said:
Nesikep said:

Milk is a major concern for me, any bull over 25 I have serious questions about using.

Nesikep said:
************* said:
Nesikep said:

There's a happy medium.. an overfed bull will also have issues. Murphy's law also states that if the neighbor has the scrawniest, ugliest thing with 1 nut left in the world, he's got no problem breaking your fence and successfully breeding your cows

Your on a roll Nesikep.

************* said:
Nesikep said:

A fat bull will have just as many problems as a thin bull. That's why bulls are developed, not fed.

sim.-ang.king said:
************* said:
Nesikep said:

A fat bull will have just as many problems as a thin bull. That's why bulls are developed, not fed.

Actually, research shows a fat bull will successfully breed fewer cows than a skinny bull...

sim.-ang.king said:
************* said:
Nesikep said:

Hector's not fat, he's not skinny, he's never had grain, just grass and mineral.. In a big hurry to go see a cow and ambling back to another.. That's about the condition he's in all year.
https://youtu.be/XpuD6h8-pU8

sim.-ang.king said:
************* said:
Nesikep said:

They should be developed and not overfed but sadly that isn't the case with most I see today. Especially with those selling yearlings. At least 80% of the bulls I've looked at have been overfed. 10% underfed and 10% properly fed.

bball said:
sim.-ang.king said:
************* said:

Actually, research shows a fat bull will successfully breed fewer cows than a skinny bull...

You want nuts, guts and butts on your bull.

Caustic Burno said:
bball said:
sim.-ang.king said:

Would this one qualify?

elkwc said:
sim.-ang.king said:
************* said:

They should be developed and not overfed but sadly that isn't the case with most I see today. Especially with those selling yearlings. At least 80% of the bulls I've looked at have been overfed. 10% underfed and 10% properly fed.

You know why?

It takes $$$$ to feed properly.

Corn gluten and cotton seed hulls, and a highly confined lot is not a great bull development plan.

southernultrablack said:
Caustic Burno said:
bball said:

Would this one qualify?

They sure don't look malnourished! LOL!

Be careful, CT will dock you points for having a bunk feeder in the photo. Your bulls should look like that on a few stubbles of grass, and fresh air according to the experts.

************* said:
southernultrablack said:
Caustic Burno said:

Would this one qualify?

Be careful, CT will dock you points for having a bunk feeder in the photo. Your bulls should look like that on a few stubbles of grass, and fresh air according to the experts.
I figured I might get flamed for the bunk.lol!
Sorry for the hijack.

southernultrablack said:
************* said:
southernultrablack said:
Would this one qualify?

Sorry for the hijack.

Your bull has azz to spare!

Be loud and proud of that one.

You have my respect!

southernultrablack said:
************* said:
southernultrablack said:
Would this one qualify?

Sorry for the hijack.

Nice bull. My compliments. That bunk only demonstrates that you have not found "This Magical Breed of Bovine". The ones that gain 4 ppd on BlackBerry briers, ironweed and sawdust. The ones that fight off sabre tooth tigers to save their calf. In fact, some of the owners of these magical bovines pay a premium for hay that tests under 5% protein so their cows are not spoiled.

Latest posts