Unmistakable of Branded

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleMan1920

Reaction score
Here is one of our Unmistakable bulls out of a McCumber Angus sire.

[image]291[/image]

He was born on 10/06/2017

Super docile, but gets the job done with a LOT of power. Not to mention, he is right kind for heifers. +12 CED, Top 3% for BW, top 15% DMI, I especially like the top 5% for heifer pregnancy, and top 10% for milk. We've used him on a few heifers recently and he settled them quickly.

Here is a video of him on Youtube

http://bit.ly/2L0Oi9f

here is a link to his AAA profile

http://bit.ly/2L0aAYH

You have posted some nice cattle pics on here but i don't like this one. He is completely out of balance and his stride is short. This is an area where numbers might be great but he isn't going to do you any favours. Just my opinion.

I actually thought he walked well, but agree he is not a balanced bull. He "looks" like a CE Angus bull - no butt - well, only got a side view and his rump muscle does not come down into the rear legs, making him look like he is lacking rear muscling.

Got some of the best Angus cattle in the country not far away from you in Nancy.

I've read your comments, can't say I agree with them. This bull came out of two top Angus operations, McCumber and Stone Gate. So you are basically saying what you think of them.

I will get you all a rear view, he is not lacking in muscle.

I have a second Unmistakable bull, he's almost a carbon copy.

They both have length to spare and plenty of room to grow.

https://www.purebeefgenetics.com/sires/angus/occ-unmistakable-946u/

BH, I think everyone is used to you showing mature well conditioned bulls and cows. From my calculations he is only 18 mths of age and is in working condition. He does seem to have a lot of length, he looks like growth in the front has to catch up with the rear end. He does seem to get along well, prowls like a cat.

Ken

It is fun to post videos and pictures on CT but as we all know, if you are serious about evaluating an animal, you need to see it on the ground. The video of this bull reveals some weaknesses, that in a live viewing my not be a concern.

He looks better in the video than the picture. Maybe with him looking like a GAR bull he'll be tender, have a nice ribeye and marble well. Branded we're hard to please, but I'm sure you've figured that out.

True Grit Farms said:
He looks better in the video than the picture. Maybe with him looking like a GAR bull he'll be tender, have a nice ribeye and marble well. Branded we're hard to please, but I'm sure you've figured that out.

"Impossible to please" would be a more accurate assessment.

Yes but i am not happy with 70% of my own cattle. You have to call it as you see it. I'm not saying your cattle are crap unlike my superior animals. I would love to have cattle like a lot of the ones posted on here.

did you just take that pic? shouldn't your grass be growing a lot better then that by now?

wbvs58 said:
BH, I think everyone is used to you showing mature well conditioned bulls and cows. From my calculations he is only 18 mths of age and is in working condition. He does seem to have a lot of length, he looks like growth in the front has to catch up with the rear end. He does seem to get along well, prowls like a cat.

Ken

Very true Ken. We have grown accustomed to seeing exceptional cattle from BH, so when he posts what many would deem an average bull (phenotypically), it makes for some conversation.

************* said:
CreekAngus said:
Looks like one of them GAR Bulls. No thank you!

I didn't know GAR weaned 800+ pound bulls?

Typically they don't, but Prophet surely did (I actually kind of like that Bextor phenotype) and GAR isn't known for weaning late, feeding or creep. Their bulls are range ready and known for carcass. I used to really like what they produced, Predestined, Retail Product and Precision, 1680 wiped out half my herd in 2008. It seems with each generation the phenotype is going towards a lack of capacity. But I cant dig on them too hard, they make a lot of money doing what they do and a lot of folks like what they are doing. Back to your comment, yes they produce bulls that wean over 800lbs. I'm still a believer if you wean 700lbs at 205, you got a good one and I'm not talking adjusted, because you left him on mama for 10 months.

************* said:
I've read your comments, can't say I agree with them. This bull came out of two top Angus operations, McCumber and Stone Gate. So you are basically saying what you think of them.

I will get you all a rear view, he is not lacking in muscle.

I have a second Unmistakable bull, he's almost a carbon copy.

They both have length to spare and plenty of room to grow.

https://www.purebeefgenetics.com/sires/angus/occ-unmistakable-946u/

Any comment I made about your bull has zero inference to McCumber or Stone Gate, it's your bull, comment was directed at your bull not their operations. I have no idea who McCumber or Stone Gate is, not in my neighborhood. And you posted a link to OCC Unmistakable, but you don't have a son of that bull, you have a Grandson of Unmistakable and Stevenson In Focus (never heard of him). Your bull is unbalanced, it is what it is, maybe he will grow into something better than that. And if you think he's the real deal throw him into a consignment sale and prove us all wrong.

True Grit Farms said:

No doubt on that one, LOL!

cowrancher75 said:
did you just take that pic? shouldn't your grass be growing a lot better then that by now?

He was on a lot close to the barn that was beat up pretty hard over the winter, it has been seeded, and within a month will be pretty thick if history serves me correctly.

Latest posts