First one of the year

Help Support CattleToday:

No Holsteins. Charlaois momma. Just figured I would post a picture as I have never personally seen this color scheme.

Rodeo bull? Longhorn in his background?
No rodeo bull. He is a big pet. I got him from my great uncle almost 3 years ago. My grandfather told me he thought he had some shorthorn in him. Other than that I have no idea. I know he is a gentle bull and his offspring grow off well. For what I gave for him for a first bull I couldn't pass up the deal

No rodeo bull. He is a big pet. I got him from my great uncle almost 3 years ago. My grandfather told me he thought he had some shorthorn in him. Other than that I have no idea. I know he is a gentle bull and his offspring grow off well. For what I gave for him for a first bull I couldn't pass up the deal
Then it might be the shorthorn that throws that color in the calf.

Of course, I know nothing about the actual genetics of the cow. But I believe 80's era traditional yellow and white diluted simmental cows bred to a black bull could produce cattle that look like that cow with that gray and white pattern. Looks like the vulva might be black in the picture. Maybe black feet, but not clear in the picture. Big udder as well.

Then it might be the shorthorn that throws that color in the calf.
Very possible. Bull is solid black but has thrown black, reddish/brown and now a white. Almost all of his calf's have a small white patch somewhere on their body.