Angus Bulls of the Past Videos I Can Find

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I saved most all of my semen catalogs from 2006 and on. I thinking of how great they were. I found this first bull from 2009 and they have a video of him. Although his legs are short, he can get his legs up underneath him as far as his legs will extend. Even with his short legs and extremely long body, I would use this bull today. I know the numbers are not the same, but I feel that if that bull were thrown into today's way of measuring and how the numbers have changed, many of them would show better EPD's. Just my thoughts. I would like to see him with a higher scrotal number.
JVC Emulation EXT V910. Say what you may say about EXT, but he was a SUPER BULL. Some said he had an attitude problem, but so did many others and I had two heifers out of the meanest bull I had witnessed, rattling the welded fence corral he was in and shaking the cables. He also was nasty enough when he entered his stall that I left as I was afraid he would try to bust up the walls. I was not scared of him, but there was no sense in upsetting him more. Both heifers I purchased out of that bull were mild and meek. Any bulls or cows that I had that were related to EXT, had no aggression.
The meanest cow I had was out of SA Neutron, and she would hurt herself to hurt you. She threw me up against the wall of the barn and I was airborne. I hit the side of the barn, and slid down, but was not hurt at all. But was thinking of how fast the cow did that, and how it was all a blur. She had thrown a fit in the chute and lunged forward to jump out of the head gate, and got hung. I was there by myself and had to figure out how to get her out as it was not a head gate escape, and hinged at the base. I had to keep placing concrete blocks at the front for her to get traction on to pull herself out of that situation. She did everything she could to hook me again as I was placing and rolling the blocks in a stack. I had put her in the chute to give her a shot, and she always fought like a wild buffalo. I finally got enough blocks so her front legs could pull herself up to come out of the chute. She died when she was 15 years old None of her heifers had her attitude. She was the very first registered heifer I ever bought to start the herd. She gave me some real nice heifers.

Here is a video of JVC Emulation EXT V910 I see that they have semen for sale on this bull at bullbarn.com

Compared to the new bulls the powerhouses of yesteryear don't look that great on paper but if you look at what their progeny has done they're still pretty impressive.

We still use some SAV Bismarck and Woodhill Foresight.
We've got one donor that I would love to flush to Net Worth just once.

Nice enough bull. The disposition sort on EXT was real. It's not some fairy tail. The Ideal 1418 on the bottom side of that bulls pedigree left some useful progeny. Most bulls like the one you have found won't sire the consistency that I prefer.

EXT left some useful progeny like Leachman Right Time. In the end Right Time was the far better bull.

Not just numerically but just more useable overall. I don't know anyone that wants a whole herd of ext daughters but know a lot of cattle people that would love a whole herd of Right Time daughters.

Some of the bulls were just great at making heifers and cows. They seem to always spit them out one after another.

I would not doubt that EXT could have been mean, but, they don't always pass it down is where I was going with it. I would chance it as he threw so many good offspring. Now I would not be happy if I had a bull that wanted to kill me when I went in the pasture.

My husband had a cow that would come to you, angry to run you out of the pasture when I started dating him. His whole family was terrified of that cow. He called her Popeye, beause her eyes seem to protrude a bit more like a mouse eye. I told him that she may run them out of the pasture, but if they would reverse being the lead cow to the person that is walking out in the pasture, she would stop that. They thought I was nuts, and I walked out there with a huge thick stick and got to her, and threw it at her and hit her in the side and picked up another stick and continued to show her that I was lead cow. Each time I went in the pasture for a good while, I found her first and made her move and always move away from me or I would throw a heavy stick at her. She never moved on me after that. Not sure if she did on the others as I think they were just terrified of her and that was that. But she would dive at them when I first watched. She had everyone's number.

Never had a bull that acted that way. I guess I would just have to try and see if I could bluff him too. Might need a big stick to throw and a pellet pistol not pumped too high to penetrate, just to sting him. That would not be funny if he did not give right of way. Ha-ha!! I am sure that race would be hard on the heart.

I also love Saugahatchee 3000c. His numbers were not good. But his structure looked great. I wonder how he walked as I never saw a video of him. The semen was at $150 in and around 2005 or 6. That bull weighed 2400 lbs.

Videos are often so hard to find. They often don't make them as I think they feel it will hurt the sales.

I am seeing so many short legged bulls like this bull, and many people say, they want small animals. I had a man come look at bulls one time and he said he did not like the longer legged bulls. That is what I like.

I say I would use this bull if I am in search of that short legged bull. I think this one is clean. But I actually like a bit shorter body now with the longer legs. Give me those longer legs please!! The longer body seems to give to more things that are not sound. But a real short bodied cow, I think of all the room she has to make for the calf and her roughage capacity. Some length on my cows. But not a weenie cow. Sort of like the Cat/Dog cartoon they used to have. That was just crazy.
Here is a cow I had and when she was born, she had a bent ear down ear, and was the first one I ever saw like that. None of her calves had it and I suppose it was just a freak thing that happened. But she had some good thick calves. She is about as long as I want one if she carries the thickness from Heartgirth to flank with some leg length. This cow was a 1.1 frame. Her name was Weeone.

6F6FFD63-0B15-4F0F-A49B-3189AA874AEE_1_105_c.jpeg

I said videos in the beginning, but I have a few bulls from Sydenstrickers in Mexico Missouri that I thought were awsome bulls. Only pictures and I cannot find a picture of him anywhere now. Other than the one I took. My favorite was Spur Success. He made a great cow. The cows had great bulls. This picture was made during the rain early morning.
Spur Success 2801AAA 14327307

B01EA589-BC06-4E23-97B4-1C5F982B35E3_1_105_c.jpeg

Another Sydenstricker bull was Sydgen Ally. He had an attitude problem but he gave me the best cow I ever had and then another great cow. He had one of the highest scrotal marks back then. A 2.53 circumference in 2004 was awsome. It meant more fertile bulls and heifers to come. I caught him on the other end of his run close to the barn, but he is turning around to come run me off. I did not want to upset him again, so getting a good side view of him was impossible. He was nice, but his attitude was over the top.
SydGen AllyAAA +14104725

E49C98B6-A993-4DC6-9DE7-802352184DC0_1_105_c.jpeg

Then Sydgen Directive at the Sydenstricker Farm. He was a whale. They show his frame lower than what his size was. But I was standing next to him, and he was lower on the ground and I was on a gravel drive, and my head was with the top rail and I was 5'2" at the time. (Shrunk an inch somewhere along the line) So that bull was well over 5 feet tall at his neck. He was a beauty and kind. I never had a heifer or cow out of him. Seems I went more by conformation at the time as when I was new to the Angus breed, it took me a little while to understand the EPD's. But there were some marks I knew were important. Learning the EPD's is sort of a journey. You start with what is important, and then start investigating each category slowly to see what you may be leaving behind. Then it all comes together.
Calved 3/18/2000 • AAA #13574137 S A F Directive 3 pictures below...
346A4B1C-1DB6-419F-806E-F6E972E08F36_1_105_c.jpeg
72A2F007-F147-4C00-AA8A-7FC083F90A45_1_105_c.jpeg

31E72470-FA5E-43D4-82A2-BF19F191BD6B_1_105_c.jpeg

I would love to have a few calves out of EXT right now. EXT proved to be a super producer. I had a great bull that was a Right Time grandson, but felt his dam had a great deal to do with his makeup. Leachman Boomtime also was a great cow producer. The great past bulls that were super producers are what helped to form the cattle we have today.

I would love to have a few calves out of EXT right now. EXT proved to be a super producer. I had a great bull that was a Right Time grandson, but felt his dam had a great deal to do with his makeup. Leachman Boomtime also was a great cow producer. The great past bulls that were super producers are what helped to form the cattle we have today.
You can still buy EXT as he is listed on SEK genetics website for 150/ straw. Better options in my opinion.

"Never had a bull that acted that way. I guess I would just have to try and see if I could bluff him too. Might need a big stick to throw and a pellet pistol not pumped too high to penetrate, just to sting him. That would not be funny if he did not give right of way. Ha-ha!! I am sure that race would be hard on the heart."

A great epitaph for the tombstone: "see if I could bluff him"
R.I.P.

"Never had a bull that acted that way. I guess I would just have to try and see if I could bluff him too. Might need a big stick to throw and a pellet pistol not pumped too high to penetrate, just to sting him. That would not be funny if he did not give right of way. Ha-ha!! I am sure that race would be hard on the heart."

A great epitaph for the tombstone: "see if I could bluff him"
R.I.P.
Our running joke at the sale barn was "you just have to stand your ground "

Yealing and two year olds can usually be put back in their place. But once they figure out what they're capable of it's usually a lost cause.

We BSE'd 27 bulls last Tuesday. The worst one was a three year old who is kitten quite. He wasn't mean, he'd just close his eyes and walk through you if you let him.