Mineral I could find

Help Support CattleToday:

tcolvin

Reaction score
I have several emails out to different sources and to the vita firm firm makers to find me a dealer near me. Meanwhile I'm waiting on my vet (on vacation ) to call me when he gets back. I found some by Nutrina for cattle at Tractor Supply. I've enclosed some label info attached. I figure some loose mineral is better than no loose mineral. I have stop the protein tubs.

Attachments

• 1EF51B1A-278E-4266-A28B-DC7953FE50A5.jpeg
    1EF51B1A-278E-4266-A28B-DC7953FE50A5.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 7
  • A04D20CB-1B15-410A-B1C3-A095F4D05F5F.jpeg
    A04D20CB-1B15-410A-B1C3-A095F4D05F5F.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 7
I have several emails out to different sources and to the vita firm firm makers to find me a dealer near me. Meanwhile I'm waiting on my vet (on vacation ) to call me when he gets back. I found some by Nutrina for cattle at Tractor Supply. I've enclosed some label info attached. I figure some loose mineral is better than no loose mineral. I have stop the protein tubs.
3E641AF5-792C-4D6B-BD33-5E5A4867B41A.jpeg

Well that's all great...

AFTER you determine IF you need any of it.

Have you asked a local vet about deficiencies in your area?
Waiting on his return from vacation. I just figured to go ahead with a bag and get them some loose mineral as they haven't had it in a while. Thanks

I agree - anything is better than nothing. But, depending on the ingredients, it could be a waste of money. The label tells you how much of the generic name is in the mix, but doesn't tell you what kind it is. Like whether it is organic or oxide or ?? - I am NOT savvy to what is good and what isn't. And what antagonizes or doesn't.

I don't know what your requirements are, but, I compared your label to ConceptAid.
Lot of differences. Yours has more salt and more Calcium, but lots less in everything else or none at all.
Another really good mineral is Vigortone - I used to feed that brand, but switched to VitaFerm.

The vita firm is what I'm trying to locate a dealer on so I can get a mineral analysis off the label to show my vet. As soon as he is back in I'll find out from him. In the mean time Tractor Supply suggested Purina in red and white bag but when I went to look at it they where out. So they told me that this was their best seller so I bought a bag. When I saw the price I told them the reason it was their best seller was because of the low price. It was $25 cheaper than the wind and rain. They had wind and rain mineral but I used that for over 3 years but couldn't really tell it was doing anything for them. Vet should be back after the first of year.

Go here to find your nearest dealer. Baxley, Tifton, and Perry have dealers.

Tractor Supply is very expensive for Wind and Rain minerals. Here, a local independent feed store is less than half of the TSC price for wind and rain. Wind&Rain hi-mag is $29 at the independent feed store here.

I buy my minerals by the pallet from WB Fleming Co in Tifton Ga . They do custom mixes but they may also carry name brand also .229-382-7821

I buy my minerals by the pallet from WB Fleming Co in Tifton Ga . They do custom mixes but they may also carry name brand also .229-382-7821
Co.op has a Scottsboro mineral, mixed for our area..cows wear it out..have to water it down with trace mineral to slow consumption

Depending on cost, you may be paying a lot of money for the 26% salt included. I prefer to buy the salt separately and mix it myself.

I agree - anything is better than nothing. But, depending on the ingredients, it could be a waste of money. The label tells you how much of the generic name is in the mix, but doesn't tell you what kind it is. Like whether it is organic or oxide or ?? - I am NOT savvy to what is good and what isn't. And what antagonizes or doesn't.

I don't know what your requirements are, but, I compared your label to ConceptAid.
Lot of differences. Yours has more salt and more Calcium, but lots less in everything else or none at all.
Another really good mineral is Vigortone - I used to feed that brand, but switched to VitaFerm.
If you are going for a "shotgun" approach to addressing your mineral deficiencies (specific identification of the problem is way better in my book), give serious consideration to what @Jeanne - Simme Valley is saying. Having more mineral of most all ingredients is much more likely to address your problem, which you haven't specifically identified yet, than a supplement that is heavy on one or two minerals and lacking in its ability to address many other potential deficiencies, any one of which you may, or may not, have.

Latest posts