Mineral feeders

Help Support CattleToday:

Since I'm just a 2 cow dairy operation in the PNW I offer Purina Wind and Rain high mag in a bucket in the barn breezway because it rains so much. My yellowish salt block in this counrty is selenium salt.

Thanks, I got the idea now. I also looked at some on line someone suggested. A lot of good ideas. I like his one also as it will keep the mineral dry.

My husband had one of this type of mineral feeder and the bull got his head stuck in it and was riled up and unable to see. The vet him give the bull a sedative shot on a stick so he would relax and allow the feeder to be removed from his head.
16480_B.jpg

My husband had one of this type of mineral feeder and the bull got his head stuck in it and was riled up and unable to see. The vet him give the bull a sedative shot on a stick so he would relax and allow the feeder to be removed from his head.
View attachment 38859
1704088695007.png
Remember this photo?

I use this one from Century and works great.

How much $

View attachment 38644Not mine but similar. You can make it as big or small as you want . Plus I like building things like this .
My cows would flip this over.
I used the hanging barrels for YEARS. Love them. If you have trees, you can have 1 in every paddock. Super cheap. Offset the hanging bracket so that the HOLE is tipped down. Wind will turn the barrel so rain doesn't get in. Never had a problem with wet mineral.
Presently use the black rubber top over a 3 compartment plastic bottom. Friend I was buying mineral from sold me some cheap.

Latest posts