Queens of the South

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess he is out of a brahman/Hereford cross cow. Quite possibly the one he is pictured alongside of.
That is what queens of the south are.
They are F-1 Brahman Hereford and bring a higher premium than any other.
Your looking at a cow that will produce into her twenties.

That calf would sell great anywhere. What is he out of?
Thank you. I would say they would definitely be the gold standard for the herd. It took some work to keep that much Brahman with a clean look like that. It's not some thing you can just get off the shelf, generally.

A black Angus bull. Not sure if it is this exact bull but one real simular.

20221209_165913.jpg

Here is another pic. If you look in the background you can see another steer that is not near as clean. I wish I could see its tag. We are about to sell calves there and we could look at the price difference.

The blue tag my sons commercial heifer alternate, another home raised F1. She should be calving first of the year.

The 1107 heifer to her right will probably get a good look over in the pen. It's tough, with prices like this, to keep much unless you just can't live without them.

Need to talk to my chute help about those tags. Messing with my ocd. 😄

20230523_191500.jpg

Thank you. I would say they would definitely be the gold standard for the herd. It took some work to keep that much Brahman with a clean look like that. It's not some thing you can just get off the shelf, generally.

A black Angus bull. Not sure if it is this exact bull but one real simular.

View attachment 36178
Thats a stout bull. I can see why the calves look good.

Are the F1s polled or you dehorning? You using a polled Hereford bull?
Horned bulls. Mostly horned F1s although some arent because of polled Brahma mommas. If you zoom up on the two cows in the background of that one pick you can see my botched dehorning jobs.😄 I don't have the heart to do it right.

20210515_182545.jpg

Latest posts