Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep":199dr0p8 said:
Since we time travelled a backward a little here on CT, I gotta repost this
Hector has been a busy boy
[youtube]https://youtu.be/XpuD6h8-pU8[/youtube]

What's the breeding on the chromed up calf and cow?

I really like them. You have some great looking cattle.

Wouldn't let me edit - errr.
Anyway, correction. I should not have said "unless". Pounds do make me money. 90% of my bull calf crop is sold by the pound as steers, so that definitely affects my income!! And, if my females & bulls were dinks, they wouldn't make me money either.

Here is the market report in my area. What weight should I sell steers at ? Cost and time vs return ?

kentuckyguy":3d4p0yhk said:
Nesikep":3d4p0yhk said:
Since we time travelled a backward a little here on CT, I gotta repost this
Hector has been a busy boy
[youtube]https://youtu.be/XpuD6h8-pU8[/youtube]

What's the breeding on the chromed up calf and cow?

I really like them. You have some great looking cattle.
The white/roan cow is Shorthorn Saler, Red Angus, Hereford or something

The chromed up steer is a really nice guy.. 1/4 Gelbvieh, 3/8th Shorthorn, some Saler and Hereford too
Bull is Gelbvieh/Shorthorn/Hereford, most of the calves are sired by a similarly bred bull but with a little Saler in there as well

They're mutts, but I like them

Jeanne - Simme Valley":265agh1i said:
TennesseeTuxedo":265agh1i said:
Lrj505":265agh1i said:
I catch what your saying. I think genetics makes more money than beef. Maybe I should re think this

Pounds make money.
Unless you are in a purebred operation, selling seed stock.

If your genetics aren't putting the pounds on my calves I'm not making money.

TennesseeTuxedo":2gqgpp3a said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":2gqgpp3a said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2gqgpp3a said:
Pounds make money.
Unless you are in a purebred operation, selling seed stock.

If your genetics aren't putting the pounds on my calves I'm not making money.
Totally agree (see my 2nd post).

Not good , especially as big as he is.. Wide between the toes and curling in at the tip.. ""Scissor foot ""nothing I'd want to incorporate in replacements but if he has good heels they might wear evenly...

Got the SimAngus bull out with the cows. He's got 6 bred that we know of but I think there are more..

Jeanne this is a small section they are walking through to get to a bigger pasture. The lumps are all "ankle breakers". When the ground is too wet and the cattle walk through it it makes deep ankle breakers... That's about 60 years worth of them lol.

It's solid ankle breakers all around the pond... They usually work around them but we have so much grass this year they have been spending a lot of time in them.. It also helps with flys on their legs...

holm25":31qu6ezj said:
Jeanne this is a small section they are walking through to get to a bigger pasture. The lumps are all "ankle breakers". When the ground is too wet and the cattle walk through it it makes deep ankle breakers... That's about 60 years worth of them lol.
I recognized "the look", LOL, I have my fair share!

Latest posts