Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley":13myberz said:
Farmer - It wasn't as much the fact that they were bulls, as much as the QUALITY of the bulls that surprised me you were butchering them. They really did look good.
Crossbred bulls have no value here, except for being a meat. You can't show a crossbred bull as a farther of the calf. So those calves, which we got from a crossbred bull years ago has an unknown written in their sire section. Had some thoughts about using the red one for some cows in place of our pure limo and registering all calves sired by the limo, but the red has a risk to produce some big, heavily muscled calves at birth, so stayed away from this thought. All hopes given to the AI calves next year, that they'll be better quality.

Sold another bull for butchering. 15months old 7/8Limo. Had an idea to put him with heifers, but stayed with AI this time. Have three full sisters and one half sister in the herd. Mom is raising a bull calf this year by another sire.
DSCF3023_1.jpg

DSCF3025_1.jpg
The 2nd from the right.
DSCF3075.jpg
Half brother.

Dogs and Cows":d4rblzp6 said:
artesianspringsfarm":d4rblzp6 said:
2.5 yr old Angus bull. Older genetics but I like the calves I have on the ground already.

https://youtu.be/E49MKuKymEU

So do you like the Wye genetics? Are you running him on commercial cattle or Wye females? What types of weaning weights are you getting? I like the Wye line of cattle. Thanks,

Tim

Tim, running him on both commercial and registered but mostly registered. He is my first straight bred Wye bull but the calves are very solid and carrying good meat on their frames already. They should wean 550+ which is about all I ask for. He will knock some frame off my bigger cows for sure but is not a pud. The real reason he is here wont be assessed for another 4-5 years but the heifer calves give me every indication of being the right type. Time will tell.

artesianspringsfarm":zsurumcq said:
Dogs and Cows":zsurumcq said:
artesianspringsfarm":zsurumcq said:
2.5 yr old Angus bull. Older genetics but I like the calves I have on the ground already.

https://youtu.be/E49MKuKymEU

So do you like the Wye genetics? Are you running him on commercial cattle or Wye females? What types of weaning weights are you getting? I like the Wye line of cattle. Thanks,

Tim

Tim, running him on both commercial and registered but mostly registered. He is my first straight bred Wye bull but the calves are very solid and carrying good meat on their frames already. They should wean 550+ which is about all I ask for. He will knock some frame off my bigger cows for sure but is not a pud. The real reason he is here wont be assessed for another 4-5 years but the heifer calves give me every indication of being the right type. Time will tell.
That's the thing about this business ""time""for me it Seem by the time I make it to where I want to be ..my ""time""will be up..

Supa Dexta":3rfp3pnv said:
Couple more of my guys. 2 yr olds. Home raised sim and a local AI angus.

20180912_170104.jpg

20180913_192148.jpg

They're both awesome but gosh I like that sim bull!

Yeah he's alright. But he's a roarer, which I hope he grows out of. He's been thinking he's tough stuff this summer, and I haven't sent a big guy in to put him in his place yet.

Thanks all

NonTypicalCPA":vgc8g2il said:
I think Supa's got some sort of bull stretching machine he's keeping a tight lip on.
He got it from a medieval torture chamber

Latest posts