Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":1y7ktxeq said:
Dogs and Cows":1y7ktxeq said:
Here are a couple of pictures of my bull. Not the best pictures, but I try. He will be 3 in May. I have not fed anything other than hay, grass, minerals. I need this fella to last me a few years so I didn't push him. He is producing calves that wean around 550 lbs which is good for my area. Small steps and progression in my production. Let me know what you think...good bad otherwise...thanks all!

Tim

He looks like a solid , easy fleshing bull.
He must be easy fleshing there's no grass there and he's still nice and fat!

He's all front end this guy. ha

0fe16e99-adcb-41cf-81a7-769db7f9a2b4.jpg

Since we time travelled a backward a little here on CT, I gotta repost this
Hector has been a busy boy
[youtube]https://youtu.be/XpuD6h8-pU8[/youtube]

Took some pictures of our fall bulls. I think they are coming along nicely!

This is an October Optimizer x Shear Force cow;
2cwwutl.jpg

This is a HPF Optimizer x Upgrade cow, late September born;
2dsjvdf.jpg

Here is Ron's Iron Hide x Rocking P cow in the front, and the Sept Optimizer x Summer Sister bull we have shown twice, both times Reserve Champ Simm bull. He weighs close to 1100 now! He would pass a BSE with no problems at this point!
fuq59e.jpg

These are both Optimizers; the one in front grazing is October born
2efm1ap.jpg

This is a late October Upperclass x Zsa zsa, so flush brother to the heifer that has been winning for our daughter
atov86.jpg

We have a few more, but I did not get pictures. It was such a nice morning, and the boys looked good, so I took my phone out to take a few.

Kris: just some info on my bull:
Here is Ron's Iron Hide x Rocking P cow in the front.
fuq59e.jpg

DOB: 9/15/2017
Birth Weight 93 lbs
Weaning weight 7 months, If I remember, we weighted him the next day after 11 hours of hauling - 772 lbs.

Nesikep":14luwyln said:
Since we time travelled a backward a little here on CT, I gotta repost this
Hector has been a busy boy
[youtube]https://youtu.be/XpuD6h8-pU8[/youtube]

Thanks for posting. I like Hector. Nice bull.

Bright Raven":uyf33fq0 said:
fuq59e.jpg

Birth Weight 93 lbs
Weaning weight 7 months, If I remember, we weighted him the next day after 11 hours of hauling - 772 lbs.
Those are some impressive gains Ron.

sstterry":26pwpz1q said:
Bright Raven":26pwpz1q said:
fuq59e.jpg

Birth Weight 93 lbs

Thank you. I do creep feed my calves. Starting at about a month old, they start sampling the feed. At 2 months old, they are eating enough to be a supplement to the milk. My male calves average about 100 pounds per month. At 8 months old, they average about 800 pounds based on market weights and weights at Fire Sweep. My cows lean a bit toward the big end. Probably average about 1500 pounds mature.

Bright Raven":299cbcah said:
sstterry":299cbcah said:
Bright Raven":299cbcah said:
fuq59e.jpg

Birth Weight 93 lbs

Thank you. I do creep feed my calves. Starting at about a month old, they start sampling the feed. At 2 months old, they are eating enough to be a supplement to the milk. My male calves average about 100 pounds per month. At 8 months old, they average about 800 pounds based on market weights and weights at Fire Sweep. My cows lean a bit toward the big end. Probably average about 1500 pounds mature.
I think 1500 lbs is when they're hungry!

I snapped this picture the other day of my NBAR Hamley son, JFCC Silverado. I really like the way he is maturing and carried more than enough condition through winter on hay only. I only wish his chest floor was a bit higher.

Boot Jack Bulls":1ko94r6z said:
I snapped this picture the other day of my NBAR Hamley son, JFCC Silverado. I really like the way he is maturing and carried more than enough condition through winter on hay only. I only wish his chest floor was a bit higher.

Why do you say you wish his chest floor a bit higher? He seems to have plenty of air under him and that would reduce his depth.

Ken

Ken, he's actually a bit heavy in his brisket considering he is only a frame 5.5 bull. It doesn't show in this picture, but his is a touch front heavy for my taste. I personally don't like a bull with a brisket between his knees, no matter the age. I prefer natural depth of rib and muscle carried low on the gaskins and fore arm. I love this bull, and his calves are phenomenal, but his brisket is the one area I would change him.

Lrj505":1pqbw1zv said:
Needed a bull. Got him for $1,500. What do you guys think ? 2 year old.

Nice bull.

Here is some worthless advice. The cattle business is at the point where there is so much Angus that the majority of the US herd will grade Choice.

So everybody has the same cattle. The future is about raising proven GENETICS that will grade Prime with Yield Grade 3. If you are just raising cattle you can't beat a $1500 bull as long as he gets the job done. If you are raising GENETICS then we can't tell you much about the bull. For all we know he could be taking you further away from where you need to go.

The trick is taking the proven genetics and culling ruthlessly until you get a herd that works in your situation.

I catch what your saying. I think genetics makes more money than beef. Maybe I should re think this

Latest posts