Show your bull(s) - Put a pic up

Help Support CattleToday:

3waycross":31iach0n said:
This years herd bull. I bought him from McClatchey cattle (Palisade Neb) company last summer as a pair with his dam. He's not perfect but he's very good and his EPD's are so good across the board that they look like outliers. I am especially happy that he PAP'd a 36 at 8000'.]\

Nice and blocky...

Thanks Alacowman I think he's gonna be a bruiser. He's definitely an anomly in the sense that Outstanding carcass traits are almost always antagonistic to good PAP scores and he has both in spades. I plan to PAP him a second time in about a month and then again when he is 2. If his score holds up then he is something very special.

Honest comments about the bull I've posted please. He will be 3 next month. He's an AI bull off of the Judd Ranch up in Kansas. Looking to keep a couple bull calves from this year's fall herd. Added a pic of his fall kiddos. Y'all have a good day!

Coosh71":38hf0ctr said:

Honest comments about the bull I've posted please. He will be 3 next month. He's an AI bull off of the Judd Ranch up in Kansas. Looking to keep a couple bull calves from this year's fall herd. Added a pic of his fall kiddos. Y'all have a good day!

He looks like a decent Red Gelbvieh bull to me. Beyond that it's hard to evaluate him from that pose. I sure don't see any glaring flaws. BTW nice calf crop. Very uniform

Coosh71":3ekgl9r9 said:

Nice looking gelvieh bull. I'm using a young one for a clean up bull that looks pretty close to him.

Keeping a bull for one cow? That doesn't seem very cost effective! And what is the cow going to do while you're waiting for the bull to grow?

Dogs and Cows":2udhczxh said:
Here are a couple of pictures of my bull. Not the best pictures, but I try. He will be 3 in May. I have not fed anything other than hay, grass, minerals. I need this fella to last me a few years so I didn't push him. He is producing calves that wean around 550 lbs which is good for my area. Small steps and progression in my production. Let me know what you think...good bad otherwise...thanks all!

Tim

He looks like a solid , easy fleshing bull.

Latest posts