Votes: 8 10.4%
  • 6) Well Done

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • 7) I don't eat steak.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
melking":22lhdb9v said:
I had a buddy that would buy 2 pounds of hamburger and a box of ritz crackers for football every Sunday. He would eat the raw hamburger, right out of the package all day as he watched the games.

There's a death wish if I ever heard one!

alisonb":wcl6hruw said:
M5, we're not knocking you, we're just pulling your leg a little ;-)

It's apparently all about the Maillard reaction folks - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maillard_reaction

So who would eat Steak Tartare?

Tried it and it's kinda like eating sushi. It's ok but I'd rather have a little heat put to it.
Only protein I prefer raw is oysters.

NECowboy":3cvumy8t said:
Craig Miller":3cvumy8t said:
Sirloin cooked medium to medium well. I use Montreal steak seasoning on mine. I like Rib eye sometimes cooked the same way. I used to only eat well done but I have come to like them at medium. After all they only come two ways when somebody cooks them at the rig. Thats rare or medium.

Man y'all are doing something I don't know about to cook sirloin better, I just don't find it to have flavor like the ribeye guess I like some fat. Depending on price I also like chuck or chuck eye.

I think it started out as being the only type steak we could afford when I was a kid. Just got used to eating them. The first rib eye I ever had was at the rig when i was about 25 years old and served medium. I was less than inpressed. I like to eat them as long as I grew them. Or as long as somebody else is buying. I eat chuck eye a good bit too. It's a pretty decent steak for the price. Yes I do work on oil rig in midland tx.

You should always buy the leanest cut possible cause it's better for you.

Growing up there were only two kinds of steak bought at my house. Round, which mother would beat with the edge of a saucer to tenderize and a club steak that was cooked well done on the grill. Never knew where the club was cut from and I never see them in a meat counter these days.

Personally my favorite steak is elk back strap. Cook hot and served rare. But they aren't available at the store so I have to put in a lot of effort to get them.

Craig Miller":ieml3og9 said:
NECowboy":ieml3og9 said:
Craig Miller":ieml3og9 said:
Sirloin cooked medium to medium well. I use Montreal steak seasoning on mine. I like Rib eye sometimes cooked the same way. I used to only eat well done but I have come to like them at medium. After all they only come two ways when somebody cooks them at the rig. Thats rare or medium.

Man y'all are doing something I don't know about to cook sirloin better, I just don't find it to have flavor like the ribeye guess I like some fat. Depending on price I also like chuck or chuck eye.

I think it started out as being the only type steak we could afford when I was a kid. Just got used to eating them. The first rib eye I ever had was at the rig when i was about 25 years old and served medium. I was less than inpressed. I like to eat them as long as I grew them. Or as long as somebody else is buying. I eat chuck eye a good bit too. It's a pretty decent steak for the price. Yes I do work on oil rig in midland tx.

What are the leanest cuts? Northern ala is beautiful nice home base. Guessing chuck eye ain't too healthy.

M-5":1p09d4h4 said:
I like a sirloin steak , cooked my way its just as good as a NYstrip

Ill believe that when I try it. Other than rare what all u do to steak? Like I said I've found most sirloins to lack as much flavor as ribeye nys etc.

NECowboy":2ih3jm1l said:
Craig Miller":2ih3jm1l said:
NECowboy":2ih3jm1l said:

What are the leanest cuts? Northern ala is beautiful nice home base. Guessing chuck eye ain't too healthy.

Guess not. That was a joke by the way.

Craig Miller":3mvv8zzn said:
NECowboy":3mvv8zzn said:
Craig Miller":3mvv8zzn said:

Guess not. That was a joke by the way.

Went right over my head I was like man if you are eating a steak you need to live a little! We probably have ribeyes as a twice a month treat, ground beef, beef stew meat (tritip or sirloin), flank steak, roasts etc prob at least several times a week. And yes ones own raised and butchered beef is the absolute best!

greybeard":2mvjdd3e said:
Medium-like this mostly.
chicken-fried-steak.jpg

Oh man are those pinto beans, that looks fantastic. Love a good chicken fried.

NECowboy":3a3c491m said:
M-5":3a3c491m said:

Ill believe that when I try it. Other than rare what all u do to steak? Like I said I've found most sirloins to lack as much flavor as ribeye nys etc.

Hey em dash looked earlier at other post of yours, what kind of grill do you use to get it up to 550, traeger goes only up to like 440 tops. Prob propane? Any benefit to that higher grill temp?

Char grill acorn (egg type) grill it will go to at least 700 deg cause that's all the numbers left on the thermometer , the key to sirlion is the way it's cut and properly aged. Buy you one and stick it in fridge till it's starts turning and you can see the iridescent colors on it . but a good rub seasoning and cook to your desired doneness.

NECowboy":2s5ngfg7 said:
M-5":2s5ngfg7 said:

A little salt is it

My favorite is filet mignon medium well. Medium rare is really what I like, but stopped that a long time ago due to health concerns.

Latest posts