The Myth of Rural Culture

Help Support CattleToday:

True Grit Farms":2bes14j0 said:
Bright Raven":2bes14j0 said:
True Grit Farms":2bes14j0 said:
Opinions are free and differ greatly. I risked life and limb to earn my possessions and feel those that try and take my possessions should risk the same in the courts. You once posted that you wouldn't or couldn't shoot someone that was stealing your stuff on your property. If I was a thief I'd have a nice gun and knife collection.

Most of my guns are in a safe.....

I'd also steal your tractor to load the safe. I have my safes to close to the outside walls, and have always worried about someone tearing the walls out with my tractor or backhoe to get the safes out. Thieves don't care what they do or destroy.

Yes. And it is within you right to protect your home in such an event. That is probably a case where deadly force is justified. I think what I posted about stealing was that I would not use lethal or deadly force to stop someone from stealing something outside my domicile. I would use whatever force necessary to stop someone who forcibly enters my domicile.

has anyone seen the movie where all the kids in the united states have to take a test when they turn 15 or16 whatever and they all go on one day to the schools and get locked in. take the test and if you fail they come get you and then you disappear. its a futuristic culling of the not worthy. I wont spill the end but if ya can watch it its a b movie all day but the thought is pretty strange.....culling of society ..the weaning or something..cant remember it now

dieselbeef":2chicrkq said:
has anyone seen the movie where all the kids in the united states have to take a test when they turn 15 or16 whatever and they all go on one day to the schools and get locked in. take the test and if you fail they come get you and then you disappear. its a futuristic culling of the not worthy. I wont spill the end but if ya can watch it its a b movie all day but the thought is pretty strange.....culling of society ..the weaning or something..cant remember it now
The Thinning.

'Only the smart survive'

True Grit Farms":35itsrjz said:
Bright Raven":35itsrjz said:
True Grit Farms":35itsrjz said:
Opinions are free and differ greatly. I risked life and limb to earn my possessions and feel those that try and take my possessions should risk the same in the courts. You once posted that you wouldn't or couldn't shoot someone that was stealing your stuff on your property. If I was a thief I'd have a nice gun and knife collection.

I'd also steal your tractor to load the safe. I have my safes to close to the outside walls, and have always worried about someone tearing the walls out with my tractor or backhoe to get the safes out. Thieves don't care what they do or destroy.

That's being a bit paranoid. This is such an extreme scenario.

Bestoutwest":1sj6ix3a said:
True Grit Farms":1sj6ix3a said:
Bright Raven":1sj6ix3a said:

That's being a bit paranoid. This is such an extreme scenario.

Maybe. But give Vince credit. I don't know that I have read anything more original.

I have to feel sorry for people who either live in areas so filled with crime that they have to go every where armed or are just paranoid. My brother was on the Seattle PD for over 30 years. He told me that he only took his gun out of the holster one time in over 30 years. The very few instances that I know where a gun might have been helpful have all been cases of domestic violence. When I was single I made it a policy to avoid married women. Much easier than going around packing.

Dave":3sgoqkrn said:
I have to feel sorry for people who either live in areas so filled with crime that they have to go every where armed or are just paranoid. My brother was on the Seattle PD for over 30 years. He told me that he only took his gun out of the holster one time in over 30 years. The very few instances that I know where a gun might have been helpful have all been cases of domestic violence. When I was single I made it a policy to avoid married women. Much easier than going around packing.

There are places in rural Eastern Kentucky that warrant being armed just as Kenny Thomas mentioned. Like you, I would not live in those areas. I spent 4 years in Hazard, KY. That was a long time ago but I was glad when I moved.

Bright Raven":1ir0g8br said:
Dave":1ir0g8br said:

There are places in rural Eastern Kentucky that warrant being armed just as Kenny Thomas mentioned. Like you, I would not live in those areas. I spent 4 years in Hazard, KY. That was a long time ago but I was glad when I moved.

They still celebrate the end of your reign of terror to this day, much like a miniature Bastille Day.

Dave":7whodq8o said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Lakewood_shooting
Maybe it's all fake news and there's nothing to worry about. I'm definitely paranoid, I'd hate to be caught up in the middle of something serious with only a pocket knife.

True Grit Farms":3caualkw said:
Dave":3caualkw said:

Maybe it's all fake news and there's nothing to worry about. I'm definitely paranoid, I'd hate to be caught up in the middle of something serious with only a pocket knife.

Why? The guy was only shooting cops. You draw a weapon and BANG! down goes the plain clothes cop too.

True Grit Farms":2i97vgta said:
Dave":2i97vgta said:

That was 8 years ago and about 50 miles from me. I can't remember the last time I went to that area and I have no plans to ever go there again. And by the way all four of those cops were obviously armed and it did do them any good. All four were shot before any of them could react and return fire.

True Grit Farms":1fjkmmpq said:
A lot of folks thought that way and will never come back home. If I leave my bedroom I have a gun with me. Hopefully I'll never need it again, but you never know. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. IMO
My family has seen the need to be prepared to defend themselves more than once. So we try and prepare ourselves for the worst case scenario.

The more I read posts here, the more thankful I am for where I live. Even if I need a gun tomorrow, it's still not the norm here. I have made it to 49 and never needed one, my dad has made it to 80 and never needed one, and my grandparents made it to 80s and 90s and never needed one, so I am very thankful.

My concern is that I may wander into another area of our country and assume it's like where I live, but discover the hard way that it's not.

herofan":3kj7u0iw said:
True Grit Farms":3kj7u0iw said:
A lot of folks thought that way and will never come back home. If I leave my bedroom I have a gun with me. Hopefully I'll never need it again, but you never know. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. IMO
My family has seen the need to be prepared to defend themselves more than once. So we try and prepare ourselves for the worst case scenario.

The more I read posts here, the more thankful I am for where I live. Even if I need a gun tomorrow, it's still not the norm here. I have made it to 49 and never needed one, my dad has made it to 80 and never needed one, and my grandparents made it to 80s and 90s and never needed one, so I am very thankful.

My concern is that I may wander into another area of our country and assume it's like where I live, but discover the hard way that it's not.

http://www.macon.com/news/local/crime/a ... 54868.html
This guy lived on the south east corner of my property. And he didn't kill those two folks but is taking the rap for some reason. You never really know a person or what their motives are.

Driving home from work about 6 miles from home on main 2 Lane Hwy I say a car swerve ahead of me and they pulled off . when I got closer there was a guy standing in the middle of the road. I slowed down and was going to get on shoulder to pass him
He stepped in front of me I had no choice but to stop or run his azz over. I pulled my gun rolled the window down he stepped toward my door , I said "yea" he said "how are you" I said "OK" he said "good" and walked on past me. I know he could see my gun. Why would a guy stand and stare you down in middle of the road at 5pm and intentionally try to get you to stop. High on drugs or wanting to cause harm.

Latest posts