Close the door Nesi!

Help Support CattleToday:

Getting there! Looking at -12 windchill through Tuesday. Loaded up the back of my Polaris and hauled a bunch of ancient hay to the bulls livestock shelter because I'm having trouble finding any straw for bedding. Don't want any frozen 'nads! Working on the heifers shelter tomorrow (and yes, I'm doing it the hard way). Main herd has a ton of shelter in the barn & cedars, so they're okay without additional bedding.

Bundle up!!! And I can't believe I have friends going to the Chiefs game. That's hard core!

My low tomorrow night is forecast at 2. It is clear to the far end of the 10 day forecast before I get a high above freezing. This morning was 18 but no wind, clear, and the sun coming up as I was feeding. Not a bad morning. Then the wind picked up. Clouds blew in and it has been snowing off and on. I guess it is winter now.

High tomorrow in central Alabama is 70 and tomorrow night low is 31. I hate when the temp jumps up and falls that fast. Going to rain tomorrow night it will be cold and muddy. Yall can keep the super low temps but I will take frozen ground over mud any day.

Calling for snow here Sunday and Monday and single digits many nights to follow as well as some below zero. I don't mind the snow but temperatures that low we are not set up for. It was 60 here yesterday and going to that extreme cold in just a few days is going to be hard on livestock.

Nasty rain then freeze for a week? Just worked in the yard in a t shirt the other day. This chemicalwarfare has to have an end.

It was spring like short sleeve weather all day yesterday and Wednesday , then the wind came.
It won't be as pleasant tonight tomorrow or next week.

The forecast calls for 1 inch of snow today. We already have about 5 or 6 inches and it is snowing like a banshee. The forecast was for 2 degree tonight. Now they are saying -5. This is the reason we don't have homeless people in baker County.

Latest posts