Close the door Nesi!

Help Support CattleToday:

Another morning with the thermometer sitting at -5. But this morning we have a nice breeze to go along with it. Feeding will be a joy this morning. Well joy for the cows. Not so much for me. But Thursday is coming. The forecast for Thursday is 40-34 and stays around that for the rest of the 10 day.

12 degrees here in my part of TX this a.m. I actually zipped up the parka I bought in Wyoming.

My wife is wearing my old Alyeska parka that came off the north slope. I may have lost it for good :)

-37 this morning at 5am. Evidently I didn't put enough anti-gel in the tractor, it would not start this morning, but around 10 I finally got it started. Everything is fed and happy. Looking forward to the warmup.
We gelled up yesterday at -11F. It works at +5F, but not below 0. Need to drain it and put in some fresh before next cold snap.

I poured in the magic sauce on Friday, right before this stuff started. I've continued to add about a quart per day throughout this cold weather event.
I've also treated the fuel for the tractors. Haven't had any issues with them either.

Tonight is the second and hopefully last night of the single digits to teens here for a while…the girls got more cubes and have rough hay for another day or two…was chilly today but the wind made it feel quite a bit chillier…used the Lowe's gift card for a couple of 7-1/4" saw blades and cutting wheels for angle grinder…a good day

Tonight is the second and hopefully last night of the single digits to teens here for a while…the girls got more cubes and have rough hay for another day or two…was chilly today but the wind made it feel quite a bit chillier…used the Lowe's gift card for a couple of 7-1/4" saw blades and cutting wheels for angle grinder…a good day
*enough hay

-12C (about 8F) this morning, breezy.. better than last week though.. Working in the shop was hard, brought the big heaters inside.. they go through the diesel pretty good but it makes it tolerable to work
1705595132176.png

The little chinese diesel heater I have in the trailer works really good, it's set on low and keeps the place fairly warm, it'll cook you out on high.. uses 3-4 quarts a day on low.. Highly recommend getting one of two of these, just stuff them under a tractor and have it run all night and it'll help you out a lot!

1705595111540.png

Latest posts