The Myth of Rural Culture

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":3kn3z9r4 said:
True Grit Farms":3kn3z9r4 said:
We have to much compassion for our fellow man, woman and child. We all want the best for everyone, especially when it's our family. But like it or not, in reality some people need to be culled from society.

You never cease to disappoint.

TT, I see it every time I go to town, and read the news, I'm truly disappointed in the human race. We have a pos is Pennsylvania that killed at least four people and has bartered a life sentence already. How would you feel if one of those kids happened to be yours?

True Grit Farms":2rulcx2d said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2rulcx2d said:
True Grit Farms":2rulcx2d said:
We have to much compassion for our fellow man, woman and child. We all want the best for everyone, especially when it's our family. But like it or not, in reality some people need to be culled from society.

TT, I see it every time I go to town, and read the news, I'm truly disappointed in the human race. We have a pos is Pennsylvania that killed at least four people and has bartered a life sentence already. How would you feel if one of those kids happened to be yours?

Who's supposed to do this "culling" you speak of?

TennesseeTuxedo":3rs1f6k3 said:
True Grit Farms":3rs1f6k3 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3rs1f6k3 said:

That's the tricky part TT. Maybe the victims if they choose to should be the first in line. And if they can't or don't feel like carrying the job out, let out elite snipers practice on real targets. Heck we go to other countries and kill people because they act and look like a terrorist, no judge, no jury and no real proof. And when those same type and looking people are in this country our government protects and finances them. IDK But doing the samething again and again and expecting different results is foolish thinking. At some point we need to recognize that jail and rehabilitation isn't working and is not the answer.

True Grit Farms":3pgrx1em said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3pgrx1em said:
True Grit Farms":3pgrx1em said:

That's the tricky part TT. Maybe the victims if they choose to should be the first in line. And if they can't or don't feel like carrying the job out, let out elite snipers practice on real targets. Heck we go to other countries and kill people because they act and look like a terrorist, no judge, no jury and no real proof. And when those same type and looking people are in this country our government protects and finances them. IDK But doing the samething again and again and expecting different results is foolish thinking. At some point we need to recognize that jail and rehabilitation isn't working and is not the answer.

True Grit:

Let me restate the course you suggest we take in culling humans from the "herd" as if they are cattle. No judge! No jury! No proof of guilt! Is that correct?

Do you need to be reminded that what you propose is contrary to the Constitution? Do you need to be reminded that what you propose reverses centuries of civil progress? Do you need to be reminded that what you propose is execution without due process of law? Do you abide in any moral standards or are you a renegade?

Either you are being dramatic in your usual charismatic fashion or you are casting aside all the principles this nation was founded on.

Bright Raven":31urnjuj said:
Bestoutwest":31urnjuj said:
TexasBred":31urnjuj said:
Son in law and daughter are both pharmacist although daughter is not working now. Jeff comes home totally disgusted at the number of prescriptions they fill for opiates then watch them sell them outside. Moved to another pharmacy in a more affluent part of town and said there was no difference. The rich are addicted to the stuff as well.

-I've got a provider that I work with that sends down a narcotic with every first time low back pain x-ray. I can tell b/c they have to have a special script for that.

-I can't tell you how many narcotics I got with my foot surgery. I'm glad to have gotten rid of them, but there were a lot of them. I also weaned myself from them as quickly as possible b/c I was NOT getting hooked.

Remember the series "Justified" which was about the drug thugs in Harlan County? It was not as far fetched as some might think.

This goes across the news on a regular basis.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edky/pr/be ... escription

Regarding Justified: A news reporter who grew up in Harlan County gave this interview. Here is an excerpt:

The portrayal of redneck criminals isn't too far fetched. I had classmates in high school with Nazi tattoos and was forced to say goodbye to my best friend at the age of 20, when he died of an OxyContin overdose. My grandfather was dispatcher for the state police post in Harlan during the 70s, during the time portrayed in the Oscar winning documentary entitled Harlan County, USA as well, seeing many of the darker parts of the county first hand.

BTW: the character Mags Bennent was based on the real life Mags Bennent!
I go to Bloody Harlan almost every weekend. In the 70's it was a mean place, now they steal for drugs. I take no chances either way. Always have a pistol in my pocket.

Bright Raven":9jcklgzw said:
True Grit Farms":9jcklgzw said:
TennesseeTuxedo":9jcklgzw said:

True Grit:

Let me restate the course you suggest we take in culling humans from the "herd" as if they are cattle. No judge! No jury! No proof of guilt! Is that correct?

Do you need to be reminded that what you propose is contrary to the Constitution? Do you need to be reminded that what you propose reverses centuries of civil progress? Do you need to be reminded that what you propose is execution without due process of law? Do you abide in any moral standards or are you a renegade?

Either you are being dramatic in your usual charismatic fashion or you are casting aside all the principles this nation was founded on.

You have lost me or I lost you. We go to other countries and kill people we think are terrorists without a judge, jury or trial. I believe everyone deserves their day in court. And as a matter of fact I think people with addictions need help and treatment. How many convictions should we give a felon? How many times do we furnish a judge, jury and trial for a convicted felon? How may times do we supply the judge, jury, trial and treatment for a person that's addicted to drugs, drinking, gambling, sex, ect? We can't keep doing what we're doing it's not working. The criminals are winning the battle, and the war will be lost if we don't change our strategy.

kenny thomas":3ay3s1fa said:
Bright Raven":3ay3s1fa said:
Bestoutwest":3ay3s1fa said:
-I've got a provider that I work with that sends down a narcotic with every first time low back pain x-ray. I can tell b/c they have to have a special script for that.

-I can't tell you how many narcotics I got with my foot surgery. I'm glad to have gotten rid of them, but there were a lot of them. I also weaned myself from them as quickly as possible b/c I was NOT getting hooked.

Remember the series "Justified" which was about the drug thugs in Harlan County? It was not as far fetched as some might think.

Regarding Justified: A news reporter who grew up in Harlan County gave this interview. Here is an excerpt:

The portrayal of redneck criminals isn't too far fetched. I had classmates in high school with Nazi tattoos and was forced to say goodbye to my best friend at the age of 20, when he died of an OxyContin overdose. My grandfather was dispatcher for the state police post in Harlan during the 70s, during the time portrayed in the Oscar winning documentary entitled Harlan County, USA as well, seeing many of the darker parts of the county first hand.

I go to Bloody Harlan almost every weekend. In the 70's it was a mean place, now they steal for drugs. I take no chances either way. Always have a pistol in my pocket.

Kenny if your depending on the law to keep you safe, your a lost soul. It's your responsibility to keep yourself safe and secure, and any help you get is just gravy.

kenny thomas":2naawa26 said:
Bright Raven":2naawa26 said:
Bestoutwest":2naawa26 said:

Wise policy.

True Grit Farms":2hslyolt said:
kenny thomas":2hslyolt said:
Bright Raven":2hslyolt said:

Kenny if your depending on the law to keep you safe, your a lost soul. It's your responsibility to keep yourself safe and secure, and any help you get is just gravy.
I agree, calling the law is my last thought.

If I have to carry a pistol to protect myself, I ain't going, I'll stay home and see y'all when when/if you get back

Cross-7":1pif2ppc said:
If I have to carry a pistol to protect myself, I ain't going, I'll stay home and see y'all when when/if you get back
Glad there are still places you feel safe, it's not that way in many places here. I am carrying quite a bit of money when I go there so I take no chances, try to not let anyone see it.

A lot of folks thought that way and will never come back home. If I leave my bedroom I have a gun with me. Hopefully I'll never need it again, but you never know. It's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. IMO
My family has seen the need to be prepared to defend themselves more than once. So we try and prepare ourselves for the worst case scenario.

True Grit Farms":bcpzvpq9 said:
Bright Raven":bcpzvpq9 said:
True Grit Farms":bcpzvpq9 said:

True Grit:

You have lost me or I lost you. We go to other countries and kill people we think are terrorists without a judge, jury or trial. I believe everyone deserves their day in court. And as a matter of fact I think people with addictions need help and treatment. How many convictions should we give a felon? How many times do we furnish a judge, jury and trial for a convicted felon? How may times do we supply the judge, jury, trial and treatment for a person that's addicted to drugs, drinking, gambling, sex, ect? We can't keep doing what we're doing it's not working. The criminals are winning the battle, and the war will be lost if we don't change our strategy.

It is not an arbitrary choice. We have a system of law and order.

We had a system of law and order at one time. There's no money in culling the undesirables, and the whole problem with our justice system is it's based on how much money it can generate. Stealing or cheating people out of their property or possessions needs to be a capital crime and carried out swiftly and quickly.

True Grit Farms":25hmgv5k said:
We had a system of law and order at one time. There's no money in culling the undesirables, and the whole problem with our justice system is it's based on how much money it can generate. Stealing or cheating people out of their property or possessions needs to be a capital crime and carried out swiftly and quickly.
exactly.

True Grit Farms":kd4c09ty said:

Nations separate themselves from each other based a body of fundamental principles that provides the basis for how its citizens and other subjects are treated. That includes the rule of law, how justice is served and what rights it's subjects enjoy.

Thankfully it is not based on the whims of someone who thinks "this should be done" or that "needs to be done", etc. It is your privilege to think, post or believe whatever you want. Personally, I have fun reading your ramblings but in the end, it is mostly a waste of hot air.

Seriously, Vince. You get a little tiny bit extreme sometimes when you start down that road of treating justice like it is an old weathered board on the side of the barn to cast into a lake of fire.

Bright Raven":sdw9n5r9 said:
True Grit Farms":sdw9n5r9 said:

Nations separate themselves from each other based a body of fundamental principles that provides the basis for how its citizens and other subjects are treated. That includes the rule of law, how justice is served and what rights it's subjects enjoy.

Thankfully it is not based on the whims of someone who thinks "this should be done" or that "needs to be done", etc. It is your privilege to think, post or believe whatever you want. Personally, I have fun reading your ramblings but in the end, it is mostly a waste of hot air.

Seriously, Vince. You get a little tiny bit extreme sometimes when you start down that road of treating justice like it is an old weathered board on the side of the barn to cast into a lake of fire.

Opinions are free and differ greatly. I risked life and limb to earn my possessions and feel those that try and take my possessions should risk the same in the courts. You once posted that you wouldn't or couldn't shoot someone that was stealing your stuff on your property. If I was a thief I'd have a nice gun and knife collection.

True Grit Farms":10sf03z4 said:
Bright Raven":10sf03z4 said:
True Grit Farms":10sf03z4 said:

Opinions are free and differ greatly. I risked life and limb to earn my possessions and feel those that try and take my possessions should risk the same in the courts. You once posted that you wouldn't or couldn't shoot someone that was stealing your stuff on your property. If I was a thief I'd have a nice gun and knife collection.

Most of my guns are in a safe.....

I agree on the opinions. I acknowledged above that I enjoy reading your beliefs, ideas, and thoughts. I sincerely do.

My point Is that if we let everyone inject their ideas into the rule of law, how justice is carried out, etc. We would have chaos.

Bright Raven":11lmr0is said:
True Grit Farms":11lmr0is said:
Bright Raven":11lmr0is said:

Most of my guns are in a safe.....

I'd also steal your tractor to load the safe. I have my safes to close to the outside walls, and have always worried about someone tearing the walls out with my tractor or backhoe to get the safes out. Thieves don't care what they do or destroy.

Latest posts