Post pics of your place

Help Support CattleToday:

NECowboy":1piwbvkf said:
TCRanch":1piwbvkf said:
NECowboy":1piwbvkf said:
Does anyone really love their land meaning, it's their favorite place in the world to be?

Whether it's ranching, hunting, or eventually building a house on our land, I can't think of a place where I feel happier and more relaxed and maybe that comes with the pride of ownership. Never felt that way on public or even national park land. Never felt that way on some busy public access lake.

I can go up to my land and the stress of the workday or workweek and my full time job melts away with the bellering of the cattle, chirping of the birds, and view out over God's creation.

Tennessee Tuxedo you live in Franklin, TN a suburb of Nashville. I bet when you go up to your cross the border farm that it's like heaven on earth for you. Beautiful pictures by the way, incredible looking houses? What is the white wood siding one? Understand the brick is part of the Kentucky place.

Yes! We were fortunate to "retire" early and moved back to my home state. After living in big cities almost all my life I love our little slice of heaven & small town living.

TC just between us plains staters, Nebraska and Kansas get a really bad national rap. Neither Nebraska (I-80) nor Kansas (I-70) are particularly attractive to drive through and they are long states to go through to get to where people are going Denver, the Rockies, Wyoming, or places east like kc, St. Louis, Des Moines, Chicago etc. People often have been driving long distances already and are tired by the time they come through our states. The road builders also chose the most boring, flat as a board part of our states to go through. I will pm you pictures of our ranch. It is anything but flat! I would post on here but I don't want local people to come on the forum and be able to identify our property.

We have beautiful rolling hills and pasture land in our states and great hunting. By and large super nice, hard working, and straightforward people, and a lot less crime than other places. Northern KS (Manhattan through Norton) is beautiful rolling hills. Never been anywhere else in Kansas or down your way! This is cow calf and feedlot country too, great place to be as a beef producer!

Better high fence it before the libs move in

Cross 7 the libs only want the coasts or "cool" places like Austin/tx hill country, Denver, or Santa Fe nm. I wouldn't worry about okla, ks, ne, or the Dakotas we are pretty darn conservative!

NECowboy":26cjufq6 said:
Cross 7 the libs only want the coasts or "cool" places like Austin/tx hill country, Denver, or Santa Fe nm. I wouldn't worry about okla, ks, ne, or the Dakotas we are pretty darn conservative!

I can only hope your are right

Ned and Ness

Hard to compost with those landscapes Ned you have some beautiful cattle to go along with the pictures! :tiphat: :tiphat:

I fail at spelling compete sorry!

Ok I can compete a little

Playing in the rain in the rye grass!

Gizmom

Great pics of the kids, it's a keeper! Also Ned, I know this is short notice, but can I rent the loft of that barn and buy some hay for bedding? I envy your location, I know it gets bad in winter.... But..... I want the loft please.

TennesseeTuxedo":3oj5yefl said:
Aw, no fair, cute kids are hard to beat.

Bringing in the next generation is cheating :D

That is precisely why we as the human race need to do a better job conserving for the future.

We can do better than we have been.

NECowboy":3dtpi4z6 said:
I hate the urban/suburban rat race. I am fortunate to be able to live and work in rural America.

Can half see a nice young girl in a hoop skirt holding up a plate of fried chicken, mac and cheese, and green beans with bacon and a glass of cold tea out front (tea gotta be sweet tea or undrinkable for me) ala Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle, GA. Love those old Southern plantation houses and their gracious charm.

Nothing gracious about 2016 big city America (I found Nashville to be very unrelaxing with all the high pace traffic, freeways, skyscrapers etc - as are most big cities the world over, south or not).

What were you doing in Nashville?

Thanks everyone!

Alan you welcome to stay in the loft. But you'll have to share with a family of ravens.

Latest posts