Post a random thought

Help Support CattleToday:

when jumping off of anything if you were wearing a cape at 8 or 9 years old it always made you feel like your flight lasted longer and if you just practiced more, it would be achievable
Being faster than a speeding bullet and able to jump high buildings in a single bound was much more of a challenge, never mind being more powerful than a locomotive....
The magnum opus of youth tho, was x-ray vision.........

Amazing too, if you put on a pair of those glasses and walk around a store with them on, how many women would put their arms over their chests, even tho any dolt knows they don't actually work...

xray vision.jpg

Being faster than a speeding bullet and able to jump high buildings in a single bound was much more of a challenge, never mind being more powerful than a locomotive....

Amazing too, if you put on a pair of those glasses and walk around a store with them on, how many women would put their arms over their chests, even tho any dolt knows they don't actually work...

View attachment 42097
Never had a pair of those, although in the 5th or 6th grade when the girls were starting to develop a bit I would imagine I did

View attachment 42097
I always wanted a pair those every time I seen them in the back of a comic book.

I remember when my mother told me that the man who played Superman committed suicide.. I asked how he did it. She told me that he shot himself. I asked how that would work? I had seen bullets bounce off him. An explanation by Mom about Hollywood vs reality followed. Fast forward a number of years and I had the same discussion with my son. Except this time it was about Rambo in a gun fight with a couple thousand Arabs.

She told me that he shot himself. I asked how that would work? I had seen bullets bounce off him.
We now know, that the investigation and post mortem revealed that the bullet was made of kryptonite...but, I have to admit I found this a bit ironic...

supermanreeves.jpg

Anyone my age would have noticed that 3 different 'he man' types all had the same last name...
Christopher Reeves as the movie Superman (above pictures)
George Reeves was the old TV superman.
and main character of Hercules, and Goliath (late 50s movies) was played by Steve Reeves.

Steve Reeves turned down both the main male lead (James Bond) in Dr No, and the lead (man with no name) in Fist Full of Dollars that eventually went to Clint Eastwood.

Last edited:
I think that is a false statement, but I probably should refrain from expounding on it.
I also had a fascination with magic carpets when I was a kid. We had moved to Irving Texas so little brother would be closer to a heart doctor. Just there for a couple years.

There was an older girl down the street that befriended me. Apparently she had the same fascination, so she taught me how to fly.

I also had a fascination with magic carpets when I was a kid. We had moved to Irving Texas so little brother would be closer to a heart doctor. Just there for a couple years.

There was an older girl down the street that befriended me. Apparently she had the same fascination, so she taught me how to fly.

The girl that taught me how to fly liked Frank Zappa, and particularly Dinah-Moe Humm.

I also had a fascination with magic carpets when I was a kid.
I had a high school teach take the entire class on a imaginary magic carpet ride while we studying about geography. This teacher as a bit off the wall, and maybe two times crazy. He walked across Pakistan before I had his class.

Latest posts