Post pics of your place

Help Support CattleToday:

My place the soil is very light but it is surprising what it will do, the calves I can raise especially when the clover kicks in, a lot of scrub and rocks limits what I can cultivate but I find it interesting country, and I think the cattle like it, the calves certainly like to explore around the rocks.

The snow is a rare event and a big novelty when it does happen.

Ken

Nice place Ken. Would love to visit Australia one day. The gray "pen" to the right in the picture (with the bar top), is that a trailer? Or some type of heavy duty pen?

Thanks for the comments on our place. The house is nothing special, but I do enjoy my view!

TexasBred & Ryder - That winter picture looks cold because it was cold that day. I don't remember exactly but I know it was below -30C (which is -22F) the day I took that picture. That was a couple years ago now, but there's always a few days per year that we dip below that. I will take my cold winters though any day over the heat that some of you deal with in the summer! I can put on more layers to keep warm - I can only take off so many clothes to try and stay cool!! haha

wbvs58":3exyhy1l said:
My place the soil is very light but it is surprising what it will do, the calves I can raise especially when the clover kicks in, a lot of scrub and rocks limits what I can cultivate but I find it interesting country, and I think the cattle like it, the calves certainly like to explore around the rocks.

Ken

Nice woods pasture. I think those are really nice but sort of glad I don't have any to pick limbs out of.

Lots of nice places shown here.

wbvs58":34kfi15p said:

Ken
What kind of trees are those?

They are all eucalypt, the ones closest in the 1st photo I think are Yellow Box, there are some big Red Gum there and a lot of Stringy bark. In our soil we don't get them going very tall and they quickly branch out.

Ken

JMJ Farms":2bncnoo9 said:
Nice place Ken. Would love to visit Australia one day. The gray "pen" to the right in the picture (with the bar top), is that a trailer? Or some type of heavy duty pen?

If you ever want to rock up here there is always a few spare beds to stay for a few days.

That is a crate for my truck. It is an Isuzu flat top with a 20' tray, will carry a bit over 5 ton. We don't use trailers much here, I guess we don't have your big V8 pickups to tow the big trailers, everyone has a loading ramp at their yards and if they don't have their own truck there are lots of carriers that will come and shift your cattle when needed.

Ken

wbvs58":129r5lnp said:
JMJ Farms":129r5lnp said:

If you ever want to rock up here there is always a few spare beds to stay for a few days.

That is a crate for my truck. It is an Isuzu flat top with a 20' tray, will carry a bit over 5 ton. We don't use trailers much here, I guess we don't have your big V8 pickups to tow the big trailers, everyone has a loading ramp at their yards and if they don't have their own truck there are lots of carriers that will come and shift your cattle when needed.

Ken

I appreciate your hospitality. Beautiful country to me. Maybe once I get my kids grown I will have a free second.

I should have known about the crate from watching Australian cattle videos. Looks very heavy duty in the pic. Thanks for answering my question.

wbvs58":3ve6eil4 said:

Ken

Very interesting country. I think you said before but I forgot. Are you in the North?

wbvs58":n642mk10 said:
They are all eucalypt, the ones closest in the 1st photo I think are Yellow Box, there are some big Red Gum there and a lot of Stringy bark. In our soil we don't get them going very tall and they quickly branch out.

Ken

In the last photo with snow on the ground there appears to be a wind turbine for producing power in the back ground. Is that what it is and are you on grid or off.

slick4591":2qcnxav0 said:
Not much to see at my place since it's only about 16 acres.

Maybe not. But I'd rather see 16 acres that was well kept than 500 that was neglected. Looks nice to me :tiphat:

Latest posts