Post pics of your place

Help Support CattleToday:

I hate to post again but Ned those photos are just absolutely unbelievable :tiphat:

Fire Sweep, nothing shabby about your place either :tiphat:

Better not leave Tux out either. Love the old house almost as much as the working pens :tiphat:

Ned Jr.":qsudsyn7 said:

If I ever won the lottery, I'd try to set myself up with something like that. Maybe build a barn like FSR's place, and pretty nice house. But you know what they say about wishing. You can wish in one hand and......

Midwest has it's own beauty. Fall gorgeous up here and in Mizzourah. How far are y'all from KC?[/quote]

We are on the other end of the state.... not far from OK, AR and KS (called 4 corners). I think it is about a 4 hour drive to KC from here...

JMJ Farms":3673kf5n said:
I hate to post again but Ned those photos are just absolutely unbelievable :tiphat:

Fire Sweep, nothing shabby about your place either :tiphat:

Better not leave Tux out either. Love the old house almost as much as the working pens :tiphat:

Thanks! I like that we built it from just raw land. We bought it, we bought and bred the cows we run on it, nothing was inherited. I sure hope our kids take over where I leave off one day...

Bestoutwest":1so72k95 said:
Ned Jr.":1so72k95 said:

If I ever won the lottery, I'd try to set myself up with something like that. Maybe build a barn like FSR's place, and pretty nice house. But you know what they say about wishing. You can wish in one hand and......

Ned will kill me for saying this but that's actually not terrible a part of co for prices. Wait til you see summit county, steamboat, areas closer to Denver - prices are outta sight!

NECowboy":x8zojpiq said:
Ned will kill me for saying this but that's actually not terrible a part of co for prices. Wait til you see summit county, steamboat, areas closer to Denver - prices are outta sight!

I can't even imagine what land would look like next to one of those tourist/big city areas. Heck, it's at least $6,000/acre here. Unless land takes a big dump, it's going to be hard to expand here without winning the lottery. We've got some beautiful views behind our place, but Ned's place and Nesi's place are something spectacular.

This is a recent pic showing a sample of the perilla mint we have. Most all of that vegetation you see in the background is perilla mint.

The eight bred heifers we have left. Another one is getting close. Due 9/9.

The most recent pic from the south hill, from Feb. This area is stockpiled every fall and winter. They are turned in around Thanksgiving when we vaccinate. They are offered hay the entire time, but mostly pick unless the weather is bad. This is after about three months on 30 ac of it - 16 hd with 14 calves. The 14 calves are still on it today.

A nice morning.

This is 2013 calves on the same patch in May 14. They have been weaned a month or so probably. The south hill in the background.

slick4591":2ts47dr4 said:
:lol: That young man must have the music in his head.

Heck, we already know Ned Jr and Nesi plus some of those Virginia places are nicer than most vacations for the rest of us. lol

Little guy is happy all the agitation is over and we can get back to getting along with one another.

Some beautiful places shown on this thread! I love those old houses that TennesseeTuxedo shared - we don't have buildings like that here.

Here's our place:
IMG_9122sm_zpsepxnoonc.jpg

looking at the house from across the coulee

IMG_5888sm_zpskhpczwek.jpg

IMG_9721pb_zpsb8c6ec5d.jpg

winter

IMG_2540sm_zpsss3azcy9.jpg

the view from my deck

IMG_9317sm_zpssocuryle.jpg

IMG_1196sm_zpscexgeml7.jpg

IMG_1149sm_zpsyqcxl2tx.jpg

Fall

creekdrive":1sdt4mix said:
Some beautiful places shown on this thread! I love those old houses that TennesseeTuxedo shared - we don't have buildings like that here.

Here's our place:

winter

the view from my deck

Fall

Magnifico!!!

I have enjoyed seeing everyone's nice places and cattle. Beautiful homes, lovely scenery made great pictures worthy of showing anywhere or gracing the front of a magazine. Thank you for sharing! You are all to be commended for your hard work that has made these fine places and cattle. Nothing is accomplished without a lot of hard work and a sense of pride in making what you have better. Great job everyone!

creekdrive":2ldvn5q6 said:

Here's our place:

winter

the view from my deck

Fall