Did ya ever sell a place then go back and look at it a few years later and think...

Help Support CattleToday:

The first house we bought was in a subdivision…everything brand new. We lived there a few years and it was pretty nice. Everybody knew each other and there were virtually no privacy fences. All of the yards were just open to each other…neighborhood kids had a blast. Most wound up at our house on Saturdays. I got several to lay down on the concrete driveway one day so I could trace them with sidewalk chalk and they could color themselves into the outlines. They were all pretty small so my driveway looked like a crime scene where a bunch of dwarves were attacked - lol. Drove through there a few years ago and almost everyone has privacy fences - most of which are in pretty crappy shape…it's a shame…it was a pretty nice place when we were there.
It's amazing how people will buy a house and the neighborhood will stay nice for about ten years... and then a few renters move in and the entire area goes downhill.

It's amazing how people will buy a house and the neighborhood will stay nice for about ten years... and then a few renters move in and the entire area goes downhill.
The wife said something about how I should feel bad because I first spread chicken litter across the road and up wind from our neighbor, then a few days later, I lit a bunch of fires and smoked them out. I told her that it was their own fault, they should have had sense enough to move when they found out we bought the place.

My neighborhood has stayed the same for well over 100 years. About 5 miles away in "town" there are some 100 year old places that haven't been occupied in 50 + years. Just little old board houses that look the part. People driving by on the freeway look at that and keep driving which is fine with us.

yea I don't like to look at my other farms I sold. They are not treating them very well. About the way I bought them I guess. Do all that work and watch them revert right back to what they were. terrible.

These one people picked up a place from me..... and where all the field tiles met.. decided to have a big pond dug. Looks like whoever they hired did a pretty terrible job, now after 3 years they updated the satellite again and the pond is "full" of water but isn't finished at all, dirt all over, just a huge huge mess. I'm sure they got into the tile and once some storms hit were screwed pretty good. They are leaving the cows on the tillable land and letting them destroy it in the wet (can see damage from sat)... and the hay fields that I made very lush and green, they are about half dirt / half a pale green. I'd say no fert and cutting it into the ground..

I put in a nice road and instead of staying on the road they cut a diagonal across the grass... I guess it saves them 2 seconds ...

I had really nice new buildings I built... told them where to get the matching metal (they wanted some sides covered) so instead of doing that they just had a guy buy WHITE metal sheets and put them on.. the buildings were tan. So it looks like complete crap.
Anyway.. they destroyed my show piece.. and of course.. buying it.. were the most picky, terrible people you could come across. So picky and now look how they treat it.

The wife said something about how I should feel bad because I first spread chicken litter across the road and up wind from our neighbor, then a few days later, I lit a bunch of fires and smoked them out. I told her that it was their own fault, they should have had sense enough to move when they found out we bought the place.
welcome to the country!