New Years

Help Support CattleToday:

You lost only a year? I don't know what happened to the whole 80s decade..
Evidently, nothing of importance happened then, tho I do seem to remember something about girls with "Big Hair".

I know what you mean. I have my 40th high school reunion coming up in 2024. It don't seem like it has been that long.

You graduated? I had too much learning to do to stay in school.
In my elementary years I learned more from 4-H than school. In middle school more from Boy Scouts. And in high school more from working. But I did learn a lot in college.

Of everything I think the most useful knowledge was from Boy Scouts.

I know what you mean. I have my 40th high school reunion coming up in 2024. It don't seem like it has been that long.
Oor 50th is coming up. Saw some of my class mates at a funeral yesterday, and we were talking about when and where to do it. One guy said, " Hell, don't need to. This is the 4th funeral for one of our classmates since Thanksgiving., All we have to do is send the link to the obituaries to everyone, and we can have multiple reunions each month!"

Last edited:
This was the 30th year for my high school reunion. I've never been to any of them and don't plan on ever going.
I don't care for the drinking occasions and that's bout what it amounts to.
Most of school meant nothing to me, nothing that I want to remember or celebrate for sure.
Had a few good friends back then and several not so good if y'all know what I mean. Everybody kind of went their own way after HS, see a few people around, and keep up with a few on FB.
Ive known of our preacher since we were in high school he was a year ahead of me in school. When it's one or the other of us birthdays, I say I'm trying to keep up with him.
Seems like we ought to still be young skinny kids.
Time flies. It don't seem like it in the day to day, but those days turn to years pretty fast.

Oor 50th is co0ming up. Saw some of my class mates at a funeral yesterday, and we were talking about when and where to do it. One guy said, " Hell, don't need to. This is the 4th funeral for one of our classmates since Thanksgiving., All we have to do is send the link to the obituaries to everyone, and we can have multiple reunions each month!"
I went to my ten year, but not the others. I think I am going to try to make the 40th just to see how many of us are still vertical. I know of a few that have already met their maker. Besides there are a few I would not mind chatting with, others not so much. One of my buddies had a brain aneurysm eight years ago.

My wife and I graduated the same year from the same school, and didn't know each other. Twenty years later we were in the middle of a real estate deal that was the closing from hell and we couldn't get there, several states away. People arranging the reunion called us up and wanted us to come. We told them we couldn't due to the real estate situation. They offered to fly us, to pay for the airline tickets. Again, we told them we were in a deal that we had to stick around for. We never went and the real estate got sold, but we thought it was pretty nice of the folks wanting us to come and willing to pay our way. We just couldn't pass up the payday from the property sale...

Had my 40th this year. Nuthin' like walking into a room full of Botox to realize I have perfected the weathered look :eek:! But most of them were at least a deuce and I'm on the other end of the spectrum, so there's that ;). Actually, I did have fun, in spite of myself.

Don't know if they had one for my 50th in 2021...graduated in 71...... I went to the 10th and the 20th.... haven't been back since... might see if they have a 55th in 2026, and go just for sh!ts and giggles....

I am about to turn 72. My life seems to divide into 36 years before I married and 36 years afterward.
My high school years seem so far away and my rowdy single years seem a blur of someone else's life.
The farm I purchased at age 19 has been the constant of my life. I love the land, the cows, horses and dogs.
Three wonderful grandchildren are the joy of the last few years.
Kind of sad to see the years flying by so swiftly of late, but that is the way life is.
I feel blessed and am thankful. I was allowed to see dreams come true.

My 40th is coming up this summer. Made the 10th and 20th and missed the 30th. Go see who is still kicking. Most of us left town and never made it back.

Latest posts