New Years

Help Support CattleToday:

I graduated in 1969. I went to the 10 year. It was kind of fun. I went to the 40th. Left early and said I might go again in another 40 years. I saw pictures from the 50th. A lot of people there, but nobody I would call a friend or go out of my way to see. I don't look back on those years with an fond memories. The school was the biggest high school in Washington state at that time. Nearly 700 in my graduating class.

Class president saw me after the 10 year reunion and asked why I didn't attend. I told him tht there was no one there that I wanted to see.

It will be the same at the 50 year reunion next year.

I haven't been to any of them.

But this thread is about the new year and it's about time to go to bed to ring in the new one.

Have never been to a hgh school reunion, but I have seen pictures from (I think it was) the 40th. All I can say is the young pretty girls all got old and 'large', and I've weathered better than most of the ones I saw pics of. Graduating class of '68 was over 1000. I've outlived most of 'em according to their alumni website.

Went to a small school. The law(?) said I had to do 12 years. I served my 12 years, walked out of
there in 71 and never looked back.
In 3 hrs and 50 minutes the new year starts.

I have to count my fingers and toes over twice to count back to my HS graduation. I have to think hard to even remember the year. I went to a small school and if we had a reunion maybe 5 would show up. Some of the folks I graduated with have changed so much, especially physically, I don't even know them.

Last edited:
It's been a running joke for years now, but Contrary to popular lore in recent years, my graduating class of 1968 from Robert E Lee high school did NOT include William F Gibbons. He, did graduate in 1968 at Robert E Lee high school, but it was in Houston, not Baytown Texas. (You probably don't recognize that name but will recognize him on the right, below.)

billiygib.jpg

Latest posts