New Years

Help Support CattleToday:

Have never been to a hgh school reunion, but I have seen pictures from (I think it was) the 40th. All I can say is the young pretty girls all got old and 'large', and I've weathered better than most of the ones I saw pics of. Graduating class of '68 was over 1000. I've outlived most of 'em according to their alumni website.
My dad told me and my brothers that all those beauty queens in high school top out early. Some of those plainer look ladies really blossom with some age, so don't get dazzled by a pretty face.

Don't know if they had one for my 50th in 2021...graduated in 71...... I went to the 10th and the 20th.... haven't been back since... might see if they have a 55th in 2026, and go just for sh!ts and giggles....

I have to count my fingers and toes over twice to count back to my HS graduation. I have to think hard to even remember the year. I went to a small school and if we had a reunion maybe 5 would show up. Some of the folks I graduated with have changed so much, especially physically, I don't even know them.
Yeah. It is strange how I look the same but everyone else has gotten old. LOL.

It's been a running joke for years now, but Contrary to popular lore in recent years, my graduating class of 1968 from Robert E Lee high school did NOT include William F Gibbons. He, did graduate in 1968 at Robert E Lee high school, but it was in Houston, not Baytown Texas. (You probably don't recognize that name but will recognize him on the right, below.)

View attachment 38924
There was a Robert E Lee high school here in Staunton Va until the politically correct a$$holes said it was "racist" and changed it a couple years ago... Took away the "status" of the the Lee-Jackson day that was a holiday celebrated with Martin Luther King day.... and now they want to rename about any/everything that was associated with the confederacy..... Understand, I was born a Yankee.... but this part of HISTORY.... and most blacks around this area do NOT have the problem with the names and such that the white liberals keep shoving down their throat.... Changing all these names and taking down all the statues is not going to change the past... and even takes away the reminders of how much GOOD has come about with the ending of the "war between the states"....

Jeanne, I remember when my dad went to his 60th for Irving TX high school. He and mom had a great time even though they only had 9 participants.

For me, our class quit having them after the 20th. Probably a good thing as half the crowd still looked down at us beer drinking cowboys that got a little too rowdy. Like Greybeard said, the pretty girls when we graduated were not so pretty, over weight and divorced. One gal that got all the boys attention was drop dead gorgeous after being a nerdy plain Jane in school. She aged well.
I don't think I would go to another one if they had it.

Jeanne, I remember when my dad went to his 60th for Irving TX high school. He and mom had a great time even though they only had 9 participants.

For me, our class quit having them after the 20th. Probably a good thing as half the crowd still looked down at us beer drinking cowboys that got a little too rowdy. Like Greybeard said, the pretty girls when we graduated were not so pretty, over weight and divorced. One gal that got all the boys attention was drop dead gorgeous after being a nerdy plain Jane in school. She aged well.
I don't think I would go to another one if they had it.
Right now, they are up to 80 people confirmed (including spouses).

If I was a fit and looked as good as @Jeanne - Simme Valley does in the show cattle pictures, I would want to go to every single one they have and show my stuff.... Good for her
Thank you. I am proud of how agile I still am. Still can put knee boots on, stand on one leg and tuck the genes into each one. I think I have great balance and I owe that to all the ruts/footprints I have to balance through walking to check cows!!! We have a great lifestyle!!!

Latest posts