Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

Help Support CattleToday:

shaz":3odj5w89 said:
Hard as be nice to drink beer and drive a zero-turn ya know.

Ain't that the truth. I don't even know why they put cup holders the mower when they know there is no way in the world you can use it so its just like the punishment of Tantalus.

My husband and I do not carry, but there is always one quite close by when we are anywhere but our day jobs. We are avid hunters, have a nice arsenal built up and my husband reconditions/cleans guns as a side job. If the meth problem in our area gets much worse, we, along with most of my family will conceal carry. About 2 years ago, we had one of those instances that makes you really think. My husband and I had just gone to bed (about 11p) when we thought we heard strange sounds. Then we heard the distinct sound of high heels clicking across the kitchen floor. My husband grabbed a handgun he was cleaning for a friend from our bedroom closet and opened the door to the hall. He put a 45 cal about 4 inches from the girl's nose. She actually stood there arguing with him about where her friend Ashley was (who had lived there about 5 years prior). She was so drunk/high she did not even realize how close to dead she was! When the looser driving her around noticed the gun, he got her out of there, but had the balls to tell my husband to "chill man". I checked on my daughter down the hall and found that the scum had actually went into her room (door was opened and shouldn't have been)! To say they were lucky that it wasn't me holding the gun was an understatement! I hope to never have to hurt someone in that manner, but if it is me and mine or them, it will do my best to make sure it is them!

Caustic Burno":1oj7vvjx said:
littletom":1oj7vvjx said:
If I felt like I had to pack a gun for my safety mowing my yard. I think I would throw in the towel and move.

You must live in a very sheltered place or your eyes are closed to what is happening in this country.
We have nearly lost an entire generation to opioids or meth.
Never thought I would see the day half the church is packin including the ladies.
I know of no one that lives in my area that isn't carrying, if you dial 911 it will be half an hour at best before help arrives. That is just the two legged varmits we are ate up with rattlesnake as well.

Sheltered call what you want. I have had a loaded gun pointed at me 3 times been shot at once. A gun got me out of a deadly situation once. I still will not carry for defense in my daily actions. Knowing I am going to be dealing with bottom feeders maybe, mowing my yard hardly. Two of those people really made me angry I am glad I was not packing. The third scared the turds out of me glad I was not packing. I know a lot of people who carry that have no business doing so. They pull that gun out something bad will happen, scared will take over common sense goes out the window. I use to keep one in the trucks for varmits and dead beats. I have four farm trucks the h2a boys and me are in and out of them all day. If I forgot and left one in there and they got caught big mess! So I just put them up for hunting. Right to carry is everyones right and I'm all for it. I have a safe full of guns. Also my right not too. Maybe i'll get lucky and not get in the cross fire while everyone is shooting each other. Sheltered hardly

Son of Butch":olrbkndm said:
Typo .... Weed & Feed.... faster growth = more time mowing
Change subject I hate mowing the yard. If it wasn't for wife and mud, I would of swung in with sprayer last week when doing burn down on crop ground.

littletom":1z09f8t5 said:
Son of Butch":1z09f8t5 said:
Typo .... Weed & Feed.... faster growth = more time mowing
Change subject I hate mowing the yard. If it wasn't for wife and mud, I would of swung in with sprayer last week when doing burn down on crop ground.
I've lived in places that had bare ground before--not completely..just enough that most of yur mowing left you concealed in a big cloud of dust. Weren't fun. I've seen places out near Odessa Tx and Elk City Oklahoma that people actually painted the dirt yards green. Google 'turf paint'.
spray-grass.jpg

I can tell you this I've been robbed by a guy with a knife at a gas station. Won't happen again. And before the resident liberal says is someone's life worth taking over material things? If it's mine you won't take it from me. Did yall see the video from last week were the guy shot that poor old guy point blank walking down the street ? Keep the wool pulled over your eyes and end up a victim.

I have kept quiet but gotta chime in now. I really do wish I could live in a place where I wouldn't lock my doors. I just can't sell everything and move. I lock the doors if I go into a store to get a drink. Lock up the house and also the deadbolts. The drugs have taken over here and nothing is being done about it.
I carry 99.9% of the time and most people never know. For the guys that seen me at the Farm Show in KY, how many of you noticed I was Carrying? Just because you are prepared doesn't mean you have to show it off. I will protect myself and my family and don't intend to have my things stolen.

I carry about all the time.
Something that really got my attention several years ago, is that after 9/11/2001 some of the terrorists fled the north and headed south on 67 hwy through Missouri. They passed within a hundred yards of my home. If they had car trouble,ran out of gas etc . I really doubt they would have politely asked to use my phone. I have no doubt that some of the worst people in the world travel that highway.

Sure I have never had a problem, but then my house hasn't burned either, but I still carry insurance.

I always carry concealed, but this conversation got my to thinking I should open carry my Colt trooper when I'm working in the yard. Maybe it will stop the Jehovah's witnesses from interrupting me while im mowing :cboy:

I don't more than I do. But like being able to when I want to carry. Like many things it just depends on circumstances.
Gives me a feeling of security when I want it.
Realistically I know if someone gets 'the drop' on me I cannot draw faster than they can shoot.
When I went to the the concealed carry class the cop teaching it was emphatic that we should carry all the time.
But it is just too much trouble to carry all the time or even most of the time.
In my vehicle is a different story. It is always right there.

Ryder":17exifus said:
I don't more than I do. But like being able to when I want to carry. Like many things it just depends on circumstances.
Realistically I know if someone gets 'the drop' on me I cannot draw faster than they can shoot.
When I went to the the concealed carry class the cop teaching it was emphatic that we should carry all the time.

You never know when a snake is going to attack, there sneaky.

Ryder":3fn30btt said:

I carry all the time on the farm Ruger SP 101 357 three 158 grains two snake shot. Cool or cold 1911 45 acp hot weather Colt Pony in 380 acp.

Problem solved. Nothing runs like a Deere 'cepting of course the guy leaving your lawn if you own one of these. :lol2:

f4d2566f480a86ee6bd82dfae9751bef.jpg

Jogeephus":cz1w1hzq said:
Problem solved. Nothing runs like a Deere 'cepting of course the guy leaving your lawn if you own one of these. :lol2:

Need that mounted on the tractor for hogs, I would hate to clean it everyday.
I have tried and failed at every attempt to keep a rifle on the tractor that didn't get filled with sand no matter the case.
That is the reason for the SP101 just wish they would make it in 22 mag.

Caustic Burno":20t3fgua said:
Jogeephus":20t3fgua said:

Need that mounted on the tractor for hogs, I would hate to clean it everyday.
I have tried and failed at every attempt to keep a rifle on the tractor that didn't get filled with sand no matter the case.
That is the reason for the SP101 just wish they would make it in 22 mag.

I need one of these too. Don't know why but I know I need one. For your tractor I'd suggest a Dillon M134. I believe that would be your best bet for hogs.

Wow. I'm 49 and have never been in a situation where I wished I had a gun.

I'm not saying things can't happen where I live,and I know things can happen anytime, but I guess it's not here to a point that I feel unsafe if I do t have a gun. I guess I still live in a little Mayberry town, an I am thankful for it.

Since we've left the lawns and are no longer mowing grass I'll share what happened to me week before last.

Was walking in a store early Monday morning to get a cup of coffee when this fella pushed me to the side and told me to get my dam white azz out of his way. I don't know what got in me but something didn't set right with me about this. Not sure if it was his utter rudeness, or my memory of standing behind him in the cashier line waiting on him to decide which lottery ticket he was going to buy, or maybe it was this racial slur, or his curse, or maybe it was his physically pushing me, or maybe I was just ill. Not sure what it was but something set me off and I lost my ordinary cool demeanor and said something to him. One thing led to the next and things escalated and a few cases of water were knocked on the floor along with other things. But after I finished serving him a good dose of his own azz and running him out the store I looked around half expecting the clerks to be on the phone with 911 but instead the two clerks were smiling like two mules eating briars and they gave me a free cup of coffee when I left. Apparently I made their day but mine was ruined.

Later that day I dropped by the store again and the next shift was working and they asked if I was the guy from that morning. I blushed and admitted I was and apologized but they both gave me the thumbs up and one even thanked me and my day started to improve. I don't like stuff like this but apparently the general consensus is this guy needed what he got even though a bullet behind the ear might have been more appropriate.

Latest posts