Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo":ez6mgnbj said:
Bright Raven":ez6mgnbj said:
Caustic Burno":ez6mgnbj said:
Never seen a pit that wasn't a target seems like the lower the IQ of the person attracts ownership.
That breed is the most dumped here 10 to 1.

If it is ok to generalize on the subject, I agree. Seems that people who have a chip on their shoulders own pit bulls and to make it worse, seems it is a reflection of their personality. They think their tough and they want a dog that compliments that. I see a pit bull and I immediately raise my guard.

I've never had a negative encounter with a Pit Bull but I was once accosted by a Blue Heeler this hillbilly cattleman I know turned out on me.

:cboy:
It was your personality that set him off.

The drugheads and gangster wantabees are majority owners here.
Buzzards get a bunch around here every year.
Neighbor and his wife were attacked unsuccessfully last year by 4 some one had dumped.
See lots chained to cinder blocks in front yards in the county.

Bright Raven":tdmtc9sg said:
TennesseeTuxedo":tdmtc9sg said:
Bright Raven":tdmtc9sg said:
If it is ok to generalize on the subject, I agree. Seems that people who have a chip on their shoulders own pit bulls and to make it worse, seems it is a reflection of their personality. They think their tough and they want a dog that compliments that. I see a pit bull and I immediately raise my guard.

I've never had a negative encounter with a Pit Bull but I was once accosted by a Blue Heeler this hillbilly cattleman I know turned out on me.

:cboy:
It was your personality that set him off.

Lol, no doubt.

TennesseeTuxedo":2bahtafc said:
I've never had a negative encounter with a Pit Bull
I haven't either, or with a Rottweiler. Still have the scars and nerve damage from a chow though. It's more of a reflection on society that back in the "Our Gang" days pits were a popular family dog, now they are considered devils.
Not just to be contrary but both pit bulls and Rottweilers are 2 of my favorite breeds, right along side of Basset Hounds and Springer Spaniels.

Caustic Burno":3wuwv7v6 said:
The drugheads and gangster wantabees are majority owners here.
Buzzards get a bunch around here every year.
Neighbor and his wife were attacked unsuccessfully last year by 4 some one had dumped.
See lots chained to cinder blocks in front yards in the county.
Was their doghouse an old gutted Magnavox console TV---or a chest freezer turned on it's side?

mazooka2.jpg

shaz":2dvuadm4 said:
Hard as be nice to drink beer and drive a zero-turn ya know.

We bought a Country Clipper one hand outfit a few years ago. So long as I keep Bud Light longnecks in the shop fridge, Dad keeps up with the mowing. :banana:

So, it is really that bad where some of you live that you don't feel safe unless you are packing?

Like I said before, I don't have my head in the sand and think that every place in the u.s. Is Mayberry; I watch the news, but gee whiz, I assumed there were many, many places that were nice, calm places to live without constant fear of violence.

What about others here from KY, is it that bad where you are too?

I think the mallow crop disaster was more in the Carolinas and north. We had a bumper crop and the peanuts are heavy on the trees this year as well.

We start harvesting mallows tomorrow...hope we finish before the frost arrives otherwise it's gonna be a disaster. Good luck with your peanut crop Jo, hope the laden tree branches don't break.

alisonb":2z93crk4 said:
We start harvesting mallows tomorrow...hope we finish before the frost arrives otherwise it's gonna be a disaster. Good luck with your peanut crop Jo, hope the laden tree branches don't break.

Thanks, but if they do we will just use them to smoke meat with. Lemonade from lemons eh!?

alisonb":pr2gpw7w said:

BTW, did you know you can even ferment lemonade? Great beverage to have the mower. Keeps you well hydrated and if some crazy person comes out and drags you off the mower and ravages you the experience will be quite pleasant.

18058006_1709415886022970_3790540810308943757_n.jpg

Jogeephus":3mxevccn said:
alisonb":3mxevccn said:

BTW, did you know you can even ferment lemonade? Great beverage to have the mower. Keeps you well hydrated and if some crazy person comes out and drags you off the mower and ravages you the experience will be quite pleasant.

18058006_1709415886022970_3790540810308943757_n.jpg

:D

herofan said:
So, it is really that bad where some of you live that you don't feel safe unless you are packing?

Like I said before, I don't have my head in the sand and think that every place in the u.s. Is Mayberry; I watch the news, but gee whiz, I assumed there were many, many places that were nice, calm places to live without constant fear of violence.

What about others here from KY, is it that bad where you are too?[/quote]

There are a lot of people turning to drugs. Candidly, most are harmless. Their only motivation is satisfying their drug needs. Their most common crime is theft not assault or homicide. Nevertheless, if only one homicide occurs in a 10 year period and you are the victim, that is the only statistic that matters!!@

herofan":2fv4kr6b said:

Where I am its real spotty. Right here it's not really bad at all. Couple houses got broke into last year by crack heads they caught them and turned back out it a week. Neighbor had a utv stole out of his yard last fall. But nothing crazy just dead beats feeding there habbit. Extreme other end of county its a lot worse than here with stealing and drugs. But hardly hear of someone holding up a stranger or attacking them. We have prolly one shooting a year and a few assaults. But I bet 99% of these know each other and something else has got out of hand. I mind my business and stay out of others and have few problems.

herofan":170acxrq said:

NOt from KY but carry becasue you never know in these times. I don;t expect to need it but I'm prepared. Just like I don;t expect to have an accident but I carry insurance just in case.

dun":2ztaw4oe said:
herofan":2ztaw4oe said:

NOt from KY but carry becasue you never know in these times. I don;t expect to need it but I'm prepared. Just like I don;t expect to have an accident but I carry insurance just in case.

What you say makes perfect sense, and others here have made good comments as well. If only one homicide happens in 10 years and I'm it, that's all that will matter to me.

I guess random violence around here just isn't common enough that I have ever felt the need. As I mentioned before, I'm 49 and was never in a situation where I felt I would have felt safer if I had a gun.

I have a question, and it's probably an uninformed one, but where do you guys carry your guns when out in public in the summer when not wearing a jacket?

herofan":396kt2pr said:
I have a question, and it's probably an uninformed one, but where do you guys carry your guns when out in public in the summer when not wearing a jacket?

When I'm not mowing the grass and I make the choice to carry one it goes in my back pocket in a wallet holster. You would think its a wallet. It even feels like a wallet and you don't even know its there. Its not the most accurate firearm in the world but its would serve its purpose is someone got in my space.

Latest posts