You know you’re from the sticks when…

Help Support CattleToday:

Did anybody else's newspaper have gossip columns?

Bill and Sally Johnson had supper at John and Mary Nelson's on Friday night. They had roast beef and mashed potatoes. A good time was had by all.
Yep that's the way the one paper in the county was.

Although the percentage covered by water is greater, Canada is at least 23 times larger than California with a lesser total population.
I have always enjoyed traveling and visiting relatives (10 generations) up there. It can be formidable distances between stops but
mostly I remember the kindness of family and new acquaintances. Yes, it's big and No I would not care to get lost. and no, I don't think
of it as 'the sticks' and before some Smart A brings it up the 10 generations did not meet one Boxing Day!

Bill and Sally Johnson had supper at John and Mary Nelson's on Friday night. They had roast beef and mashed potatoes. A good time was had by all.
Yes, every church/mail route/community had one just as you described!

We are 45 miles to Cheyenne, 40 to Torrington and 55 to Scottsbluff, Nebraska. Those are the nearest places to get groceries. But we have fiber optic internet service at the house.

What do you want to see or do? Couple nice golf courses, lots of irrigated ag, be happy to show you our little outfit and maybe some of the neighbors bigger outfit.

Pronghorn out during the day, mule deer and white tail is hit or miss and usually dawn and dusk, coyotes now and then, bobcats are around but never seen one, rattlesnakes now and then. Lots of hawks and a few sharptail grouse. Neighbors have seen a few elk, but I haven't seen them on us and I'm fine with that.

Did, long ago. The lawyers would have a field day with defamation lawsuits nowadays.

Our local rag and the local radio station still has this, but instead of "gossip column", it is called "community correspondence".

For those of you who don't know, there is a whopping difference between the two.

Our local rag and the local radio station still has this, but instead of "gossip column", it is called "community correspondence".

For those of you who don't know, there is a whopping difference between the two.

Same here. There's a different article for each little community in the area; probably 8-10.

Latest posts