Packin Heat when mowing the lawn

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7":l30klje6 said:
My oldest when he's not at the station has a landscaping and mowing business.
He also has a little kubota and mows some acerage.
He was shredding some property in the country and some guys pulled up and asked where Craig was.
He told them he hasn't seen him.
They said I know your Craig and we want our money.
This went back and forth until he pulled out his drivers license and showed them he wasn't Craig.
He told me he'd never be in that position again and got his CHL
While I do like the idea of CC, pulling a gun on 2 people who probably also have them isn't a winning proposition... I'm glad he used his brains to get out of it and they used theirs.

Bigfoot":1mfe400i said:
I've dropped my daughter off at some function, and I'm parked on the side of a busy street anxiously waiting her return. The clientele walking past my truck makes me wish I had my fowling piece, and a box of double ought, instead of this single six.

You're in a truck with a pistol yet your daughter walks amoungst them?

TennesseeTuxedo":3v202bc3 said:
Bigfoot":3v202bc3 said:
I've dropped my daughter off at some function, and I'm parked on the side of a busy street anxiously waiting her return. The clientele walking past my truck makes me wish I had my fowling piece, and a box of double ought, instead of this single six.

LOL
Excellent point TT. Proving Bigfoot doesn't carry so much for protection, but more by an inner desire to thin the herd
to conform to his standards. :)
(Bigfoot... I'm not saying that's all bad either... but stick to the double ought)

Jogeephus":1uyqe1fz said:
I don't but I always carry a bottle of whiskey and a MOAB in my pocket whenever I'm mowing the grass and whoever I encounter can either drink with me or die with me. Its their choice.

Most eventful thing that ever happened to me while mowing grass was a woman came out of nowhere and drug me in the house and had her way with me. I told her No, Don't, Stop but she ravaged me like I was just some man toy and left me so tired I couldn't finish mowing the grass and to throw salt on the wound she drank the last of my whiskey and rendered my MOAB useless for a good spell.

Strange times we live in.
Yes siree, my Ex does get around. :)

Son of Butch":1xu9hso7 said:
Jogeephus":1xu9hso7 said:
I don't but I always carry a bottle of whiskey and a MOAB in my pocket whenever I'm mowing the grass and whoever I encounter can either drink with me or die with me. Its their choice.

Most eventful thing that ever happened to me while mowing grass was a woman came out of nowhere and drug me in the house and had her way with me. I told her No, Don't, Stop but she ravaged me like I was just some man toy and left me so tired I couldn't finish mowing the grass and to throw salt on the wound she drank the last of my whiskey and rendered my MOAB useless for a good spell.

Yes siree, my Ex does get around. :)

Its getting better. :lol2:

TennesseeTuxedo":3tx31n1z said:
Bigfoot":3tx31n1z said:

Ahhhhhh we mock that which we do not understand.

I dropped her in the front door, and drove to a parking space. The way I was dressed would have actually caused trouble. Best I just stayed low.

Bigfoot":2h9d2bda said:
I dropped her in the front door, and drove to a parking space. The way I was dressed would have actually caused trouble. Best I just stayed low.

You drove and dropped your daughter off at a function in your red drop leaf longjohns?

If I felt like I had to pack a gun for my safety mowing my yard. I think I would throw in the towel and move.

Jogeephus":1s3peo62 said:

Strange indeed Jo. I've of late, come to the conclusion, that if I had a dollar for every woman that found me unattractive, they'd find me attractive...

littletom":3v1gms9y said:
If I felt like I had to pack a gun for my safety mowing my yard. I think I would throw in the towel and move.

I don't think a rattlesnake, dog, coon or any other varmint that needs killing will wait on me to get back with a gun while I'm mowing the yard. There's a olé saying that directly relates to packing heat, " I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it " As a matter of fact, I got to walk outside and kill a coon right now.

littletom":3ihm8m1t said:

You must live in a very sheltered place or your eyes are closed to what is happening in this country.
We have nearly lost an entire generation to opioids or meth.
Never thought I would see the day half the church is packin including the ladies.
I know of no one that lives in my area that isn't carrying, if you dial 911 it will be half an hour at best before help arrives. That is just the two legged varmits we are ate up with rattlesnake as well.

Bigfoot":hf19r30a said:
TennesseeTuxedo":hf19r30a said:
Bigfoot":hf19r30a said:

Ahhhhhh we mock that which we do not understand.

Nobody mocked you tiny.

Till now.

Seatbelts, life jackets, and a good concealed handgun........If you need one and don't have it, there's a good chance you'll never need one again.

Carry a gun mowing???
We don't even lock our house when we go on vacation for a couple of weeks.
The parents of the children around here were raised by us, are a reflection of us, and wouldn't do anything to hurt their grandparents or make anyone ashamed of them.
No generation of meth heads around here.
I know people move in to an area, but maybe some should look at how they raised their children and how they themselves act.
Heck, 911 may not even show up the same day they're called around here.
What kind of example did you set? Maybe all the gun carrying and fear around you guys isn't helping things. This will, I sure, PO a bunch of you. Please don't shoot me. gs

greybeard":1dnxhv2y said:
Strange indeed Jo. I've of late, come to the conclusion, that if I had a dollar for every woman that found me unattractive, they'd find me attractive...

:lol2: :lol2: Funny how that works. Its sortof like when a man drinks a beer for every ugly woman in a bar before long they are all pretty. Or so I've been told.