How Youtube is changing the world

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":3s7o9m44 said:
cowgirl8":3s7o9m44 said:
groped by a bunch of old farts.....

Old farts need a good groping every now and then......
There are youtubes for that....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Amu5K38vZ_0
Excuse the language in this one. I may try it, although, i can see myself laughing the first couple times. Might not work on old guys though, they may be use to the other old people around them who've had stroke looking like this. May take the opportunity of groping thinking the person is frozen...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wRXa971Xw0

branguscowgirl":323lslve said:
Do people get paid for number of views of their youtube videos?
Yes, if you monotize them. I get around 30 a month so far for mine. Google pays once the amount reaches 100. Thats why i started making instructional videos. Its how people learn now.

cowgirl8":1wrrolyw said:
branguscowgirl":1wrrolyw said:
Do people get paid for number of views of their youtube videos?
Yes, if you monotize them. I get around 30 a month so far for mine. Google pays once the amount reaches 100. Thats why i started making instructional videos. Its how people learn now.
So is this why you started this thread to draw attention to your videos so you can get paid???????

I didnt link any did i? The few here arent going to do much in the form of views. You have to have lots of views. My views so far are 1,339,292 views. Whats boggles my mind is that i have 184 subscribers. I have no idea what that means other than people get notified when i post a new video.

No , but you have linked them in the past . So a new thread pop s up and mentions you.....tube several. Hundred times it is a result on a google search. In that search cowgirl8 is in there so yes my dear it is advertizing

If i agonize over buying something that i want to know how it works before i buy, i'll search youtube and see if anyone gives video reviews on it. My husband does this for equipment attachments. Just about anything you buy to run with a tractor or a CTL, you can watch on youtube before you decide to get it. If it doesnt work, someone who is mad that they bought it will make a review on why its not good to them, but on the other hand if someone is really happy at how something works they also make reviews..

You do know that the vast majority of reviews are from people that are dissatisfied with a product and it is estimated that less than 1% actually take the time to do a review. So around 99% are satisfied or don't feel the need to be a critic.
I'm not knocking the usefulness of utube I use it too. But.I see a lot of falicy in a lot of them because the majority of the posters are not experts they have a camera and want to impress their friends and try to make money.sad but true.

If i'm really happy with a product i will make a video of why i like it. I show it in use, how i use it and how good it works. Didnt do it for money at first, just thought that before i tried what i reviewed i wished i had been able to see it work and its limitations for my needs.. I dont do it to voice my opinion or to show off to my friends(most of my friends have no idea i have youtubes). I do it to help people see the product in use and how its used. I have to be overjoyed with a product to make a video of it.....
The best ever is a viral video. Those dont happen often, but if your video goes viral you better hope you clicked the monetize box...I had one go semi viral and didnt know about the money until someone told me. It had around 500,000 hits when i monetized it. I have one, a tip on tile cracks, that is moving pretty fast. I was the first to put this suggestion on youtube and i can tell when someone links it to a page because the hits will jump. Once a video gets thousands of hits, people are more willing to watch...so its a waiting game. I linked my invisible wireless fence video here because i thought people might be interested in seeing how good it works on 'cow' dogs. Didnt do it for money, like i said, you gotta have viral videos to make money. That one is going to have limited viewers and in fact shows just how good it works..
If anyone is interested in making a couple bucks a month, i suggest making youtubes. Heck, you watch them, why not make money off them? If you have internet and a smart phone, you're set......lights camera action...

cowgirl8, Watched your tile vid, kinda putting lipstick on a pig eh? I'm sure your tile was not put down with any anti-fracture. Of course that protects against lateral movement not deflection (does not always work though). Alas I'm sure you know more about laying tile than me.

I 'm pretty sure your "viral" vid only got any play due to the title. You know horse people, anything that is titled "beating a horse with a stick" catches their attention. Good marketing though!

Now only if you can get paid from the most CT posts in the shortest amount of time........

Not sure that underlayment was around 25 years ago. I'd replace the tile if i could find it. I had a storage of it from when we put the tile in but tiled a hallway. The drought of 2011 caused this crack. Now, I could live with the crack running through the entrance of my kitchen, or, i could do what i did. We've removed a 7x10 space of this tile about 10 years ago so that i could install a mozaic i made and it took 2 days to jackhammer it out. This tile is in and will stay in. BTW, read reviews on these new types of underlayments and you'll find they are not fool proof. They have their own set of problems.
So you dont see the positives of fixing tile for pennies? I dunno, i found not seeing that big crack every time i walk into our kitchen a relief. I'm sure i'm not the only one.

like i said, you gotta have viral videos to make money.
Or a LOT of them. That's how websites make a few $ on their ads--they get a lot of views just because of the large membership #s. I'm on another board with about 50,000 members, about 30,000 active any given day and 2 small ad spots. The owner makes about $2000/month (he says). With youtube, a contributor with a large # of videos across a wide spectrum of different subject matter will see more revenue simply because the total # of people are searching for information and see the search results, and of course, the more hits any particular search sees, the higher up that entry gets in the search result page.

Just to set the record straight, yes they had cement backer board (tile underlayment) 25 years ago, as well as numerous other isolation membranes available for both concrete and wood subfloors. Been around since about the early 70's if I recall correctly, and in common use by the early 80's. Before that, wood sub-floors (properly installed) were mudded before installing tile .

I haven't watched the vid, nor do I intend to. Sounds like you found a band-aid for your problem that you can live with. That's fine, but that doesn't make it a proper fix from an industry standpoint.

CottageFarm":1u1ffcv3 said:
I haven't watched the vid, nor do I intend to. Sounds like you found a band-aid for your problem that you can live with. That's fine, but that doesn't make it a proper fix from an industry standpoint.
And might i ask what the industry would do to 3 cracked tile that cannot be replaced sitting in the middle of a highly visible area?

tater74":338mfeo6 said:
I find it hard to believe that your friends don't know that you have YouTube videos. Your nonstop bragging on has got to be a habit outside your rich online fantasy life.
What do i friggen brag about, the 30ish bucks i make off youtube? Anyone can do that..... :lol2: Is the the amount of money i saved fixing my tile with fingernail polish, or hey, how about all that rich fantasy money i save by using my old dish soapy water to kill wasp instead of using a can of raid...I mean really, how in the he!! can what i say or do be considered bragging. Now if i were posting about bulls and naming names like you guys, thats what i consider bragging....

Like I said, you found a solution that makes you happy, so it doesn't matter what a professional would have done. I'd have to see the problem before offering a solution to a client, but I can pretty much guarantee it would cost more than nail polish. We have a few tricks up our respective sleeves...but hey, that's why they pay us the big bucks, right. :lol:
Let it go, you're happy with your solution, and that's really all that matters. Knowing how important knowledge is to you, I simply wanted to correct your misconception about whether backer board was available 25 years ago. I thought you might find this tidbit of information useful.

Latest posts