How Youtube is changing the world

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
You can learn to do anything on youtube. If you are like my husband and i, all we need to do to learn most things is to watch how someone else does them. We've used youtube many times to see how someone else did this or that. I learned how to rewax beehive frames, decorate cookies and most recently to twerk. Our daughter learned how to get a tarantula out of its hole, husband uses it all the time for mechanic work. In return, we've made youtubes on the things we know.
What are the things some of you have learned off youtube? Do any of you have instructional youtubes? I often wonder what this will do to people who give lessons for this and that will be effected.
This mornings lesson is how to ombre a wall..

cowgirl8":1p6aogpm said:
... We've used youtube many times to see how someone else did this or that. I learned how to rewax beehive frames, decorate cookies and most recently to twerk....
So, you got some pretty good twerk skills?

ga.prime":44jqal9x said:
cowgirl8":44jqal9x said:
... We've used youtube many times to see how someone else did this or that. I learned how to rewax beehive frames, decorate cookies and most recently to twerk....
So, you got some pretty good twerk skills?
You just never know when bustin out a twerk will be needed. I've tried for years and almost decided my skin was too pale. Just needed a lesson. Not hard at all, thanks to YouTube

Cg8, I haven't opened one of your post in months. Setting here with my first cup of coffee this morning I see; YouTube is changing the world, so I made the mistake of opening it, I read through the threads with the thought of twerk in my mind, what is twerk? Mistake number two, I googled twerk now I'm sitting half pizzed off at myself only two sips of coffee in me wondering WTF did I open that thread for when I knew better. :mad: a image I did not ever need or want from you.

Alan":1ywx5hib said:
Cg8, I haven't opened one of your post in months. Setting here with my first cup of coffee this morning I see; YouTube is changing the world, so I made the mistake of opening it, I read through the threads with the thought of twerk in my mind, what is twerk? Mistake number two, I googled twerk now I'm sitting half pizzed off at myself only two sips of coffee in me wondering WTF did I open that thread for when I knew better. :mad: a image I did not ever need or want from you.
:lol: :lol: Learning to "twerk" from someone that is doing it all wrong is like learning spanish from a mexican man with a hairlip. :lol2: :lol2:

Alan":10izi6nk said:

It good that you get to know that term, because dem ducks gonna be twerking when the Noles defense hits them !!!!!

M5farm":2qxjnptk said:
Alan":2qxjnptk said:

It good that you get to know that term, because dem ducks gonna be twerking when the Noles defense hits them !!!!!

I can see you're a bit tweaked about your noles having to finally face a real football team. :lol:

I use the video's all the time to see how to dissemble pistols and rifles. It tells me things to do but also things not to do. A world of knowledge that I could never remember otherwise.
And I have no idea what a tweak, twerk, twink, whatever those are.

kenny thomas":6fvfer29 said:
I use the video's all the time to see how to dissemble pistols and rifles. It tells me things to do but also things not to do. A world of knowledge that I could never remember otherwise.
My husband uses it for guns also. I've spent the drive to Home Depot watching how to paint clouds youtubes....with husband, of course, driving..
I hate not knowing how to do things and once tried twerking and it seemed impossible. It was driving me crazy that a simple move was so impossible and i looked so awkward trying to do it. Thanks to youtube, its no longer. Twerking is a dance move and its a move i'm built for, nuffsaid..............

images

cowgirl8":33d3c0xl said:
kenny thomas":33d3c0xl said:
My husband uses it for guns also. I've spent the drive to Home Depot watching how to paint clouds youtubes....with husband, of course, driving..
I hate not knowing how to do things and once tried twerking and it seemed impossible. It was driving me crazy that a simple move was so impossible and i looked so awkward trying to do it. Thanks to youtube, its no longer. Twerking is a dance move and its a move i'm built for, nuffsaid..............

A natural born "pole dancer". :lol2:

If you like making cakes and have trouble decorating them, youtube is the best. There are thousands of demonstrations of how to do everything there is to icing a cake. If i wanted to take lessons, i'd have to drive 70 miles round trip. With youtube i have it as i need it, for what i'm doing at that moment and hundreds of people demoing it.
I did at one time, take lessons for stained glass making. It was like 5 classes an hour each. All i needed was to have someone show me how to set the pattern out, what tools to use and how to solder, just show me, let me watch you do it once. Instead i had to pay and sit through classes having things explained slowly. My brain just doesnt work that way. After the first class, i learned all i needed. Second class i did have one question and had the small project she assigned us finished, and another with 250 pieces cut, foiled and most of it soldered. The question i had was part of the project was to overhang the metal frame for an abstract effect, i didnt know how to go abouts affixing it for strength. I bet there is a youtube for that now.

For the posters who are making cookies this holiday season, check out the youtubes for Royal icing. If you ever wanted to know how people did the fancy perfectly iced cookies. its so so easy. I made some baby feet in pink and blue for one of my daughters gender reveal party. Want to know what a gender reveal party is, search youtube..lol

Latest posts