Black Hereford

Help Support CattleToday:

Raven your registered numbers doesn't even consist of 5% of the cattle in Texas much less the nation.
Black hide today doesn't mean near as much as thirty years ago.
Everything is black dang near

I will make you a deal, if your Brahman agree to ride in the baggage hold, we will issue each one a parachute and kick them out over Texas and you can have them.

Bright Raven":25ivq7zq said:
I will make you a deal, if your Brahman agree to ride in the baggage hold, we will issue each one a parachute and kick them out over Texas and you can have them.
So you concede you can not genetically prove your argument.
Unless you are willing to concede all other black breeds are Angus and CAB
Certifiable.
Don't think so ain't happening.
To be CAB they should have to be at least 50% Angus.

Caustic Burno":1kb5k2ts said:
Bright Raven":1kb5k2ts said:
Certifiable.

CB, Certified Angus Beef is a Trademark. It is a marketing instrument. Like Ivermectin is sold as Ivomec. If you read the CAB website you will discover that the criteria does not require it to be "certified angus". The CAB criteria are based on the characteristics of the meat, not the breed.

Everyone on this forum recognizes that the Angus BRAND is flying the plane. Why don't you go up and greet the pilot? Everyone else has.

Bright Raven":1a99rngq said:
Everyone on this forum recognizes that the Angus BRAND is flying the plane. Why don't you go up and greet the pilot? Everyone else has.

He just may have, when he purchased the Black Angus bull that he has.

Workinonit Farm":c6m9kyc9 said:
Bright Raven":c6m9kyc9 said:

He just may have, when he purchased the Black Angus bull that he has.

Thank the good Lord. I think CB has set me up!!!!

I agreed with Bright Raven, I don't see anything on CAB website that they required the animal to be 50% Angus, just stated that it has to be 51% black hided

Bright Raven":8ju1z22f said:
Caustic Burno":8ju1z22f said:
Bright Raven":8ju1z22f said:
Certifiable.

CB, Certified Angus Beef is a Trademark. It is a marketing instrument. Like Ivermectin is sold as Ivomec. If you read the CAB website you will discover that the criteria does not require it to be "certified angus". The CAB criteria are based on the characteristics of the meat, not the breed.

It's a scam you can't recognize from your own pasture blindness.
I have been running an Angus bull for 9 years Hereford for twenty years before that etc. I have had SIMM, Char, Brahman and Brangus Gert was in there some where as well before that.
Hard to :bs: a man at his own game.

Muddy":4jsg9flx said:
I agreed with Bright Raven, I don't see anything on CAB website that they required the animal to be 50% Angus, just stated that it has to be 51% black hided

The CAB Trademark is very interesting. The AAA is not responsible for the CAB marketing strategy. I am sure they are supportive as the CAB website indicates.

Like it or not, this is a capitalist country. Marketing is sometimes disingenuous but as a die-hard conservative, I am sure CB will be fine with the CAB strategy if you could just get him to go read it.

Caustic Burno":35qjmn3d said:
Muddy":35qjmn3d said:
That is the scam heII Holstein can
Qualify

If they are black, you damm right.

CB, you pizz and bellyache about conservative values. Well, CAB is just that. It is a capitalist marketing strategy. Just like you preach about. CAB is disingenuous but it is an example of America at its finest.

Caustic Burno":1vh4uly1 said:
You tryin to bs some one TT all it has to do is grade and have 51% black hide

Thank you. You finally read it.

Hey. I hope you are taking this in good spirits. I am.

Bright Raven":15sbpdrj said:
CB, you pizz and bellyache about conservative values. Well, CAB is just that. It is a capitalist marketing strategy. Just like you preach about. CAB is disingenuous but it is an example of America at its finest.
Conservative values have nothing to do with the scam on the American public.
If the right source starts DNA testing the meat counters what is being sold as Angus the house of cards will tumble.
All those Americans thinking they are getting Angus are being BSed. There is not enough Angus to fill half what is sold under CAB.
The conservative values are if your are selling under the pretense its Angus it should be.

Caustic Burno":3rlzxgmi said:
Bright Raven":3rlzxgmi said:
Conservative values have nothing to do with the scam on the American public.
If the right source starts DNA testing the meat counters what is being sold as Angus the house of cards will tumble.
All those Americans thinking they are getting Angus are being BSed. There is not enough Angus to fill half what is sold under CAB.
The conservative values are if your are selling under the pretense its Angus it should be.

BS. It is not unlike millions of marketing strategies. If you read, it clearly states the criteria for what qualifies as CAB. If someone could have won that suit, it would have been filed 10 years ago.

Get your head out of your azz.

Bright Raven":x3e29add said:
Going with commercial will only help the Angus numbers. Remember, all this Brangus cattle count in both columns - since they are as much Angus as they are Brahman.

Just to set the record straight, Brangus is 5/8 CAB and 3/8 Brahman.

Raven what does it say at the super market.
Certified Angus Beef.
That is the scam the American consumer reads.
It is false advertising at best
Nowhere on that Certified sign does it explain CAB.
You have drank the Kool-Aide

Latest posts