Corriente cows x Black Hereford bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

oh ok yea thats where i seen it i was thinking maybe that was yours or your buddys calf, that calf does look good and it had me thinking ive got a black hereford bull calf that i may just keep im liking the looks of him

oh ok yea thats where i seen it i was thinking maybe that was yours or your buddys calf, that calf does look good and it had me thinking ive got a black hereford bull calf that i may just keep im liking the looks of him
I never did try a BH on our herd, but yeah, this one looks good. I had a client call me Monday wanting to buy 2 Black Herf bulls. He has red angus cows! I always thought he had a registered herd, and I knew he had reg Red Angus and Red Brangus bulls, so I wondered why he would want a BH. But turns out his cows are commercial, so his black baldies will actually bring more than his red calves were. RBBs....Reverse Black Baldies!!! :)

Last edited:
reverse black baldies haha hey whatever works
The cheapest way is to buy Hereford cows and an Angus bull. But, you have to deal with the eye and foot and udder problems of Hereford, The Black Herford has eliminated most of that. even the Black Herefords that are 31/32nds Hereford The most expensive way, but you get a lot better cow, is to buy Angus cows and Herford bull. This dude may have hit on something. Red Angus cows are cheaper to buy than black angus, and are just as good, if not better. Black Hereford bulls are cheaper than Angus bulls , too. Down here black baldies sell for as much as black calves do, and I am sure these calves will sell for more than his commercial red angus calves are. Will be interesting to see how it goes. I am looking for homozygous for black Black Hereford bulls, that are at least 7/8th Hereford. 15/16ths if I can find them.

Latest posts