Black Hereford Stock Update

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie":3ko80h1e said:
the bull in the video (lot 1) has cat hams. not a good thing.
It seems that some bulls have faults. Bull from lot 3 has too much dewlap but many of bulls don't have much muscle in their necks....almost looks like a dairy holstein. Cow from lot 37 looks funny to me, something's wrong with her rear.They still have a long ways to go to become acceptable cattle to most folks.

Where did all of the extra skin come from? How are some horned and some polled? Bunch of sloppy sheathed, hatched butted, gutless, and no muscle what so ever bulls. Especially considering that most of the bulls were over 2 years old in the videos and will be 2 and a half year olds at sale time. The females on the other hand well a few of them would most likely make some decent commercial cows.

iowafarmer":3l4t67xp said:
Where did all of the extra skin come from? How are some horned and some polled? Bunch of sloppy sheathed, hatched butted, gutless, and no muscle what so ever bulls. Especially considering that most of the bulls were over 2 years old in the videos and will be 2 and a half year olds at sale time. The females on the other hand well a few of them would most likely make some decent commercial cows.
The females are not too bad-looking, as long as you use right bull on them but it won't be a black hereford bull.

As for the extra skin, I don't know where it come from but I could mistook them for rodeo bucking brimmer bulls.

ALACOWMAN":2bjz1g8s said:
http://www.thelivestocklink.com/blackhereford/2013/24.html i have to give it to lot 24....... for making it this far with his nutts intact :clap:
Do you think he looks like more Angus than hereford?

ALACOWMAN":3mph9ibv said:
http://www.thelivestocklink.com/blackhereford/2013/24.html i have to give it to lot 24....... for making it this far with his nutts intact :clap:

Lot 17 for that matter also. I do believe they have lost their focus on merit. I would not be to proud of that for a production sale. :shock:

Taurus":1ojvfptt said:
What I do not understand why they can't improve the Black Hereford and fixing their faults? It's not that hard.

Because making money is more important to the foundation members of the crossbred society than improvement of the crossbreds is.

KNERSIE":2u0hiqe0 said:
Taurus":2u0hiqe0 said:
What I do not understand why they can't improve the Black Hereford and fixing their faults? It's not that hard.

Because making money is more important to the foundation members of the crossbred society than improvement of the crossbreds is.

You hit the nail on the head..

KNERSIE":2s4s7hxd said:
Taurus":2s4s7hxd said:

Which is probably the basic reason for starting the registry in the first place

KNERSIE":ritbl6jp said:
Taurus":ritbl6jp said:

That's so true. I guess they are a little lazy to fixing their faults? I just cannot understand how this crossbred won few folks to buying them.....

Taurus":2m6795vx said:
I just cannot understand how this crossbred won few folks to buying them.....

Its the same kind of thinking/marketing that gets someone to pay $600,000 for a bull.

Some day that hangover called reality will set in.

"I just cannot understand how this crossbred won few folks to buying them"...

Its the fact that black hided cattle get more $$$ a pound. You have so many ppl that want to take short cuts, think the cattle biz is a get rich quick investment, thats does not require hard work etc etc.That creates the avenue for some one else to take advantages.. I like the idea, but the product was rolled out before it was ready

back2dfuture":1yt72ih8 said:
"I just cannot understand how this crossbred won few folks to buying them"...

Its the fact that black hided cattle get more $$$ a pound. You have so many ppl that want to take short cuts, think the cattle biz is a get rich quick investment, thats does not require hard work etc etc.That creates the avenue for some one else to take advantages.. I like the idea, but the product was rolled out before it was ready
Except this time, Black Hereford people chased a color fad only and nothing else. At last Balancers, LimoFlex and SimAngus have something to bring to the table.

Latest posts