Black Hereford Stock Update

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan":3ffyltvy said:
TexasBred":3ffyltvy said:
ALACOWMAN":3ffyltvy said:
i hope he is, hate to think someone would lease a steer. though they would be better off.. maybe a missed calf crop, would give them time to wise up.... :cowboy:

I think I can see "one nut" anyway. :cowboy:

I'm sure your talking about the Craigslist poster.[/quote] i feel sure he'll pass the torch to the lessee
:cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":3sli6qed said:
i hope he is, hate to think someone would lease a steer. though they would be better off.. maybe a missed calf crop, would give them time to wise up.... :cowboy:

That's cold blooded SMH....

I feel sorry for the newbie cattle man, that just spent good money on some nice angus heifers, and is gonna lease this bull for his 1st calf crop...

back2dfuture":a9y7qac5 said:
ALACOWMAN":a9y7qac5 said:

I feel sorry for the newbie cattle man, that just spent good money on some nice angus heifers, and is gonna lease this bull for his 1st calf crop...
I can't imagine how these crappy calves do well at the salebarns or feedlots if they looks like that bull in the picture.

I forgot to mention that we will be having a full blown Registered Black Hereford Show on March 7th, 2014 in Alvarado, Texas. So get your black herefords ready. This was the 2013 Champ.

That's to small of a picture for me to get a very good look but if I saw what I think I did you're creating your own nightmare using her as the breed standard as her rump angle sucks.

texbulldog":ld2idei5 said:
I forgot to mention that we will be having a full blown Registered Black Hereford Show on March 7th, 2014 in Alvarado, Texas. So get your black herefords ready. This was the 2013 Champ.

2yr_futurity_heifer.jpg

This cow was shown in the 2012 Texas Black Hereford Sale and was brought back this year to compete again with any from last years futurity heifers. She was judged to be the best of this group and has a more traditional hereford look.

Nice black baldy's!

Are you concerned about lossing heterosis if you keep using these composites over composites rather than the F1 option???

Just food for thought

back2dfuture":3dffj4uw said:
ALACOWMAN":3dffj4uw said:

did you feel sorry for me when i first started and made every mistake known to man?? doubt it..........its the cattle business.. SMDH....if the person actually did exist your taking about.. they would be better off using him on some nice angus heifers

ALACOWMAN":1xco5uw5 said:
back2dfuture":1xco5uw5 said:
ALACOWMAN":1xco5uw5 said:

did you feel sorry for me when i first started and made every mistake known to man?? doubt it..........its the cattle business.. SMDH....if the person actually did exist your taking about.. they would be better off using him on some nice angus heifers

I feel sorry for anyone that does not get his or her moneys worth, due to there lack of knowledge, & due to a more seasoned cattleman taking advantage of them. I don't want to see anyone hustled, that's the type of person I am. I sure a person does exist that will fall for the sales pitch & lease a bad Black hereford bull to put on some nice heifers to get an iffy calf crop. Instead of leasing a good hereford bull to put on good heifers to get good calves.

I'm sure at some point in time a cattleman with more knowledge gave you a bit of advice, because he felt some type of compassion or jus for you and did nt want to see you taken for a ride & keep bumping your head.

What do you call BUSINESS WITHOUT ETHICS, SCAMMING

you'll settle down soon as you come down off your high horse... and realize every thing said should'nt be taken to heart, most of it is just tongue in cheek. not serious.....

ALACOWMAN":15zyuhwl said:
you'll settle down soon as you come down off your high horse... and realize every thing said should'nt be taken to heart, most of it is just tongue in cheek. not serious.....

Naw.... I have not been in the cattle business long enough & I'm to humble to be on a high horse... I don't take anything from a message board to heart, more like a grain of salt & at face value.. :tiphat:

back2dfuture":1rhepppf said:
ALACOWMAN":1rhepppf said:

Naw.... I have not been in the cattle business long enough & I'm to humble to be on a high horse... I don't take anything from a message board to heart, more like a grain of salt & at face value.. :tiphat:
i take from it what i need to learn and improve... and nothing to heart...only got this life.. not gonna go through it with my feelings on my sleeve, and ass on my shoulders .. :cboy:

We just recently had a Polled Hereford sale here in middle TN and the average including both males and females was right at 3000.00 dollars a piece. The Black Herefords averaged over 3100.00 dollars at their sale. Now I'm not gonna argue with you as to which breed is the best but if you want to talk dollars and cents the Black Herefords sold better. Whether or not they maintain these prices is still to be seen. I don't think anyone will argue that the Black Hereford have a long way to go but to say their genetics aren't improving is total hog wash. Even the posters on here admit how nice the yearling heifers are. It's crazy to think that just a few years of breeding can compete with over a hundred. Many people don't like it, but the fact of the matter is Black Herefords are here to stay and they will only to continue to get better with time. I'm attaching a link to the Polled Hereford Sale with the averages on it. Also to the person who made the comment about "check swapping". That happens in every sale to some extent regardless of breed.

http://www.tpha-06.org/

One of the worst decisions made by the Black Hereford Association is not open up the books to inlcude ALL Hereford bulls. As it stands right now you must nominate a bull and the majority of bulls already nominated are owned by the "big wheels" in the ABHA. The books not being fully open makes it very difficult to improve the genetics. The life (or death) of this breed will be how many people continue to produce quality F1 heifers.

tnwalkingred":2scm8h96 said:
We just recently had a Polled Hereford sale here in middle TN and the average including both males and females was right at 3000.00 dollars a piece. The Black Herefords averaged over 3100.00 dollars at their sale. Now I'm not gonna argue with you as to which breed is the best but if you want to talk dollars and cents the Black Herefords sold better. Whether or not they maintain these prices is still to be seen. I don't think anyone will argue that the Black Hereford have a long way to go but to say their genetics aren't improving is total hog wash. Even the posters on here admit how nice the yearling heifers are. It's crazy to think that just a few years of breeding can compete with over a hundred. Many people don't like it, but the fact of the matter is Black Herefords are here to stay and they will only to continue to get better with time. I'm attaching a link to the Polled Hereford Sale with the averages on it. Also to the person who made the comment about "check swapping". That happens in every sale to some extent regardless of breed.

http://www.tpha-06.org/

When you got seed stock operators swapping genetics and all the politics going on t here is no telling what they'll bring. Big numbers bring big time attention to them. I'd love to be a fly in the cattle trailer and see how many of those cattle went right back home. :mrgreen:

Latest posts