Black Hereford Stock Update

Help Support CattleToday:

Taurus":3tz78oi4 said:
back2dfuture":3tz78oi4 said:
"I just cannot understand how this crossbred won few folks to buying them"...

Its the fact that black hided cattle get more $$$ a pound. You have so many ppl that want to take short cuts, think the cattle biz is a get rich quick investment, thats does not require hard work etc etc.That creates the avenue for some one else to take advantages.. I like the idea, but the product was rolled out before it was ready
Except this time, Black Hereford people chased a color fad only and nothing else. At last Balancers, LimoFlex and SimAngus have something to bring to the table.

true that true that & those naive new folks that are jumping in the cattle biz are the ones that will by them in "most" cases..

Alot of people lower their standards to make money. I've read from many that they would rather raise something else, but have to go black because it sells higher.

If these people can make money promoting black like everyone else, more power to them.

No worse than the Certified ANGUS Beef program, er, I mean the certified 51% black hide program. How many 'suckers' have fallen for that?

djinwa":9hno48xb said:
No worse than the Certified ANGUS Beef program, er, I mean the certified 51% black hide program. How many 'suckers' have fallen for that?
Only Black Hereford people fallen for that.... :hide:

I think it different from raising an animal that's 51% something & falls into the CAB Black Hide program, but is quality cattle to get a few extra dollars vs selling cattle that is not put together soundly but its black to get a few extra dollars..

Whow.... This is the United States of America isn't it? Amzing how the ppl that know the least, know it the loudest. :cboy:

Black Herefords getting in your dreams, I know that some even thought that a report might be on it's way and the PM's really tell the story so here are the facts:
The 2013 Black Hereford Sale in Texas concluded with there being 91 head sold for a total of $282,400.00.

After reading all of the post I thought I might include the cattle that were mentioned by lot numbers by the good cattlemen of this board and their sale prices:
#1 - $4200
#3 - $3300
#17 - $1900
#24 - $3100
#37 - $3100
I guess someone somewhere saw something good.

Good old fashioned red horned herefords here will sell for $5,000 plus and that's knowing that the calves stand a fair chance of coming out red. Even a good red angus will beat your prices here. Either bulls don't sell as well where you're at or I'm not as impressed as you think I should be... ;-) Either way I suspect that your prices have been inflated by a handfull of people who want to be the first to jump on something new. I'll be alot more impressed if you can average the same prices over the next five years.

texbulldog":33l5r4oa said:
Black Herefords getting in your dreams, I know that some even thought that a report might be on it's way and the PM's really tell the story so here are the facts:
The 2013 Black Hereford Sale in Texas concluded with there being 91 head sold for a total of $282,400.00.

After reading all of the post I thought I might include the cattle that were mentioned by lot numbers by the good cattlemen of this board and their sale prices:
#1 - $4200
#3 - $3300
#17 - $1900
#24 - $3100
#37 - $3100
I guess someone somewhere saw something good.

Yep that's the question. Who are the buyers?? A lot of "Check Swapping" goes on at these sales (You buy mine and I'll buy yours ;-) ;-) )as well as a he77 of a lot of politics.

i hope he is, hate to think someone would lease a steer. though they would be better off.. maybe a missed calf crop, would give them time to wise up.... :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":2z8v2lzr said:
i hope he is, hate to think someone would lease a steer. though they would be better off.. maybe a missed calf crop, would give them time to wise up.... :cowboy:

I think I can see "one nut" anyway. :cowboy:

TexasBred":1a6kugsj said:
ALACOWMAN":1a6kugsj said:

I think I can see "one nut" anyway. :cowboy:

I'm sure your talking about the Craigslist poster.