Black Hereford Stock Update

Help Support CattleToday:

texbulldog

Reaction score
Just thought I would provide some updated photos to illustrate the progress we are making in the breed because someone asked for photos.
salerefsires_zps5a2e94da.jpg

refdams_zpsf5d35552.jpg

salelots_zpsc7cc2dfe.jpg

I can provide the upcoming sale link if there is any interest. :tiphat:

Where are you located?

Just a question but when marketing your cattle, do you find yourself explaining the differences between baldies and black herefords?

Good looking cattle.

What a relief! At least I know looking by the cows, the Hereford breed has nothing to worry about in terms of competition. :roll: :lol:

I'd certainly have to say the quality of photographs has definitely improved over time - the cattle not so sure.

Aaron":psimyn82 said:
What a relief! At least I know looking by the cows, the Hereford breed has nothing to worry about in terms of competition. :roll: :lol:
In the words of Imus- "Them are some nappy headed hoes."

Looks to me like there needs to be less time spent on promotion and hype, and more time on culling animals that shouldn't reproduce. There are some good animals on there, but you can get the same thing crossing Angus with Herefords for a lot less money.

If your cattle do the job in the feedlot and the rail, it doesn't matter the color. Premiums are paid for red and black baldies, and straight Herefords that can do the job.

The "baldee" refers to only females and the "balder" refers to only males. It really makes it easy when you only have a list or catalog. I thought the way they decided to identify their cattle in the registry was pretty clever. I also agree that some of the cows and some of the bulls do not reflect the desired product but I didn't want to be accused of trying to hide anything about the breed. Is there better stock out there? Sure. These are just an example. The answer to some of the questions are addressed at the association website. Go research it for yourself at www.blackhereford.com. I'm glad that some of you can sleep better now. Didn't know it kept you up, sorry...... Whenever I can get pictures of the better stock I will share. It's good to know there are such gentle(cattle)men out there.

I can honestly say that I'd rather go all red to incorporate GOOD hereford bulls into my program without mixing colors before I'd use most of what's on that page.
I do like those baldie heifers at he bottom of the page though.

Went to the site and perused.
In a nutshell it appears that the whole concept here is to pay $100.00 dollars a year,$25.00 per registration, and you have to use corporate bulls @ $??? (like them or not) not), to register what would otherwise be commercial cattle.

ABBA is missing the boat here. They could start the American Brindle Hereford Association.
They could make a whole lot more than the $10.00 (with no membership required) that it costs to register Golden Certified F1 cattle now.

I really would like an ABHA guy to tell me what the Assocation objective is if I did not cover it here.
I am not seeing where value to your herd is enhanced with the bulls or the concept.
Thanks

Aaron":fftjybmq said:

Neither does the angus breed need to worry.

I also agree that some of the cows and some of the bulls do not reflect the desired product but I didn't want to be accused of trying to hide anything about the breed.

Then why are they offered for sale?