Thoughts on Black Beefmasters/ Anyone have any?

Help Support CattleToday:

Seems like breedng for color goes against the philosophy of the breed's founder, Tom Lasater. As he said, "The hide color doesn't matter when the T-bone is on the platter."

The nerve of these people who have black beefmasters. How dare they emulate the only black cattle in the U.S. to try and con their way into the CAB market. 8) 8)

Don't know why anyone would want them to be black, but Beefmasters are darn fine cattle. We've got a herd of them from Lasater at the outfit I work at. We're going to start AI'ing them tomorrow.

MikeC":3s9mh35e said:
The nerve of these people who have black beefmasters. How dare they emulate the only black cattle in the U.S. to try and con their way into the CAB market. 8) 8)

Certified Angus Brangus?

You planning on starting something again?

Bez!

if you want tropical heat adapted cattle that are black i would go Senegus or Brangus. black beefmasters are watered down brangus, angus genetics. ;-)

Bez!":h7a8jv23 said:
MikeC":h7a8jv23 said:

Certified Angus Brangus?

Bez!

Not a chance! :lol: :lol:

Why would you want them Black? You lose some of your heat tolerance with black hided cows. Go back and look at the Beefmaster's beginnings. Developed at Falfurrias, TX not far from the King Ranch where Santa Gertrudis were developed. Both breeds were developed to survive and reproduce in the harsh South Texas climate. Red, yellow and brindled colored cattle was all you found in the area below San Antonio.

Bez!":12wplyjj said:
MikeC":12wplyjj said:

Certified Angus Brangus?

Bez!

Certified Angus Brangus?

How about Certified Angus Beefmasters

oh boy a can of worms has been opened.your so right on the blk beefmasters losing a step b/c off the angus.i was talking to a good friend of steve emmons last nite.an we got to talking bout the blk bulls.an he said yes there is angus in some of them.an that you can see it in them.said also that its causing a big stink in the bbu.also talked about smooth connection.and yes he is dead now.but theres still some semen on him left.the friend that i was talking to has 4 smooth daughters.an they arnt for sale.the blk influence is why im staying with red beefmasters.

I know a guy that has a black beefmaster bull
if anyone wants semen i can probably hook you up.
the association (just like a bunch of others) is just trying to piggy back on this black hide deal. it is all BS

I have serveral blk heifers and 2 black bulls, one of my blk female should be calving any day now, I breed her to one of really nice red bulls I can't wait to see what color comes out. She is out of an solid blk E6 from a red beefmaster bull and registered Maine momma, the same bulls I breed her to I breed one of our solid red heifer (no white anywhere on this girl) she put a bull calf on the ground Saturday that weighed 55 lbs, nice size for a first time calver she had no probrlems kicking that baby out.. I also have several beefmasters that are paints one looks like a hereferd. Still you can't beat a solid red or a solid red with a small amount of whiter underline.

Latest posts