The dog bit somebody

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, that dog would be dead already if it was my dog. I don't mind it if my dog was barking, but biting somebody is a big no and my dog knows it. We like having some visitors over.

M-5":23k6dwdk said:
What I find amusing is if the thread had read " lady gets bitten by my dog trying to take my daughter." You all would be praising the dog. What most can't seem to comprehend is people with common sense realize both senerios are the same to the dog. He did his job. These are animals they don't think like we do. People that can't understand that should not own any animals or go anywhere where animals are.

Exactly
They don't have the ability to reason
They have limited mental capacity
99% is instinct
What they've been bred to do
You don't take a cowdog to work sheep or border collie as a police dog

If youre present you tell the dog how to react
He looks to you for guidance
If your not there then it's back to instinct
Whether it's stand and fight or run and hide.
If cowdog bred then they are bred to take on a 2000# bull if need be without fear, backdown, bite clean and hard

Young dogs especially get nervous and bite out of confusion and fear

I also think it's worth noting that the lady was BITTEN, (probably a hard nip), Not ATTACKED. Huge difference.

Thats why I employ a real dog and not an ankle biter . I too expect the dog to protect my domicile if I'm not here. Now if a dog goes on anothers property and inflicts harm I to will kill it. CB your advocating killing a dog that protected a child. That mentality is more dangerous that 200 Rottweilers and one gyp in heat.

If my kids were out in the yard and a strange adult pulled in and stepped out I know for sure that four out of six of my dogs would bite. The other two are pups. If I didn't know that about them I'd find a couple that I did know that about.

TennesseeTuxedo":1s52uf9b said:
Muddy":1s52uf9b said:
Nah, that dog would be dead already if it was my dog. I don't mind it if my dog was barking, but biting somebody is a big no and my dog knows it. We like having some visitors over.

Taurus the Dog Slayer!
Grow up, TennesseeTuxedo you are getting a little ridiculous in this thread. I'm just saying if it was my dog, I would put him down. Can't afford to lost the customers (I do business at home).

TennesseeTuxedo":3vqvlsma said:
Taurus, you live your little life however you see fit and if that means killing your dogs well good on ya cowboy.

I think all you big talking dog slayers are full of crap.
Honestly, you're being pathetic and immature. Grow a thick skin and don't be cowgirl8 then.

If where you live requires a dog for protection of children their should be parents watching them not a dog. There is not a dog alive that can stop an intruder bent on doing the task. All a dog is good for is an early warning system if your home if your not home he is worthless.

Perhaps I am just an ignorant hillbilly, but I do not even understand what their is to debate. The dog thought she was protecting herself and Bigfoots daughter from a stranger. She warned the stranger but the lady ignored the warning and got bit. Is reading an animal that hard for some people? A hissing cat will claw you, a pawing and snorting bull will trample you, a growling dog will bite you. If you do not understand these basics then perhaps you should stay in the city where squirrels are the most dangerous critter around. This talk of killing a dog for what is natural for them to do just seems silly.

How did the dog react after the bite and wack with the toy? That could tell you how the dog may be in the future. My dog barked at our daughter as her face was right there. The act of the bark nipped her in the face. She was young and I just got done saying to her to stop and leave him alone. He ran to his kennel and punished himself! I never even yelled at him, she screamed. He stayed there for the whole day. I had to force him out to go pee. That was 4 or 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts