That Minnesota shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

Is it a generational thing? It just struck me like a truck,that she could live-stream (what is that,anyway) the aftermath of a shooting. I could maybe do that if I had a smart-phone and 6 mos experience with said phone. And maybe she could have used that phone to call 911? What is it with these kids that they text instead of talking? They stream video to utube of their meals. Social media is a strange thing. I'm glad I grew up without it.

john250":38hz6sl3 said:
Is it a generational thing? It just struck me like a truck,that she could live-stream (what is that,anyway) the aftermath of a shooting. I could maybe do that if I had a smart-phone and 6 mos experience with said phone. And maybe she could have used that phone to call 911? What is it with these kids that they text instead of talking? They stream video to utube of their meals. Social media is a strange thing. I'm glad I grew up without it.

Social media is the yoke for our youth. And they embrace it willingly and eagerly.

The so called victim in Minnesota wasn't so innocent. He has a long list of crimes he committed, including failed to registering for repeat sex offender.

TB you and Sky have got a lotta nerve. I simply posted a comment that came directly from a reporter for the NY Times. So TB you say that I'm spreading misinformation. You say that the gunman(men) were not protestors. You based this on a statement made by the police chief. He could be wrong also. Do you know that for a fact? Or are you simply repeating what you heard or read? What's the difference?

And Sky the biggest problem I have with what you said is that the founding fathers made the mistake of assuming that common sense would continue through the generations. How would they have possibly known how wrong they would be. You'll never convince me that they intended for deadbeats and freeloaders to "live" off the "system". Everything can't be in black and white. That's where common sense comes into play. But very few have it. I want to protest ignorance. But I don't have time. I have to work and pay taxes so I can feed my kids, the deadbeats kids, the freeloaders kids, and the protestors kids. And one final thought.... What were they protesting? Looked to me like an excuse to have another street party full of looting and pillaging and destruction. A man walking around in public with an AR? Really? Don't pi$$ down my back and tell me it's raining. There's nothing peaceful about any of the protests centered around police shootings. The protestors were looking for trouble.

No harm no foul. I'm not mad with either of you. Just wanted to tell you what I thought is all.

greybeard":1p5zuudw said:
Son of Butch":1p5zuudw said:
john250":1p5zuudw said:
A few years ago, I was bit by a copperhead. I remember my exact thoughts as soon as I realized I had been bitten. "Oh for cryin out loud--what a thing to have happen at my age" Then I just walked up to the porch and calmly told my wife to "get your keys and me a shirt, you have to drive me to town--I just got snake bit"

Bit you for running round shirtless I'd reckon

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/20 ... -killings/

Interesting information here. Look at the armed robbery suspect and then look at the shooting victim.

Then look at the picture with the gun in the victims lap.

Still waiting on the full story.

I hope we can get a social leader that comes to the surface to calm the division. Life is just too short for all the madness.

Son of Butch":sgyc8w4c said:
It is important to remember only video released has been by the girl from after the shooting.

I expect all the details will come out after a long long investigation.
I assume this will speed up eventually putting body cams on all cops in the Twin Cities.
2 sides to every story.
Guess I should heed my own advice to wait and remember we have only heard 1 side.

The officers' side needs to be heard. The media has already convicted him and that's not the American way.
I hope it all comes out in a trial, otherwise the public will believe everything has been swept under the rug again.

Commercialfarmer":1p6e6oy1 said:
https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/07/08/confirmed-philando-castile-was-an-armed-robbery-suspect-false-media-narrative-now-driving-cop-killings/

Interesting information here. Look at the armed robbery suspect and then look at the shooting victim.

Then look at the picture with the gun in the victims lap.

Still waiting on the full story.

I hope we can get a social leader that comes to the surface to calm the division. Life is just too short for all the madness.
"I'm going to stop a car. I'm going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over."

"The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery. The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just 'cause of the wide set nose."
That same description would fit a million different people.

:roll:

Commercialfarmer":2ytuew7c said:
greybeard":2ytuew7c said:
"I'm going to stop a car. I'm going to check IDs. I have reason to pull it over."

"The two occupants just look like people that were involved in a robbery. The driver looks more like one of our suspects, just 'cause of the wide set nose."
Is that anything like "They all look alike"?
:roll:

Maybe? They'll have to ask the guy that pulled the trigger. I'm sure an attorney will get the chance before too long.

I'd also like someone to ask the reporters that kept printing white hispanic in the Zimmerman case why they did that. Or why white people are being shot, because a brown police officer named Jeronimo Yanez killed a black man. In addition, why have we not heard what race Jeronimo is? Because it doesn't fit the narrative of "white" or the fabricated "white hispanic".

The media is responsible for colluding to stoke this violence.

More specifically to this incident, I find it interesting if that is a gun in his lap, that the girlfriend failed to mention that part when speaking with the press.

Also, why did she lie about him having a gun permit?

"Ms. Reynolds also claims her boyfriend, Castile, was holding a concealed carry permit for a firearm that was resting on his left thigh. This also appears to be false.

According to a question presented to the local county sheriff who oversees the Concealed Carry Permit process, Mr. Castile had never requested a concealed carry permit from their office:

Due to the rear facing camera option on the phone Ms. Reynolds was using, the uploaded video is a reversed mirror image – making it appear she was in the drivers side, and Castile was on the passenger side. However, that impression is incorrect, astile was driving the vehicle. The uploaded image is reversed by Facebook Livestream Video.

However, in part of the video it is possible to see a hand gun located on the thigh of Philando Castile. This also appears to be why Officer Yanez repeats to Ms. Reynolds not to reach toward her boyfriend"

It might be a very bad, life ending decision that can't be made right. But IF that is a gun, and IF that guy wasn't following orders, there might be more validity to the police officer's decision. Hate that it happened either way.

Just to throw out some additional food for thought...

Chicago shooting statistics for this year to date only: Remember one of the strictest gun law cities in the US.

Total Shot: 2082
Shot & Killed: 309
Shot & Wounded: 1773

Those look like war stats. They are war stats, but the war is waging in inner cities America.

Knowing that, and knowing that the guy you just pulled over has a gun in his lap, and you think he might be a robbery by gun suspect..... how puckered would your back side be?

I can see how very bad decisions are made, or justified decisions, or really really just tragic they had to be made decisions.

It's sad. And the inner city violence is just getting worse.

GB, I'd buy your explanation of how a person could react to a situation like that. But there might be one other explanation that hasn't been considered.

I believe this is her and him on the fourth... I don't think that's an everyday ordinary cigarette she's puffing on. And her kid is in the back seat.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 7611243538

But if anyone is feeling generous, the familial type people of the deceased have started 3, yes 3 go fund me pages and are currently sitting around 200k in the black.

I've lost interest in anything she has to say.

True Grit Farms":27jtwwew said:
TB when will folks learn ? Wasn't there a thread about spreading misinformation on here? Great example of folks not waiting for the facts before they start spewing out misinformation which in turn can fan the flames of others. Why must those folks stay at home? Why can't they protest? They could have taken vacation and or be off work etc... Why does it matter where they were remember we all have the same rights no matter if you work or don't. Whether you are at home or out protesting? These types of comments are exactly why we are in the situation we are in today. I guess some folks will never learn :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

See I disagree with most all of that Sky. You and I both know there's more deadbeats and freeloaders protesting than the working folks. And I don't believe that a deadbeat or freeloader has any rights. If you don't work and pay taxes screw you. They're the main reason we're screwed as working folks.[/quote]
You don't know that to be a fact or even half way correct. Besides that it was after working hours. I saw about as many white folks in that crowd as blacks and saw several interviews with very intelligent "employed" black folks. Pretty obvious you are a very bigoted racist TGF. Your post drip with it.

TB the problem is a large portion of the black community have been enslaved by the government under the guise of LBJ's great society they no longer know how normal society functions this is compounded by the media constantly feeding the masses opinion trama and drama versus the facts IMO. Classic divide and conquer.
Again IMO critical thinking has went the way of the dinosaurs for being fed what to think.
I do not believe there were altruistic
Intentions of the media or government.
The recent FBI investigation revealed again reaffirmed by our AG when the incidents in Mn and La are being called hate crimes I wonder what she thought Dallas was again divide and conquer.

TexasBred":1e4b8wcv said:
You don't know that to be a fact or even half way correct. Besides that it was after working hours. I saw about as many white folks in that crowd as blacks and saw several interviews with very intelligent "employed" black folks. Pretty obvious you are a very bigoted racist TGF. Your post drip with it.

TB I think you better lay off that firewater. Makes you ornery. TG ain't a racist. I will personally vouch for him there. As far as being a bigot.... Aren't we all?

And I will say it again.... All these protests look more like a friggin street party than an actual demonstration that could possibly have a positive outcome. It's the same old song and dance. Nothing changes. They hoop and holler and loot and jump on people's cars and throw gang signs until they finally have enough and go back home. Everybody knows the definition of insanity.

JMJ Farms":qvqxgffm said:
TexasBred":qvqxgffm said:

TB I think you better lay off that firewater. Makes you ornery. TG ain't a racist. I will personally vouch for him there. As far as being a bigot.... Aren't we all?

And I will say it again.... All these protests look more like a friggin street party than an actual demonstration that could possibly have a positive outcome. It's the same old song and dance. Nothing changes. They hoop and holler and loot and jump on people's cars and throw gang signs until they finally have enough and go back home. Everybody knows the definition of insanity.
No fire water here fella...Everything TG says along this line reeks of racism. The protest in Dallas had finished and had been very orderly. Even the police attested to as much. Everybody ran when the shots began so maybe that was what you were seeing or maybe you were on another channel.

Update - acquittal
Officer Jeronimo Yanez's trial began May 30 and ended yesterday June 16 in St Paul
(after the judge refused his request of change of venue with Yanez fearing he would not get a fair trial.)
He was facing 3 charges, 2nd degree manslaughter and 2 counts of reckless discharge of a firearm and was facing
up to 10 years in prison. The jury mix was 7 men, 5 women 10 white and 2 black.
After 5 days of deliberation (25+ hours) the jury acquitted Officer Yanez of all 3 charges.

Protest and yesterday's aftermath following the verdict.
After an hour long rally nearly 2,000 protesters took to the streets singing and chanting in a peaceful manner, followed
by police in full riot gear. Over 400 protesters spilled out onto I-94 closing the interstate hwy section to St Paul.

The police responded by forming a diagonal line and each lines captain would shout "MOVE" to which each officer
responded by shouting "Move Back" thrust out their riot shield took 1 step forward and stopped. Until the captain
would again shout "MOVE" and the entire process was repeated. It was all very controlled, systematic and looked almost
robotic. It was also effective and all protesters were cleared by 12:30 am with 0 injuries, 1 tear gassed and 1 arrested.
The St Paul police should be commended for showing incredible patience and resistant.
Their new and extensive training tactics were completed successfully with impressive results.
A big improvement over last summer when protesters also closed this section of I-94 and 102 protesters were arrested
and 21 law enforcement officers were injured... 1 seriously.

One juror stated... "He is well aware there are members of the community who believe The Jury Simply
Got It Wrong, but it was just not that simple and they did not see the evidence we were shown."

I was surprised Yanez was aquitted of recklessness, but as the juror stated...
I wasn't on the jury nor did I hear both sides or see all of the evidence.

Latest posts